• Don't care.

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Correct except I've seen newer mustangs with them. '70 Mach 1s were awesome btw.
iu

iu
I think they were mostly for looks. They were terrible for visibility.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Better hang on for the ride on your life, because it is coming, and not in a good way.

Hee, hee, reminds one of Robin Williams lampooning the color coded warning system from the Bush administration TSA: "we don't know where....we don't know when....we don't know who....but something awful is gonna happen!"

You sound like one of those fearmongers you're always on about :nod:
For one who hates mainstream and social media so much...why do you behave exactly like the way you claim they do that makes you hate them?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
The idea that blocking misinformation on a privately held website is a violation of free speech?

Oh, I absolutely do!

I'm all for private platforms deciding on content. My only retort is that some of what they are blocking is not necessarily misinformation, but merely information that differs from what's coming out of official government channels. Governments are not always forthcoming, as evidence by the original mask guidance. Having other viewpoints to consider is usually beneficial to society.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The idea that blocking misinformation on a privately held website is a violation of free speech?

Oh, I absolutely do!
Who said it's misinformation? You? That's what I thought. Too many of you that only want to hear what they want, when they want. Now, that is funny. No, I guess that is really sad.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm all for private platforms deciding on content. My only retort is that some of what they are blocking is not necessarily misinformation, but merely information that differs from what's coming out of official government channels. Governments are not always forthcoming, as evidence by the original mask guidance. Having other viewpoints to consider is usually beneficial to society.
Bingo! It's about time we hear all viewpoints. The Gov't and all Gov't agencies are never forthcoming, yet most keep on believing they are. True sign of insanity.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hee, hee, reminds one of Robin Williams lampooning the color coded warning system from the Bush administration TSA: "we don't know where....we don't know when....we don't know who....but something awful is gonna happen!"

For one who hates mainstream and social media so much...why do you behave exactly like the way you claim they do that makes you hate them?
I absolutely hate all social media, but all viewpoints should be available to any that want to hear it. If you don't think we are going to pay dearly for the last two years I don't know what to tell you except, wait and see. No one can predict the future, but only God will be able to pull us out of this mess.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I absolutely hate all social media, but all viewpoints should be available to any that want to hear it. If you don't think we are going to pay dearly for the last two years I don't know what to tell you except, wait and see.

So you're saying I shouldn't just go ahead and live my life? That I should sit around and wait and worry? .... *blink* *blink* .... that's exactly the opposite of what some guy on this forum said...now, who was that?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We the people deserve to hear everything, then we can form our own opinion on who to believe. I do know one thing that is a fact and the is listening to WHO, CDC, FDA and Dr. Midget have lied constantly and I don't believe a damn thing coming out of theirs mouths. I hope this doesn't constitute political talk as I don't want to get banned again.:)
Just a touch of canola oil can make a tinfoil hat just sparkle. Just sayin'.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Nix all the government crap.

There more important things to discuss like rumors of us getting a cross-town rival..

Would they still have to be the Flames? How about changing the name to "Glendale Gas Flames"? Heyyyyy, now we can go back to the Pacific and kick out Edmonton! I'm in!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He doesn't. But he depends on people like you to believe he might. Worked like a charm.
Nix all the government crap.

There more important things to discuss like rumors of us getting a cross-town rival..

Is this a joke? Just how angry does he want to make the Calgary fans? I've been to the Saddle Dome and LIKE those fans. Knowledgeable as all hell. Nice as all hell.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Is this a joke? Just how angry does he want to make the Calgary fans? I've been to the Saddle Dome and LIKE those fans. Knowledgeable as all hell. Nice as all hell.

I’m calling it satire.

Even sports bloggers can have a good sense of humor.

Besides the thought of the Flames moving to GRA and Coyotes across town would blow a lot more fuses above the 49th parallel than those in Alberta. :D

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Who said it's misinformation? You? That's what I thought. Too many of you that only want to hear what they want, when they want. Now, that is funny. No, I guess that is really sad.
You're wasting your time. A lot of people believe anything they don't agree with should be outlawed. When did freedom slide so far down the priority list in America? Sad. It will take another platform to get balanced information but then that platform will have the nutzo people from the other end of the spectrum so you'll still have to wade through a bunch of shit. Either that or remove all the protections platforms like Twitter have but that will take uncorrupt politicians and we know that won't happen.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
When did freedom slide so far down the priority list in America? Sad. .

So you would force businesses to leave up information on their websites which is demonstrably false? For the people that won't believe the "demonstrably" part? That's seems a bit dangerous, ya think? Because that is precisely what you are suggesting.

And for the record, obviously you don't know me IRL - but I historically among people who do know me well IRL sort of have a reputation for not getting involved in controversial topics; that's how nutso this one is.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
So you would force businesses to leave up information on their websites which is demonstrably false? For the people that won't believe the "demonstrably" part? That's seems a bit dangerous, ya think? Because that is precisely what you are suggesting.

And for the record, obviously you don't know me IRL - but I historically among people who do know me well IRL sort of have a reputation for not getting involved in controversial topics; that's how nutso this one is.

It's not really about true or false. Social media sites don't try and remove ALL false information. If they did, there would be very little to read. :D

What they are doing in the case of the pandemic is removing information that contradicts the official government position.

Truth has very little to do with it. The social media sites are not researching what is true and what is false.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

If you listened to that interview and didn't hear a lot of facts, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: cobra427

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018

Robin Williams came to my ship once.

USS Roosevelt

Just after 9/11. He put on a comedy act in hangar bay 2. There was a stage and thousands of us sea warriors surrounded it.

After he was introduced we all clapped, but when it was dieing down, a kid yelled, "The food sucks shit!"

Robin Williams froze. Turning to him slowly, he started rubbing his eyes to simulate crying. He said (paraphrasing), " Oh f***ing waa. There are American soldiers digging their own bed out there. Eating MRE's and you have 3 hot meals a day and a bed. Oh f***ing waaa."

Everybody erupted!!!

....in retrospect, for an American icon to tell me, yeah you're at war and it sucks, but people have it way worse than you, helped my morale.

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I had no part in this. :D

The amount of people who are going to get their asses handed to them is staggering. A disproportionate amount of people I know who are into gambling are exactly the type who should not be into gambling. Not everyone of course, plenty of people know what they're doing, but A LOT are just fools making everyone else money!

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The amount of people who are going to get their asses handed to them is staggering. A disproportionate amount of people I know who are into gambling are exactly the type who should not be into gambling. Not everyone of course, plenty of people know what they're doing, but A LOT are just fools making everyone else money!
The gambling honeymoon is helping but a major metro having access to gambling will lead to long term revenues. Sports betting his huge. My first visit to FanDuel there was a guy laying stacks of Benjamin's on the desk. There is some fat kats here getting in on the action. Keep the business local. No need for Vegas.

Built my $50 to just under $300 and now I am down to $26. Enjoying the Barstool app. My only foray into degenerate gambling was $100+ wagers on Michigan +7.5 against Georgia and $126 Lions moneyline against Iggles. Also went to a Suns game just to bet on it. Mostly just small bets. I have enough sense to not wager past expendable funds I would spend on other stupid crap like Bob Uecker cards.

Reactions: Sinurgy

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Just like in Vegas, the house always wins. I feel fortunate that I have zero desire to gamble.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Just like in Vegas, the house always wins. I feel fortunate that I have zero desire to gamble.

Living for almost 4 years in Reno my betting was limited to the occasional $2 parlay cards during the NFL season.

Plus an all-niter playing $2 Pai Gow Poker at the Peppermill all night once with a couple of friends and only lost $20 over 6 straight hours at the same table. It was a blast. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad