• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Buddy from work is a big burly tattooed, ex-marine biker. He thinks he's tough. I've always wanted to go toe to toe with him and test him...

We end up in Dallas for training together. Go out drinking hard and he pulls me outside. Says everybody in the bar wants to fight me. I say, let's go back in a kick some ass, it would be a coming together of the Navy and Marines...

He tells me the only person he will let me fight is him. We catch a cab home.

In the back of the cab we start swinging. The cabbie gets upset, so we stop and ask him to drop us off behind our hotel.

We both know it is on at that point. I remember paying the taxi as he loosened up. It was a dark empty parking lot. Perfect.

I got him in a head lock and started pounding away. He broke free and punched me square in the face.

Have you ever had a moment of clarity? I did.

I remember thinking, if this is all he has, he's about to get an ass whooping...

.025 nanoseconds later I saw my feet rise as I was airborne. I broke my tail bone landing.

I got up and said you win and went to bed.

Next day my buddy had no recollection of the night before or facial damage from my barrage...
Oof. I guess you asked for it but damn, a broken tail bone is no joke.
I've broken many bones playing hockey and rugby. The most painful by far was the tail bone I broke while snowboarding. I was riding some early season powder in @ducky 's neck of the woods. I started to lose control so I did a butt flop in the open snow before things got worse and I hit a tree. Searing pain and I think I blacked out a bit. Turns out there was a frozen tree stump hidden by the fresh snow and I got it square with my left butt cheek.
I remember when it happened it felt (among other things) like I shit my pants. They immobilized me for the ambulance so I never got to investigate that. I wonder sometimes if the nurses cleaned me up when they dropped my pants for xray and I suppressed the memory or if it was a false alarm.

Anyone else feel like sharing too much information?

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I've broken many bones playing hockey and rugby. The most painful by far was the tail bone I broke while snowboarding. I was riding some early season powder in @ducky 's neck of the woods. I started to lose control so I did a butt flop in the open snow before things got worse and I hit a tree. Searing pain and I think I blacked out a bit. Turns out there was a frozen tree stump hidden by the fresh snow and I got it square with my left butt cheek.
I remember when it happened it felt (among other things) like I shit my pants. They immobilized me for the ambulance so I never got to investigate that. I wonder sometimes if the nurses cleaned me up when they dropped my pants for xray and I suppressed the memory or if it was a false alarm.

Going back 15 years I had a slight meniscus tear that would cause some inflammation occasionally. At same time I was out snowmobiling and was having a belt issue. Went in for closer look and put my hand on exhaust burning the palm. Iced it with snow and headed home. Played hockey that night and was tripped hitting a guy's knee with my shoulder, separating it.

So I head into emergency to get confirmation and plan from Doc. After examination I ask him to take a quick peak at hand. He says it looks clean but I should take something for inflammation. When I tell him I'm already taking naproxen for knee he quickly turns and asks " Are you harming yourself intentionally "? I laugh and explain how all 3 happened. He says "you need to start growing up and acting like an adult"!!! Another good laugh.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

If I were a few beers in I could regale with tales of stupidity and insult to injury...17 broken bones to date and multiple knee injuries (including a terrible triad when I was only 10)...most earned through recklessness.

I think my most painful occurred tobogganing on New Year's Eve when I was 15. I was the 6th person on a 6 person toboggan. Racing down a hill we came to a sudden stop as we slammed into a hole where a tree used to be. The girl in front on me had her hands on the back of the guy in front of her. On impact everyone flew forward (including myself) except said girl. She shoved herself backwards. My jaw met the back of her head resulting in a concussion, broken jaw and 4 busted teeth. I am not sure how long I was out. When I came to, I was upset that they had packed my brand new ski touque with snow and were holding it on my mashed face. As it was New Years Eve noone could drive me to the hospital. I had to wait in the house sipping ice cold drinks until our designated driver showed up. The next morning I went downstairs to tell my mom I needed to go to the hospital.

Teenagers can be really dumb.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What were these back window covers called and what was their purpose?

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-3_14-16-37.png
    upload_2022-1-3_14-16-37.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Back to Phase 2 covid restrictions here in Toronto and Ontario. Kids are to be home schooled. No gyms. No indoor dining. No museums or similar venues. Everything else is half capacity. Sounds like no fans in arenas though. That part is unclear to me.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of Canada follows and the same with the NHL.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Long podcast on mRNA/Covid but very informative:

I only listened to about an hour as that was all the time I had this morning, now I see it is unavailable. Typical. If it doesn't meet the narrative of theses companies or people they make the videos unavailable.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm watching it now.
He's clearly qualified to weigh in. Maybe the most qualified individual there is who is not subject to a conflict of interest.
He's frustrated that he's under attack from media and government around the world. He's frustrated that vaccine risk can't be discussed. He's frustrated that doctors offering early treatment of the disease are under attack. He's frustrated that the Indian state that crushed the disease with early treatment isn't allowed to disclose what they gave their citizens.
Really interesting interview.
We the people deserve to hear everything, then we can form our own opinion on who to believe. I do know one thing that is a fact and the is listening to WHO, CDC, FDA and Dr. Midget have lied constantly and I don't believe a damn thing coming out of theirs mouths. I hope this doesn't constitute political talk as I don't want to get banned again.:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's amazing how early treatment is attacked in the media. Any discussion that doesn't push multiple vaccines which is making these companies and politicians invested in them billions of dollars, is attacked until it disappears from social media. Vaccines for high risk people and early treatment can and should go hand in hand.
Bingo. How many remember Purdue Pharma? FDA turned their head when presented with evidence. Same is happening again. Kick them all out on the asses.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Please, before any of you think about spending 3 hours on this, do research on the parties involved and decide for yourselves if they're worth your time.

My answer was "no".

(Summary of my own research - LOL at RWNJs saying America is like nazi Germany for reasons other than RWNJs)
Why? Because his narrative doesn't agree with your way of thinking? He has as much creditability as everyone in the past. Don't know if he is right or wrong, but I do know that the so called experts that we are suppose to believe haven't got the job done.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If I were a few beers in I could regale with tales of stupidity and insult to injury...17 broken bones to date and multiple knee injuries (including a terrible triad when I was only 10)...most earned through recklessness.

I think my most painful occurred tobogganing on New Year's Eve when I was 15. I was the 6th person on a 6 person toboggan. Racing down a hill we came to a sudden stop as we slammed into a hole where a tree used to be. The girl in front on me had her hands on the back of the guy in front of her. On impact everyone flew forward (including myself) except said girl. She shoved herself backwards. My jaw met the back of her head resulting in a concussion, broken jaw and 4 busted teeth. I am not sure how long I was out. When I came to, I was upset that they had packed my brand new ski touque with snow and were holding it on my mashed face. As it was New Years Eve noone could drive me to the hospital. I had to wait in the house sipping ice cold drinks until our designated driver showed up. The next morning I went downstairs to tell my mom I needed to go to the hospital.

Teenagers can be really dumb.
17 broken bones. WOW. I had 6, and I thought that was bad. :laugh:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Back to Phase 2 covid restrictions here in Toronto and Ontario. Kids are to be home schooled. No gyms. No indoor dining. No museums or similar venues. Everything else is half capacity. Sounds like no fans in arenas though. That part is unclear to me.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of Canada follows and the same with the NHL.

What about bars? Are bars half capacity while gyms are completely closed? Makes no sense.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I always imagined they were just for privacy/shade. Is that right?

I think mainly shade. The angle of the glass on hatchbacks would turn the inside of the car into a sauna without them. You don't see them anymore on new cars, however. My '70 Mustang Mach 1 had it.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

After two years the stupidity remains. :facepalm:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He doesn't. But he depends on people like you to believe he might. Worked like a charm.
You believe what and who you want, and I will do the same, that our choice. That is the way it's suppose to be, but let's hear it all, not only what social media wants us to hear. Having this video blocked is a great example. Two years into this BS and we are no better off. Time to rattle the cages of these so called experts. Time for the people to demand to hear all sides. Time for people to lose their jobs. If you are fine with what is happening today I think it's time to shake your head. The cure is worse than the cause right now today, and it's only the start. Better hang on for the ride on your life, because it is coming, and not in a good way.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think mainly shade. The angle of the glass on hatchbacks would turn the inside of the car into a sauna without them. You don't see them anymore on new cars, however. My '70 Mustang Mach 1 had it.
Correct except I've seen newer mustangs with them. '70 Mach 1s were awesome btw.
iu

iu

Reactions: MIGs Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad