• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Cape Town?
No.

My ship almost went there though...

USS Roosevelt after a 6 month deployment in the Persian Gulf.

Higher ups were scared to go back through the Suez Canal, so they decided to go around the Horn.

The Navy even sent people ahead to plan MWR trips in Cape Town. I was going to do a great white shark cage death trip.

Cape Town wanted 1 million dollars for us to port. Plus the ability to inspect our reactor.

No Cape Town for us...

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Santiago is one :)
My parents always go this route. It is where the Atlantic hits the Pacific. Roughest waters in the world.

Imagine an icebreaker, a ship with a narrow hull, going against big waves. The passengers and crew puke for 2 days. You are literally strapped to your bed.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Tough call, but I'd say my favorite "new" band of 2021 was Wolf Alice.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I've been learning a lot lately from recordings of the late Tasmanian farmer Bill Mollison. But I didn't realize there were penguins there.
Yeah. We went to the south of the island at night and watched them come ashore and walk to their "houses." You need a tour guide with a flashlight, but it it's neat to see.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I've been learning a lot lately from recordings of the late Tasmanian farmer Bill Mollison. But I didn't realize there were penguins there.
Lanky was my Uncle's name. He was a biker. I have both a biker and an Uncle story, which do you choose?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yeah. We went to the south of the island at night and watched them come ashore and walk to their "houses." You need a tour guide with a flashlight, but it it's neat to see.
Can also do that at Phillip Island outside Melbourne. No flashlights needed as they have make a boardwalk that the penguins go under.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Long podcast on mRNA/Covid but very informative:

Please, before any of you think about spending 3 hours on this, do research on the parties involved and decide for yourselves if they're worth your time.

My answer was "no".

(Summary of my own research - LOL at RWNJs saying America is like nazi Germany for reasons other than RWNJs)

Reactions: XX and MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Please, before any of you think about spending 3 hours on this, do research on the parties involved and decide for yourselves if they're worth your time.

My answer was "no".

(Summary of my own research - LOL at RWNJs saying America is like nazi Germany for reasons other than RWNJs)

This first person to use the Nazi analogy loses the argument. It's a rule.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Am seriously retiring in a year when I turn 65. Tired of COVID. Tired of vaccine refusniks. Tired of being pushed for antibiotics “just in case”. Time for a young folk to take my place.
Will summer in New Hampshirite, winter here.

I can take care your NH spot while you are in AZ ;)

Reactions: MIGs Dog

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

My answer was "no".

I'm watching it now.
He's clearly qualified to weigh in. Maybe the most qualified individual there is who is not subject to a conflict of interest.
He's frustrated that he's under attack from media and government around the world. He's frustrated that vaccine risk can't be discussed. He's frustrated that doctors offering early treatment of the disease are under attack. He's frustrated that the Indian state that crushed the disease with early treatment isn't allowed to disclose what they gave their citizens.
Really interesting interview.

Reactions: cobra427 and RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm watching it now.
He's clearly qualified to weigh in. Maybe the most qualified individual there is who is not subject to a conflict of interest.
He's frustrated that he's under attack from media and government around the world. He's frustrated that vaccine risk can't be discussed. He's frustrated that doctors offering early treatment of the disease are under attack. He's frustrated that the Indian state that crushed the disease with early treatment isn't allowed to disclose what they gave their citizens.
Really interesting interview.
It's amazing how early treatment is attacked in the media. Any discussion that doesn't push multiple vaccines which is making these companies and politicians invested in them billions of dollars, is attacked until it disappears from social media. Vaccines for high risk people and early treatment can and should go hand in hand.

Reactions: cobra427
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad