OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
They make em so they plug right into the wall outlet. No wiring necessary. Might be one way to get out of the doghouse with the roomie. Pick up a couple via Lowe’s curbside and install them.

I'll have to do that. We had a heart to heart. We are good friends. I still feel terrible about it. I mean I compromised his investment, our lives, etc. It was a major f*** up.

Reactions: Sinurgy

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Speaking of shutting things off....Under the heading of "you learn something new every day", today I learned, while looking up in the instruction manual how to properly clean burned residue on a black glass stovetop, that my range has something called "sabbath mode". Presumably to disable a modern range's safety auto-shutoff feature to comply with Jewish rules like "turning a stove on or off is considered work and thus prohibited on certain days". Never knew.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Speaking of shutting things off....Under the heading of "you learn something new every day", today I learned, while looking up in the instruction manual how to properly clean burned residue on a black glass stovetop, that my range has something called "sabbath mode". Presumably to disable a modern range's safety auto-shutoff feature to comply with Jewish rules like "turning a stove on or off is considered work and thus prohibited on certain days". Never knew.
That's a thing? Heating precooked food is allowed by most halakha. I've never heard a halakha that allows cooking on shabbat. Never knew there existed a secret mode!
I personally know many people who won't turn on the lights on Shabbat. It's either on or off the whole day. There are synagogues who hire gentiles to get their facilities ready, too, which also seems like cheating.
There are a substantial number of minutia and circumstances which have various rules that seem completely arbitrary.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, they hire a shabbat goy to clean, turn on lights, etc so no one (of them) needs to violate sabbath laws. Again, sounds like cheating to me...

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Over/under on Ghislane Maxwell's life span?

Not before she comes out and says "oh it was just Epstein and me, Wexler had nothing to do with it, the intelligence agencies connection is just a false rumor, Bill and Donald were not involved and their plane records were incorrect, and oh yeah Epstein told me he was going to kill himself."

Reactions: _Del_ and Sinurgy

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

That's a thing? Heating precooked food is allowed by most halakha. I've never heard a halakha that allows cooking on shabbat. Never knew there existed a secret mode!
I personally know many people who won't turn on the lights on Shabbat. It's either on or off the whole day. There are synagogues who hire gentiles to get their facilities ready, too, which also seems like cheating.
There are a substantial number of minutia and circumstances which have various rules that seem completely arbitrary.

It blows my mind that this is a thing in the year 2020! I recently watched a Netflix series, Unorthodox (highly recommend), and while I found it extremely interesting I also found it baffling that people live that life. I mean don't get me wrong, if you're not hurting anyone else, to each their own. I just find it extraordinary is all.

I wish I could go visit one of those jungle tribes that have had no contact with modern man and talk to them. That would be absolutely fascinating, assuming I had some sort of can't be murdered guarantee anyway. lol

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I wish I could go visit one of those jungle tribes that have had no contact with modern man and talk to them. That would be absolutely fascinating, assuming I had some sort of can't be murdered guarantee anyway. lol

Haha, I have a recommendation for you. Google "Yanomamo". My roommate freshman year of college (yes, it's been a while) had to read a book about them (a South American jungle tribe) for his sociology class, and I actually read it for the hell of it.. That I still remember without googling it after this long says something.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Haha, I have a recommendation for you. Google "Yanomamo". My roommate freshman year of college (yes, it's been a while) had to read a book about them (a South American jungle tribe) for his sociology class, and I actually read it for the hell of it.. That I still remember without googling it after this long says something.
I did and that was quite interesting but it seems they are extremely contacted (relatively speaking) at this point. BUT it did lead me down a rabbit hole to the Sentinelese people which is extremely interesting. The story of the incredibly naive John Allen Chau was super interesting too. I highly recommend the Uncontacted Peoples wikipedia page which I also found on this random little jaunt.

Reactions: _Del_

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Over/under on Ghislane Maxwell's life span?
They’ve extracted a highly potent strain of Corona from a dead TikTok nurse and they’re going to pump her just absolutely full of COVID while in custody. Giant syringe.

Or perhaps the Holding facility overrun by the “BLM” and she gets killed. They’re chanting “Karen, Karen, Karen” the whole time. So it’s seen as justice.

Joe Biden calls them “super predators” on Zoom from his basement to Rachel Maddow either just before or just after falling asleep into his drool bib.

Also, the lead in the “BLM” rush will be the Jake Paul brothers in Black Face. Justin Trudeau will be there in black face too, but only to “hang out with the staff”. Trump style.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad