The almost 3/4 of the season Hart talk.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
it is artemi panarin AND IT ISNT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. among the players mentioned in this thread, Panarin has at least a .1 goals for impact per 60 AND at least a .1 xGA/60 impact lead on ALL OF THEM. that is ABSURD. his combined Goals For and Expected Goals Against per 60 impact is on pace to be the second best in the data era (07-08 onward, behind only 2018-19 Sidney Crosby).
upload_2020-2-14_9-21-0.png

if you dont think it should go to Panarin you are absolutely incorrect.

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
it is artemi panarin AND IT ISNT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. among the players mentioned in this thread, Panarin has at least a .1 goals for impact per 60 AND at least a .1 xGA/60 impact lead on ALL OF THEM. that is ABSURD. his combined Goals For and Expected Goals Against per 60 impact is on pace to be the second best in the data era (07-08 onward, behind only 2018-19 Sidney Crosby).
View attachment 320609
Mikko Rantanen is a better player than Brayden Point

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If we're talking about who really deserves it and who is really the most VALUABLE player to his team, how can it not be Eichel? There's a huge spread between him and the 2nd best player on his team.
I always found that making the playoffs being a mandatory criteria was bogus.

If it's truly about who his most valuable to his team, it would be Eichel or Panarin if it was up to me. This is coming from an Oiler fan whose team has 2 guys in the running for the award.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yup, and i’m sure they take into considering the tougher competition he faces

If McDavid can’t win it despite leading the league in scoring, 38 more points than his next closest teammate (60 more than 3rd) because his team didn’t make the playoffs then what exactly makes you think Panarin is going to win this season?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
View attachment 320609

These the same stats that told you Kase is a top 5 player in the NHL? Maybe stop looking at spreadsheets and catch a hockey game once in a while

Reactions: El Travo and Coffey

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Panarin-Strome-Fast has been our 2nd line since the end of October. What part of this is confusing?

I am not sure how you are so confused. I will break it down slower for you. Just because of Panarin skates on the second line, that does not mean all his points come when he is skating with Strome and Fast. Does that make sense?? There are other players on the rangers like Zib, Kreider, DeAngelo, and others who he can skate with and get points with, even 5 on 5. If you look at all his points you will see that. I hope that makes sense to you. I will admit I didn't go through every one of his goals and assists so my 70+% could be off so I apologize. But my point makes sense.

So the argument that "he skates with fast" so he's better shouldn't be the argument on why he should win the heart. Or "the others play with "Stars". 13 of draisaitl's last 15 points came without Mcdavid on the scoresheet for the goal.

And I say Panerin and draisaitl are very close at 2. Its not like im saying Panerin isnt top 5 or anything like that. He is great and having an amazing year. Literally not taking a single thing away from him.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
2 points and 4 games in hand if the Ranger's were in the weak west.

Take away loser points and the east has the 3 worst teams in the NHL by a wide margin.
Pretty easy to accumulate points when you play Detroit 5 times a year, a team who might not win 20 games in the season

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Take away loser points and the east has the 3 worst teams in the NHL by a wide margin.
Pretty easy to accumulate points when you play Detroit 5 times a year, a team who might not win 20 games in the season

Putting the rediculous spin on loser points aside, the top four teams play in the East. Pretty hard to accumulate points when you play those teams.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Putting the rediculous spin on loser points aside, the top four teams play in the East. Pretty hard to accumulate points when you play those teams.

St. Louis, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, Nashville, Chicago, Vancouver and Calgary all have winning records against the East. A good chunk of east teams have winning records against the West as well but the prevailing theme seems to be being able to beat up on the weak teams in the east far more.

Detroit hasn't won a single game against a Metro team. They are 0-17 against the Metro. That's 34 free points for the metro division. There isnt a single team that has given up that many points to a division anywhere else in the league.

Reactions: Seachd

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
St. Louis, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, Nashville, Chicago, Vancouver and Calgary all have winning records against the East. A good chunk of east teams have winning records against the West as well but the prevailing theme seems to be being able to beat up on the weak teams in the east far more.

Detroit hasn't won a single game against a Metro team. They are 0-17 against the Metro. That's 34 free points for the metro division. There isnt a single team that has given up that many points to a division anywhere else in the league.

Free points? Maybe the Metro is just that good.

Doesn't matter anyways. Panarin is not winning the Hart.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
MacK seems like the obvious choice right now. Draisaitl probably the runner up depending on how things go without McDavid. Pasta has a good chance of 3rd at the moment, but I wouldn't rule out Matthews or Kucherov, or even McDavid if he doesn't end up missing much time.

I think Eichel and Panarin are the best choices for top 3 but their teams are out of the playoffs so...........

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

You do know that 25 teams have winning records right? You have listed eight of 15 teams when it should be closer to 11 or 12.

Congrats to West for having a below average record against the East.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I could see any of Draisatl, MacKinnon or Pastrnak winning.

Depends on what Draisatl does while McDavid misses time. Can't see McD getting the nod over him now.
If Pastrnak wins The Rocket while finishing right up there in the Art Ross race then it's hard to ignore. That's really rare.
MacKinnon is amazing and have no argument against him winning.

I'm not a big fan of the linemate/teammate arguments. or when people bring out the 'valuable to your team' trope. Gretzky, Orr, Lafleur, Trottier, Clarke, Esposito, Lemieux, Jagr, Sakic, Forsberg, Messier, Fedorov, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Sedin, etc. all played on stacked teams. Lafleur had 10 HHOFers on his team. Gretzky had Messier, Kurri, Coffey, etc. Espo and Orr had each other. Sakic and Forsberg. Crosby and Malkin.

Peter Statsny single-handedly carried the Nordiques for years while playing with guys whom shouldn't have been in the NHL. Would you respect the Hart if he won three years in a row instead of Gretzky. Bernie Federko carried The Blues. Sittler. Perrault. Kent Nilsson. The list goes on. It would completely devalue the award.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
MacK, not really close at the moment. Still don't understand how people can say McDavid and Draisaitl. If you can't separate the 2 then neither is the MVP. If sabres or NYR somehow make the playoffs then Eichel and Panarin would be legit winners too. Everyone else (Kucherov, Matthews, etc) is battling for the nomination, not the win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad