OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I manage an auto maintenance/repair/tire shop in Surprise. I can have my guys look at it if you need help/want to drive out there.

Appreciate it. I'm taking it to the service center at the dealership. I was in a car accident, and the service guy recognized me when I pulled up with a new car. Don't think he'd do me wrong.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Taylor Hall is a fan.... :naughty:

I really think Garland could become more important to the franchise than Keller. He just needs to avoid getting beat down too much, which is problematic because his grittiness is part of why he is a special player. He, unlike so many of our younger prospects, has actually had incremental progress in his game and stats since starting in Tucson. I don't see him stagnanting and playing with a guy like Hall for a couple years could really turn him into a mini Machard.

Reactions: rt

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really think Garland could become more important to the franchise than Keller. He just needs to avoid getting beat down too much, which is problematic because his grittiness is part of why he is a special player. He, unlike so many of our younger prospects, has actually had incremental progress in his game and stats since starting in Tucson. I don't see him stagnanting and playing with a guy like Hall for a couple years could really turn him into a mini Machard.
Man I REALLY want to keep Hall. I’m going to be unbelievably upset when he signs elsewhere. It’s going to feel like the 2015 draft lottery all over again.

rt

May 13, 2004
It's still "if", not when.
“If” he signs elsewhere, it’s going to be extremely hard for me not to just abandon the Coyotes and become a fan of that team. Especially if it’s Calgary. If they sign Hall, and somehow also trade for Domi and/Yandle, it’s game over for the Coyotes. I’m gone.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
“If” he signs elsewhere, it’s going to be extremely hard for me not to just abandon the Coyotes and become a fan of that team. Especially if it’s Calgary. If they sign Hall, and somehow also trade for Domi and/Yandle, it’s game over for the Coyotes. I’m gone.
Gotta admit that'd be enough to give me the wandering eye too!

rt

May 13, 2004
Gotta admit that'd be enough to give me the wandering eye too!
I really like Brad Treliving. I love Don Maloney. I like Ward a lot. I have a ton of respect for Giordano. They have the meanest roster in the NHL, but it also doesn’t lack skill. And their uniforms are among the best in the league. I would say they’re my “2nd favorite” but they can’t be. There are just too many pricks on the roster that you hate to have your team play against. Which makes me wish the Coyotes were them instead of us, all the more.

rt

May 13, 2004
The new Bronco is going to sell like crazy. Don't expect any discount pricing.
It certainly LOOKS very cool. But I find it very off-putting that you have to go up. Like six trim levels and get nearly $50kay MSRP to get a f***ing V6 engine. LOL. In a damn FORD. Honestly that’s appalling. The bullshit stripped down base trim model should be the only one in the range with the four-banger.

Who wants a big ad Bronco with all that heavy duty 4x equipment tacked on with a four-banger?

To me, it’s absolutely not a Bronco until you hit that $49k trim level and get the V6. Before that, it’s a glorified Jeep Liberty.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've been saying that to myself for years, over on and off the ice issues, but...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It certainly LOOKS very cool. But I find it very off-putting that you have to go up. Like six trim levels and get nearly $50kay MSRP to get a f***ing V6 engine. LOL. In a damn FORD. Honestly that’s appalling. The bullshit stripped down base trim model should be the only one in the range with the four-banger.

Who wants a big ad Bronco with all that heavy duty 4x equipment tacked on with a four-banger?

To me, it’s absolutely not a Bronco until you hit that $49k trim level and get the V6. Before that, it’s a glorified Jeep Liberty.
The truth is less than 2 out of 100 will ever take their Bronco off road. Only the 2% need the pulling power or the torque of a V 6. My big Mazda SUV never goes off road. It has a turbocharged 4 giving 250 HP and 350 ft/lbs of torque. It hustles along just fine without the extra 2 cylinders. If you're looking for visceral pleasure, a V6 won't do it. Try the silkiness of a straight 6 or throm throm throm of a V8.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

I think the base version looks very attractive. Turbocharged 4cyl with 270 HP and 310 lb-ft of torque and 4WD. Only the 4cyl can be had with the 7-speed manual (includes crawler gear).

As @Bonsai Tree said, most people will never take it off-road, but I think if you want to get in the game without spending $50k+ the base model will do it, and considering aftermarket accessories will be plentiful to upgrade wheels and other goodies over time.

Also, consider that OJ's 1993 V8 Bronco only put out 185 HP.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
There is more than ample power with the new Bronco. Both engines are turbo charged and the gearing is what will allow for off road performance, where torque rules! Speaking of torque the curves are flat on these engines, therefore torque doesn't fluctuate with RPM changes like it would it would without the turbo charged high pressure injection system of the Ford Eco Boost.

Edit: As much as I'd like to see the 5.0L available, Ford did everything right on this vehicle. It's going to be extremely capable off road and should put quite the dent in Jeep's dominance in the segment.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Alright cable cutters

when the sports leagues closed down, we cancelled our live service with Hulu. Now that sports looks to be coming back, with a ton of NHL games being played, what will be the best subscription to sign up for?

I’m guessing the games will mostly be on NBCSN and NHL network. I doubt fox sports gets any of the games. Which will be the best bet to get Fox sports, FS+, NBSCN and NHL network?

we had Hulu but it didn’t have NHL network

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Alright cable cutters

when the sports leagues closed down, we cancelled our live service with Hulu. Now that sports looks to be coming back, with a ton of NHL games being played, what will be the best subscription to sign up for?

I’m guessing the games will mostly be on NBCSN and NHL network. I doubt fox sports gets any of the games. Which will be the best bet to get Fox sports, FS+, NBSCN and NHL network?

If all else fails I think you can sign up for NHL Gamecenter/Center Ice/Whatever they call it now, but you would need a VPN as because everything is going to be on a national network, all of it will be blacked out. I have no idea what the rate is now, but they drop the price at some point in the season and I think they advertise a cheaper playoff package. I don't have to worry about blackouts since I live overseas.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Anyone watch Greyhound yet? Worth springing for Apple TV+?

It was pretty good if you like WWII movies. Pretty cool sea battle scenes. I don't pay for any TV though so I can't say if it's worth a subscription. I download/stream all the shows, movies and sports I want to watch for free over the internet. The Morning Show was really good too. That's an Apple one.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The new Bronco is going to sell like crazy. Don't expect any discount pricing.
I wouldn't expect discounts on any model debut unless it's like a Sentra or something. It's the same old song and dance, hot new car comes out, hardly any stock anywhere, all models are fully loaded, the first 6 months worth of cars will have issues, people will lose their minds about dealer price gouging, getting it at MSRP is sudenly "a deal", "desert protection" style packages will be baked in and if you don't like it, one of the other 30 people on the wait list will, rinse repeat for about a year or two and then by the third year you will be able to get the vehicle for around invoice in the color you want, the options you want and you'll get it that day.

Source: One of the first G35 Coupe's in the valley and one of the first Hellcats in the valley.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
You can't make this up. The granddaughter of one of designers on the original Bronco did clay modeling work on the new one. The grandfather passed away the day Ford introduced the new model.

Video: Ford announces return of the Bronco

Can't make this up part deux.

The original reveal date was July 9th. Moved to avoid overshadowing OJ Simpson's 73rd birthday party.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No you won't.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Alright cable cutters

Bumping this, as I've been toying with cutting cable for a while now. I saw that the 1st AZ game with be on FSAZ and then the following two on FSAZ+. What streaming services support this? Is it really that much cheaper at this point? We really only watch HBO, football/hockey and the occasional AMC show.

EDIT: Answered m own questions. Now is 20mb internet enough to stream live TV well? We have no problem streaming Netflix/Etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad