The almost 3/4 of the season Hart talk.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Without Ovi the caps don't make the playoffs and likely Boston misses without Pasta. Let me guess I should have put in Drai , is that your opinion? I would never vote for someone who rides shotgun to McDavid.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Avs fans conveniently ignoring Makar exists in this thread.

While Q. Hughes is the superior rookie, Makar is still a great D
Good thing this is a Hart thread and not a Calder one..................................................................................btw Makar>Hughes

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Drai is in the driver’s seat at the moment. He’s leading the league in points, he was proving to people that he was not just a sidekick before McDavid went down and if he can at least keep that awful team treading water until McDavid’s return and of course if they end up making the playoffs.

Narrative matters for this award and I don’t see how he loses it if he checks all those boxes.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
What MacKinnon has done is the most impressive. He’s had a revolving door of wingers for most of this season and hasn’t missed a beat.

he’s due for a Hart after he was robbed when Hall won it

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
i didnt use WAR or RAPM to say kase was top 5 tho that was back when i used scoring rates and raw on ice numbers to make evals

So what’s to say these new “stats” you’re using aren’t also BS like whatever you used to come to the conclusion that Kase was so good?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Without Ovi the caps don't make the playoffs and likely Boston misses without Pasta. Let me guess I should have put in Drai , is that your opinion? I would never vote for someone who rides shotgun to McDavid.

Do you even watch the games ? Drai has been driving his own line WITHOUT McDavid since the new year AND has nearly 2 ppg in that time period.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
MacKinnon isn't exactly playing alone. He has his twin playing on D and Rantanen on wing.

This is incredibly lazy evaluation so probably not far off how voters will see it too.

If you actually payed any kind of attention you’d know Rantanen missed 16 games so far and hasn’t been great. When Landeskog (who’s been bad all season) and Rantanen we’re both out Mackinnon carried that team and the Avs we’re playing their best hockey.

Mackinnon is the easy choice for me.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Do you even watch the games or are they past your bedtime? Drai has been driving his own line WITHOUT McDavid since the new year AND has nearly 2 ppg in that time period. Please be better.
WOW A WHOLE MONTH? SERIOUSLY ALL THAT TIME? Perhaps we should just give him all the awards, build a hospital in his name and build a statue of him outside Rogers place. f*** Gretzky we have Draisaitl!

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
WOW A WHOLE MONTH???? SERIOUSLY ALL THAT TIME? Perhaps we should just give him all the awards, build a hospital in his name and build a statue of him outside Rogers place. **** Gretzky we have Draisaitl!
Doesn't Pasta play with Marchand? And Ovie play with Backstrom and Carlson? Mack with Rant, Makar and Landeskog?

Your argument is terrible and biased.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This is incredibly lazy evaluation so probably not far off how voters will see it too.

If you actually payed any kind of attention you’d know Rantanen missed 16 games so far and hasn’t been great. When Landeskog (who’s been bad all season) and Rantanen we’re both out Mackinnon carried that team and the Avs we’re playing their best hockey.

Mackinnon is the easy choice for me.
Mackinnon still had Makar. Donskoi, Burakovsky and Kadri were fine additions to the team as well. Like I said in my posts, regardless of McDavid's points, he hasn't been his usual self due to the injury. Even lost the races TWICE this year. Drai was the one carrying the team aside from December where he forgot how to play hockey.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Mackinnon still had Makar. Donskoi, Burakovsky and Kadri were fine additions to the team as well. Like I said in my posts, regardless of McDavid's points, he hasn't been his usual self due to the injury. Even lost the races TWICE this year. Drai was the one carrying the team aside from December where he forgot how to play hockey.

Yes he has a rookie D who’s doing very well. Citing two 30pt players as excuses for Mackinnon doing so well is a little strange.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

The first and second best teams in the league don’t all of a sudden miss the playoffs because one forward is injured. Neither are even arguably the best player on their own team this season

Reactions: Duke74 and Coffey

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
The first and second best teams in the league don’t all of a sudden miss the playoffs because one forward is injured. Neither are even arguably the best player on their own team this season

Pasta is easily at this point, Marchand while being PPG+ has been good but not up to his normal standard. Not sure about Ovi though, his assist totals are just too low.

Reactions: BeastMode

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
lol UH HUH Sure. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Imagine actually believing this.

He's exaggerating but it's not Pasta's fault his team isn't terrible like Edmonton. Bruins currently have 14 more points than Edmonton. I think it's reasonable to assume Boston would have less points without Pasta. I'm sure they'd still make the playoffs.

I agree Drai is ahead of Pasta for the Hart but acting like players don't deserve acknowledge just because they play on a good team is unfair. If a player has a Hart contending season, which Pasta is, he should be discussed. As should Draisaitl. Boston is a fantastic team. Pasta makes us even better.

Reactions: BeastMode

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So I guess by that logic Colorado being arguably the best team in the West MacKinnon shouldn't even be nominated, gotcha!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He's exaggerating but it's not Pasta's fault his team isn't terrible like Edmonton. Bruins currently have 14 more points than Edmonton. I think it's reasonable to assume Boston would have less points without Pasta. I'm sure they'd still make the playoffs.

I agree Drai is ahead of Pasta for the Hart but acting like players don't deserve acknowledge just because they play on a good team is unfair. If a player has a Hart contending season, which Pasta is, he should be discussed. As should Draisaitl. Boston is a fantastic team. Pasta makes us even better.

Hockey is a strange sport when it comes to award nominations, it's more about narrative and which teams are "carried" in to the playoffs. Like Hall winning over Mackinnon for example.

Basically punished if you're on a great team lol

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Hockey is a strange sport when it comes to award nominations, it's more about narrative and which teams are "carried" in to the playoffs. Like Hall winning over Mackinnon for example.

Exactly, awards are crazy in the league. Hell the Norris used to be for the best defenseman. Now its what defensemen has scored more points.

Reactions: Emerz

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Yes he has a rookie D who’s doing very well. Citing two 30pt players as excuses for Mackinnon doing so well is a little strange.
36 points in 51 games and 30 points in 51 games is strange to you? Regardless if Makar is a rookie or not, he has 42 in 48 games. That's still impressive. Not to mention Burakovsky has 43 points in 53 games.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
but acting like players don't deserve acknowledge just because they play on a good team is unfair.
Yup! Unless you get 130 pts and blow everyone out, you won't have a chance to win if your team is amazing.
I don't make the rules, I just parrot what the voters vote on.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

Yeah. And to be fair it is defined as "player judged most valuable to their team." But a great player on a lesser team is always going to seem more important than a greater player on a great team. Doesn't mean that player is actually more valuable or better just means relative to their teammates they have the most value. So it's easy for a guy like MacKinnon - there is no one else (at least offensively) who is even in his realm of value. But Drai and McDavid are about equally valuable at this point. And while Pasta is the most valuable player for the Bruins Marchand and Bergeron are also really f***ing valuable.

Reactions: Emerz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad