OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't care about the environment, but I hate heaters. The air is so gross. I hate the feeling of it. I also love sweaters. Hockey, whiskey and sweaters are like my top three.
Ahead of woman and sex?;)

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Henrik Samuelsson is now playing for Manchester Storm in the highest level of UK hockey. Been a healthy scratch for 3 straight games. Poor guy. And a reminder to not take progression from these young players for granted.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Started watching the Irishman today, then realized it runs 3 hrs 29 minutes. And they say baseball games are too long.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Does anyone know a good financial advisor? It's time I look into this. I'm moving into my buddies house and will have more disposable income, so a good time to plan out my purchase of a house, paying down debt, etc.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Does anyone know a good financial advisor? It's time I look into this. I'm moving into my buddies house and will have more disposable income, so a good time to plan out my purchase of a house, paying down debt, etc.

I do my own financial planning, but realize it's not for everyone.

My biggest recommendation regarding advisors is you want one that is fee only (no commissions). It's not really about which one is cheaper, but fee only financial advisors have a fiduciary responsibility to choose investments that are in your best interest.

Commission-based advisors can be fiduciaries. But they don't have to be. The laws state they must choose products that are suitable, which does not necessarily mean best.

Dave Ramsey endorses and pushes commissioned advisors;. He's getting a cut. Don't listen to him.

If your net worth is modest you probably don't need an advisor. Just read a few books. I would recommend Ramsey's book. Lots of good info outside of the financial advisor piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinurgy

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I do my own financial planning, but realize it's not for everyone.

My biggest recommendation regarding advisors is you want one that is fee only (no commissions). It's not really about which one is cheaper, but fee only financial advisors have a fiduciary responsibility to choose investments that are in your best interest.

Commission-based advisors can be fiduciaries. But they don't have to be. The laws state they must choose products that are suitable, which does not necessarily mean best.

Dave Ramsey endorses and pushes commissioned advisors;. He's getting a cut. Don't listen to him.

If your net worth is modest you probably don't need an advisor. Just read a few books. I would recommend Ramsey's book. Lots of good info outside of the financial advisor piece.

Might have to check out some books. Maybe financial planner is the title I was looking for? I'll have $800 more a month to invest, be it savings, investing, wasting. Figured good idea to get someone to help me analyze where I put it effectively for the future.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Define your goals. Is it to buy a house? Retire early?

The time frame is key when thinking about where to save/invest.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Define your goals. Is it to buy a house? Retire early?

The time frame is key when thinking about where to save/invest.

Buying a house at this time doesn't mean much. I've always thought the market might drop and would pounce on that, but prices just keep rising. My short term goal is to take care of my debt. I just bought a new car, unfortunately in a car accident so paying off a new one. Refinanced the loan, bi weekly payments. Biggest debt load is student loans. My new living situation gives me $800 per month to distribute where I'd like. I'm going to increase my 401k distributions from paychecks, but a nice breakout from debt and savings, long term and short term would be nice.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Buying a house at this time doesn't mean much. I've always thought the market might drop and would pounce on that, but prices just keep rising. My short term goal is to take care of my debt. I just bought a new car, unfortunately in a car accident so paying off a new one. Refinanced the loan, bi weekly payments. Biggest debt load is student loans. My new living situation gives me $800 per month to distribute where I'd like. I'm going to increase my 401k distributions from paychecks, but a nice breakout from debt and savings, long term and short term would be nice.

Dave Ramsey is very opposed to all types of credit. If you follow his advice he'll tell you to stop contributing to your 401k and completely focus on paying off debt. I don't fully embrace all of his teachings, but he makes a good argument as to why debt keeps people from becoming wealthy. Besides his book, he has a podcast and YouTube channel. For many people his advice completely changes their perspective on money.
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.” ― Albert Einstein

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This is one day when I eat whatever I want in whatever quantity I want. :D

The funny thing about all the holiday weight gain stuff is it really mostly is just about the quantity. The average Thanksgiving meal is probably way better for you than mowing down some In-N-Out or something.

Reactions: 0point1

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So, he has been playing with his eyes closed? :) The talent of any NHL player is out of this world. The sport looks so easy, but is so hard.
Every once in awhile you get a pro dropping in to my summer rec league, minor league pros. Yeah even the 4th liners are highly skilled. And the skill level of kids who never go anywhere is off the charts increasing every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad