The almost 3/4 of the season Hart talk.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Anyone other than Mac at this point? Clearly driving the Avs bus from Day 1 and still going strong while Rantanen hasn't returned to his level of production from last year.

Can see Drai making a run if the Oilers stay in their current position while McDavid is out.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
MacK seems like the obvious choice right now. Draisaitl probably the runner up depending on how things go without McDavid. Pasta has a good chance of 3rd at the moment, but I wouldn't rule out Matthews or Kucherov, or even McDavid if he doesn't end up missing much time.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Dont think Pasta will finish top 3.

Draisatl
MacKinnon
Eichel
Panarin

Could see any of them finish top 1. Eichel is a sad story so he might not, but he is the definition of 1v9 player for his team.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Panarin.

All these other players have star players helping them, who does Panarin have...Jesper Fast?

2nd leading scorer on the Avs has 43 points

2nd leading scorer on the Rangers has 50 points

Doesn't take away from the great season Panarin is having though.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
2nd leading scorer on the Avs has 43 points

2nd leading scorer on the Rangers has 50 points

Doesn't take away from the great season Panarin is having though.
Avs 4th most goals in the NHL, 4 goals away from 1st. Nice powerhouse offense they got going on there.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Avs 4th most goals in the NHL, 4 goals away from 1st. Nice powerhouse offense they got going on there.

Mack is obviously driving the bus. And he is a proven commodity.

Again, straight up, they both are having great seasons. Don't necessarily buy the "better team" argument in valuing a player's production.

Rightly or wrongly, the Hart does consider playoffs.

I am going to start a Lindsay thread, I am sure Panarin gets mentioned there.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Honestly, any choice between MacK, Drai and McJesus is not a wrong choice. Any of them are worthy and all three have been incredible this season.

If I had MY vote, MacK by a nose.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Dont think Pasta will finish top 3.

Draisatl
MacKinnon
Eichel
Panarin

Could see any of them finish top 1. Eichel is a sad story so he might not, but he is the definition of 1v9 player for his team.

I can't see Panarin or Eichel getting that much love from Hart voters with their teams being where they are in the standings. Their teams would have to go on a tear down the stretch and squeeze into the playoffs for it to happen. The sad thing for Buffalo is, even with the obviously flawed roster we have, they're probably still right in the thick of things if you replace Carter Hutton with average goaltending. But alas.

If voting were held today, I think the top 4 would be MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Draisaitl, and McDavid in some order.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Panarin.

All these other players have star players helping them, who does Panarin have...Jesper Fast?

And yea Panarin skates with fast but out of those 76 points how many has Kreider or zib attached to it, or pp? 70+%? Tough argument to make when most of his points aren’t with just fast and strome

mack hasn’t been skating with Rantanen or landy for much of the season

draisatl not been skating with Mcd

Eichel obviously not skating with stars

1-MacKinnon
2-Draisatl / panerin
4-Eichel

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
And yea Panarin skates with fast but out of those 76 points how many has Kreider or zib attached to it, or pp? 70+%? Tough argument to make when most of his points aren’t with just fast and strome

mack hasn’t been skating with Rantanen or landy for much of the season

draisatl not been skating with Mcd

Eichel obviously not skating with stars

1-MacKinnon
2-Draisatl / panerin
4-Eichel
Where did you get that from? Panarin leads the league in 5v5 points, and he’s been playing with Strome and Fast for literally 83% of the season.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Where did you get that from? Panarin leads the league in 5v5 points, and he’s been playing with Strome and Fast for literally 83% of the season.

Does 5v5 points mean Fast is on the ice with him?? Oh, yea you are right. His 24 points make a lot more sense now. Good Call.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad