The almost 3/4 of the season Hart talk.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
It's between MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Pasta and McDavid. MacKinnon number 1.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
MacKinnon isn't exactly playing alone. He has his twin playing on D and Rantanen on wing.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Panarin.

All these other players have star players helping them, who does Panarin have...Jesper Fast?
That's the thing. MacKinnon lost Rantanen and Landeskog to injury and never lost a step. He singlehandedly kept the Avs in games. Draisaitl has outscored McDavid this year. When finally given his own line without McDavid, his scoring increased. Small sample size, but with McDavid out and 3 AHL lines behind him, he's at 2ppg.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
If Draisaitl maintains his pace he will win the Hart based on pure point totals like Kucherov did last year, if not then it'll go to Mackinnon. Those are really the only two guys in the running to win it this year imo

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
This has to be Eichel imo. If the qualifier is making the playoffs, Panarin or Mack have great cases.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
If the Rangers/Sabers were anywhere near the playoffs Panarin/Eichel would have strong cases. As it is now though, it's gotta be Mack hands down (though Drai's play with McD out will play a factor in this for sure).

Fun exercise, go to NHL.com stats and filter to only the Avalanche and sort by points - it's absolutely stupid

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Cool. You also used the same stats to tell us Kase is a top 5 player in the game. Maybe time to re-evaluate the stats you use?
i didnt use WAR or RAPM to say kase was top 5 tho that was back when i used scoring rates and raw on ice numbers to make evals

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Bro the next best scorers in the Avs is Andre Burakovsky with 43 points followed by the rookie dman Makar with 42. The powerhouse offense runs through Mack and is basically getting everyone on the team career highs :laugh:

Not taking anything away from Mac but makar looks friggin awesome.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
If Drai wins the Art Ross and goes even .500 without McDavid + Oilers make playoffs there is no way he doesn't win it IMO. MacK obviously a close 2nd right now, with Pasta/Panarin rounding out the top 4.

Reactions: JLaw1719

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Anyone other than Mac at this point? Clearly driving the Avs bus from Day 1 and still going strong while Rantanen hasn't returned to his level of production from last year.

Can see Drai making a run if the Oilers stay in their current position while McDavid is out.
Still Crosby

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Did you watch the McDavid documentary? He's not 100% and now he re-injured the same knee.
Sorry I just don't think this McDavid = Rantanen argument holds any water. McDavid is the best player in the world and put up 81 points with that injury. It's just not comparable within this current season. Rantanen has been a fraction of the player an injured McDavid has been.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Drai
MacKinnon
Pasta

Are my top 3 right now, but if Pasta wins the rocket with ~60 goals I could see him finishing 1 or 2.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Avs fans conveniently ignoring Makar exists in this thread.

While Q. Hughes is the superior rookie, Makar is still a great D

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad