OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Hunt for Red October and The Last Crusade.

Such a better actor than many Bonds. Daniel Craig is well rounded too.

Reactions: RemoAZ

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Are there any roller or broomball leagues going on in the East Valley? I need some social interaction and I want to start playing again.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
There is a place out in Queen Creek that has had roller, recently anyway.

https://barneyindoorsports.com/adult-roller-hockey

Yes, despite having a great surface for inline hockey, they have hockey only on Fridays, and it looks like four teams. I've played pickup there a couple times, but the level was too high for me. Unfortunately, the only alternative for inline in the Valley is in Peoria, where I play in old-guy leagues twice a week. They have a packed schedule of games every day of the week, since they're the only show in town.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I got a green card a year and a half or two years ago maybe. I went to the weed store 3-4 times to find something I would actually enjoy. I never did. Every time I tried it, I felt more uncomfortable than I did without it. My number one feeling with weed is discomfort. It’s not for me. Bourbon always works better, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigJCaRoach and KG

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Boring, as in spending every day with the same evolutionary inherited perception of reality? To each their own and never thought I would say this but wish my state was as progressive as Arizona.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
My number one feeling with weed is discomfort. It’s not for me. Bourbon always works better, anyway.
That's not uncommon at all, especially with edibles, which have different effects. I enjoy cannabis and had a card since day one, but I dislike edibles. The effects last way too long and are far too heavy. Pot is not as popular as one would think based on how quickly legalization is occurring. Pass someone a joint and most respond with "no thanks, that sh1t freaks me out".

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
That's not uncommon at all, especially with edibles, which have different effects. I enjoy cannabis and had a card since day one, but I dislike edibles. The effects last way too long and are far too heavy. Pot is not as popular as one would think based on how quickly legalization is occurring. Pass someone a joint and most respond with "no thanks, that sh1t freaks me out".

Edibles f*** me up. The last time I did them, time started moving in reverse.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Edibles f*** me up. The last time I did them, time started moving in reverse.
The cannabinoids from edibles reach the liver first and get converted into an entirely different cannabinoid compared to vaping/smoking flower. The high is completely different too. Since the effects can take an hour to hit, dosing is very difficult. The recreational market is not ready for edibles, which is why you hear stories of dummies ending up in the ER. Dosing precautions will be a high priority.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The cannabinoids from edibles reach the liver first and get converted into an entirely different cannabinoid compared to vaping/smoking flower. The high is completely different too. Since the effects can take an hour to hit, dosing is very difficult. The recreational market is not ready for edibles, which is why you hear stories of dummies ending up in the ER. Dosing precautions will be a high priority.
I had breath mints that were 1mg THC and 1mg CBD per. lol. I think I just don't process right. I also had a vaporizer (figured the smoke and coughing was part of my discomfort) and I would put in it some really weak, heavy cbd flower like 1:1 cbd to thc and then mix that 50/50 with a 100% cbd flower (no thc). Only time I could get comfortable with it is if I already had a some bourbon, or if the situation was perfect for it. In either case, I'd have been just as good without it. lol. Had people tell me the thc was too low and that was causing discomfort. That's about when I gave up. Like there was some wall I'd have to break through to get to the enjoyment bit. Did seem worth it. Not when god gave us Wild Turkey 101. Drink a little, feel it a little. Drink a lot, feel it a lot. Always the same, always consistent.

Reactions: Jagged Ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad