Pittsburgh
From the NHL 16 Be A GM mode preview video:

Lx5W6U1.png

Poor Kapanen. :(

:laugh:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I traded Scuderi to the Sharks for a first round pick in EHM, which ended up being the #4. Think I traded Sutter for Chris Tierny.

Kapanen is the league's leading goal scorer in 2017.

I didn't yet get the roster update with Kessel. I'll wait till it has Bonino/Fehr.

Team First

Jul 18, 2010
Phil fan. Leaf fan. Sid fan. Personally, I want Phil to do well. You are not going to believe how quick he is, and you will love his goals. Bad management has been the root of the Leafs loooooong enduring issues, not Phil. I could write a ton, but let's leave it at this, a lot of stat watchers are rooting for the Pens now. Time will tell, but no one will win or lose this trade. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Have a good season !

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
How many points will Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel get combined this season? I'm betting 240.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I traded Scuderi to the Sharks for a first round pick in EHM, which ended up being the #4. Think I traded Sutter for Chris Tierny.

Kapanen is the league's leading goal scorer in 2017.

I didn't yet get the roster update with Kessel. I'll wait till it has Bonino/Fehr.

You did better than me, I traded Kunitz and Scuderi to the Jets for Ladd and a 2nd.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
How many points will Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel get combined this season? I'm betting 240.

That's it?

That would be 90 for Sid, 90 for Geno, and 60 for Kessel. That seems a little light.

I'm going with 260. 100 for whichever of Sid and Geno plays with Kessel, 90 for the other, and 70 for Kessel. I think it could be higher, but with scoring as it is, that seems reasonable.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
call me a dreamer but i go into every season assuming this is the year Crosby and Malkin both break 100 points. if it's ever gonna happen it's gonna be this year

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005

Meh. The Penguins record is 380 points, from the Stevens-Lemieux-Tocchet line. And that was with Mario missing 24 games and Stevens missing 12. Of course it was also in a season where the league had twenty-one 100 point scorers. :D

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Meh. The Penguins record is 380 points, from the Stevens-Lemieux-Tocchet line. And that was with Mario missing 24 games and Stevens missing 12. Of course it was also in a season where the league had twenty-one 100 point scorers. :D

I'm being very optimistic. But I'm hoping the NHL will call more PPs this season, which should open up the ice a bit. If so, 300 points should be very attainable for those 3.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
call me a dreamer but i go into every season assuming this is the year Crosby and Malkin both break 100 points. if it's ever gonna happen it's gonna be this year

Like in 2009?

Geno got 113, Sid got 103.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Nah, 100-point seasons aren't gone. Last year was a perfect storm of ****, where Sid and Geno both missed time due to injury, we had colossal underachieving from nearly everyone on the roster, and our PP was horrid. :laugh:

If they'd both played even close to the 82 games and our PP wasn't dead last in the NHL for like 4 months, they'd both have hit 100 pretty easily. Now they don't have guys like Kunitz's corpse (hopefully), or Comeau on their wings.

I'm pretty confident that they'll both hit 100, and Kessel will hover around 80-90.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
You did better than me, I traded Kunitz and Scuderi to the Jets for Ladd and a 2nd.
I got Cedric Paquette and a first for Ben Lovejoy.

Then after Paquette began sucking two seasons later, I traded him for Axel Holmstrom.

I only got a third round pick for Scuderi. But got Justin Fontaine for Jayson Megna.

Kunitz was pretty good for me, but I ran into roster and cap issues and had to move him one summer. Then a freaking week later, Dupuis suddenly up and retired, which would have solved everything had I known he was going to do that. I at least got a pretty good prospect out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad