OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
There's a pre-opening ceremony on Wednesday the 18th. Once the inpection clears the main lanes will open. There will still be some construction through spring of 2020.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Drove over to Chandler on it today, neat ride and rather hassle free. Hope it make some of your Coyote nights easier.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Drove on the 202 eastbound yesterday for s and g's. It's great; but will be weird with no one on it but Yotes fans 10-1030pm on weeknights, at first anyways :laugh:

It was a little surreal, though, mostly in a "wow I'm old" sort of way, having lived near Desert Foothills Pkwy/Pecos in the late 90s...and knowing how loooong this was in coming, and now it's here.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How long before the navigation apps start directing "passing through" traffic to the 202? Distance looks about the same as taking I10 but should be less congested.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
The news cast this morning didn't even have the freeway up in their detail when they did traffic. Slackers behind all of this information the lot of them!

Reactions: MIG

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The news cast this morning didn't even have the freeway up in their detail when they did traffic. Slackers behind all of this information the lot of them!

MapQuest and Google Maps both show the road existing, but when asking for directions neither app provides the 202 as an option.

Reactions: rt and Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm not political so don't attack but I watch the local Fox morning show and they have been talking about it for a week and actually drive it this morning. I find them the best local news show.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I'm not political so don't attack but I watch the local Fox morning show and they have been talking about it for a week and actually drive it this morning. I find them the best local news show.

If you watched them you probably saw the police action going on in Avondale. That’s happening not 1/4 mile west of my house. Police choppers have been buzzing overhead since last night. Unmarked cars have been cruising my community as well.

I didn’t do it though. :D

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If you watched them you probably saw the police action going on in Avondale. That’s happening not 1/4 mile west of my house. Police choppers have been buzzing overhead since last night. Unmarked cars have been cruising my community as well.

I didn’t do it though. :D
It's my first year with local news, many days I kinda wish I didn't have it as in the last week there was the Wal-Mart gun guy, shooting on the 303 and today. All are closer to my place than I want to see on the news!!!!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It's my first year with local news, many days I kinda wish I didn't have it as in the last week there was the Wal-Mart gun guy, shooting on the 303 and today. All are closer to my place than I want to see on the news!!!!

Mine was the Walmart guy. The area he’s in is a county island that has a reputation for housing a lot of tweekers. Avondale PD has a satellite station right in the middle of it but it hasn’t deterred too much. The CircleK up along MC85 gets hit frequently.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Mine was the Walmart guy. The area he’s in is a county island that has a reputation for housing a lot of tweekers. Avondale PD has a satellite station right in the middle of it but it hasn’t deterred too much. The CircleK up along MC85 gets hit frequently.
I am in Estrella so those 3 incidents are on my route out or easy shopping areas.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Used to go to that Walmart. Daughter worked at the Staples and we’d end up just going out to that one. Usually it’s one of the cleaner ones.
We have noticed an increase in the "roughness" factor of this area every winter when we return. I used to feel very comfortable in that Wal-Mart but now find myself going to Target more.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

No I meant like didnt have traffic info for it yet. I mean I get the data from somewhere else, curious when they will all get that going(google doesnt have it yet). I am sure if I were to go to westgate from here I could hop on the 202 but maps doesnt show that option yet.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
No I meant like didnt have traffic info for it yet. I mean I get the data from somewhere else, curious when they will all get that going(google doesnt have it yet). I am sure if I were to go to westgate from here I could hop on the 202 but maps doesnt show that option yet.

Waze map data is updated by thousands of volunteers. Their app should reflect the new route rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad