OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
On the note of FSAZ and such... Saw on the Yote's website that they will also be showing the exhibition game against Vegas on the 30th at 7pm on FSAZ Plus.

So... I'm definitely excited with the earlier chance to watch some hockey action.

Reactions: RemoAZ and SniperHF

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Bumping this, as I've been toying with cutting cable for a while now. I saw that the 1st AZ game with be on FSAZ and then the following two on FSAZ+. What streaming services support this? Is it really that much cheaper at this point? We really only watch HBO, football/hockey and the occasional AMC show.

EDIT: Answered m own questions. Now is 20mb internet enough to stream live TV well? We have no problem streaming Netflix/Etc

So here is what I gathered.

Hulu Live is the best option for Fox Sports/Plus - NBCSN. Does not include NHL network.

Sling doesn't seem to include Fox Sports Plus.

YouTube does seem to have Fox Sports Plus. Does not include NHL Network.

Now to get NHL Network, it seems like you need to go with Cable or Sling TV. Sling doesn't carry Fox Sports Plus, and I think we have maybe one game on NHL network a year? So make that one game a year the game you go out to the restaurant with the boys. haha

We will be resubscribing with Hulu Live. It worked best for us last time. I switched from YouTube because one time during a game they started airing Motocross on Fox Sports Plus instead of the game. Maybe it was a simple mistake but Hulu has never given us an issue,

As for your internet speeds, I don't know. If all you do is stream services and don't have a million devices in your house, 20mb should be fine. We have Gigabit internet but everything down to the dish washer is connected to wifi. haha

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
20mb should be fine

You don't even REALLY need that much for 720p or even 1080p but in practice you will since you probably aren't getting 20 all the time.

Make sure you aren't running an old 802.11g or even an original 802.11n router, a lot of those still floating around and their range/signal quality is garbage. A low end 802.11ac router is not too expensive and well worth it.

Also another common misconception, but the 5ghz network is not always better than the 2.4ghz. 2.4 is much more resistant to noise and has a longer range so if your home is a tricky layout try the 2.4.

Also keep in mind that the "live" streams are generally crappier in general. FSGO f***s up on the reg, at least twice during a game in my experience. And it's most likely nothing to do with your set up. So if your live stream service cuts out more than your netflix it's probably not bandwidth but the service being shittier from the streamers.

EDIT: Just noticed I typed generally crappier in general, oh well leaving it it's funny :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimes and Mosby

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
So here is what I gathered.

Hulu Live is the best option for Fox Sports/Plus - NBCSN. Does not include NHL network.

Sling doesn't seem to include Fox Sports Plus.

YouTube does seem to have Fox Sports Plus. Does not include NHL Network...

I have YouTube TV, and it has Fox Sports Plus, but no NHL Network.

Not really thrilled about YouTube TV's rapidly increasing monthly rate for what are effectively the same channels for me.

upload_2020-7-17_17-21-44.png

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Stepped out front, we have a giant group of tiny crickets setting up camp right outside the door. I have to be careful stepping outside now so that they don't hop in through the open door. Not a fan.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Finally watched the Disney+ version of Hamilton. I had seen it on stage before so nothing new, really. Good production, but the audience reactions were a bit minimal for it being supposedly an "authorized recording of a live performance." With a well-established work like Hamilton, the audience reactions enhance the viewing experience quite a bit.

It was an important experience to me though because my husband is not exactly musically fluent and he can recognize the motifs in the musical, even though they happen in every musical I know of.

Also @rt if the main thing you hate about musicals is, to paraphrase because I don't want to scroll back and quote you directly, "the shit-eating grins of drama kids as they dance around" even though the performances of the leads are fine, I don't think you'll like it. I can totally understand your criticism of musicals though, because I get that criticism and somewhat agree. For me it's not a deal breaker, though. Listen to the soundtrack though. You might like it. I can't make any guarantees, but if "drama kids" are the deal-breaker for appreciating the whole production, then perhaps you can appreciate the soundtrack. Some context will be lost by it being audio only, of course. I feel like it stands for itself well enough and is enhanced on stage, but that's just my opinion.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I have YouTube TV, and it has Fox Sports Plus, but no NHL Network.

Not really thrilled about YouTube TV's rapidly increasing monthly rate for what are effectively the same channels for me.

View attachment 354349
I was all set to cancel it until they announced the dates of the playoff. It turns out that if there are no sports, I don't need "cable" TV at all!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Stepped out front, we have a giant group of tiny crickets setting up camp right outside the door. I have to be careful stepping outside now so that they don't hop in through the open door. Not a fan.
Get a cat. Hours of fun. (Bonus: crickets attract scorpions. Cats will take care of those, too, given the chance)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Finally watched the Disney+ version of Hamilton. I had seen it on stage before so nothing new, really. Good production, but the audience reactions were a bit minimal for it being supposedly an "authorized recording of a live performance." With a well-established work like Hamilton, the audience reactions enhance the viewing experience quite a bit.

It was an important experience to me though because my husband is not exactly musically fluent and he can recognize the motifs in the musical, even though they happen in every musical I know of.

Also @rt if the main thing you hate about musicals is, to paraphrase because I don't want to scroll back and quote you directly, "the shit-eating grins of drama kids as they dance around" even though the performances of the leads are fine, I don't think you'll like it. I can totally understand your criticism of musicals though, because I get that criticism and somewhat agree. For me it's not a deal breaker, though. Listen to the soundtrack though. You might like it. I can't make any guarantees, but if "drama kids" are the deal-breaker for appreciating the whole production, then perhaps you can appreciate the soundtrack. Some context will be lost by it being audio only, of course. I feel like it stands for itself well enough and is enhanced on stage, but that's just my opinion.

Don't mean to be naive, but crowd reactions in what regard? I mean obviously after the songs I'd expect the audience to react. But until they finish their number, I'm one of those to hold back as much as I can while in attendance. I don't think I would have been able to hold back my laughter during Jonathan Groffs performance as King George, but I try to respect the performers focus while on the stage.

Was this all recorded in the same show, or was it a mix of multiple different shows? I was under the impression that they pulled it from multiple shows(albeit with the same cast obviously).

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Don't mean to be naive, but crowd reactions in what regard? I mean obviously after the songs I'd expect the audience to react. But until they finish their number, I'm one of those to hold back as much as I can while in attendance. I don't think I would have been able to hold back my laughter during Jonathan Groffs performance as King George, but I try to respect the performers focus while on the stage.

Was this all recorded in the same show, or was it a mix of multiple different shows? I was under the impression that they pulled it from multiple shows(albeit with the same cast obviously).
It's pulled from 3 consecutive nights. I thought it was quite good, sometimes a little hard to process all the words as they come in, so a listen to the soundtrack with lyrics is due in the future. I don't have high hopes for it to make it overseas aside from London anytime soon, so it was good to see this considering it has been out 5 years already. It took longer than for Book of Mormon to get here.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Yes six. Four were orphans not even a week old. The other two were part of a litter that showed up outside my door with their mother.

Actually had 13 at one point. Outside mom had two additional litters. Three didn’t survive long and the others we found homes for.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Just wait... The perfect storm is brewing. Might want to take a hard look at precious metals and other commodities.

The Fed Is Going To Buy Stocks

I have most of my money outside my 401k in gold miners and marijuana. Went in hard after the corona market crash. Looking good so far. Hard part is knowing when to take profits. Don't want to be greedy like Cuban says but don't want to leave lots of profit on the table either.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Timing the market is a dangerous game, I wouldn't do it unless it's fun money so to speak, definitely not with retirement money.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The Kraken is such a sweet name. I think I found my second team, totally going to become a Krakhead.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
When though? With all the bad news we've been getting the past 4 months, the market stayed up. I'm down to put my 401k more in a fixed rate setup instead of more stock, but how can you tell when to adjust?

Fixed rates suck right now. Stay in stocks. Dollar cost average as you continue to contribute and you'll be fine int he long term. I'm assuming you are not close to retiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad