The All Things Beaulieu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
what's the future for beaulieu... at first he was "suppose" to replace markov someday but he's having 9 pts in 64 games this year. I know he's not playing on the PP and that habs aren't scoring a lot ( pretty sure his playing time is mostly with the 3rd and 4th line).

His skating is great but a top 4 is probably the max for him, wich is good in itself.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Guys he's barely a fit at the third pairing. If you think he would be a good top 4 D, then you're sadly mistaken because he needs to improve on BOTH of his offensive and defensive skills.

He's slightly better than Gonchar, but I wouldn't mind if Gonchar replaces him this PO season.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
got benched for the entire third and had less than 9 minutes, But hey we won, MT is just making sure he learns how to play defense properly..oh yeah and JJD is showing him the way.

Nynja*

got benched for the entire third and had less than 9 minutes, But hey we won, MT is just making sure he learns how to play defense properly..oh yeah and JJD is showing him the way.

Its very possible he was kept off the ice because of the EK hit that rattled him.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
So you're not buying that he was actually hit badly by Karlsson? His "benching" followed that incident immediately.

Not that it's wise to have a concussed guy sit on the bench to take in the game, but I don't recall him making any horrific plays. IF anything, Patches did what you learn not to do in Pee Wee with his up ice pass right up the middle, which got picked off.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
So you're not buying that he was actually hit badly by Karlsson? His "benching" followed that incident immediately.

Not that it's wise to have a concussed guy sit on the bench to take in the game, but I don't recall him making any horrific plays. IF anything, Patches did what you learn not to do in Pee Wee with his up ice pass right up the middle, which got picked off.

By what MT said in his presser, Beaulieu had Upper body injury but they wanted him to remain on the bench (for some reason)...

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal

I think he was rattled, both emotionally and physically. He tried to get revenge later in the end, which led to an almost 2-on-1 (covered just in time by -if I remember- Plekanec).

Frankly, I gotta say what I gotta say.
I don't like regular season MT. But I'm fine with his decisions since playoffs started.

I guess he could/should have used Beaulieu much, much more in the season to actually prepare him, but meh, whaddaya want :dunno:

freezie

cold as ice
Apr 23, 2004
Go Habs!!
He was definitely rattled , but I would be amazed if he doesn't have a concussion , that karlson hit was directly to his head .

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I thought it was a legit hit but he should've pulled a stoner and roll to try to get the best player from the other team suspended. Other than that Beaulieu played well.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
He was definitely rattled , but I would be amazed if he doesn't have a concussion , that karlson hit was directly to his head .

Nope, shoulder first, Beaulieu leaned into it.

Fortunately, that wasn't Grybage or Boroweewee, otherwise his head might've been doing backflips into the stands.

I say rest the boy, play the veteran (Gonch')

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Nope, shoulder first, Beaulieu leaned into it.

Fortunately, that wasn't Grybage or Boroweewee, otherwise his head might've been doing backflips into the stands.

I say rest the boy, play the veteran (Gonch')

I saw the head take a significant part of the force from that hit. Not saying the head was targeted but facts are facts.

I think it's possible Pateryn draws in before Gonchar, but both are ahead of Weaver. We are short of guys who are used to playing the LD, as both Tinordi and Drewiske are hurt, even Allen too (shuddering as I write that).

I don't think that Karlsson would have been suspended, even if Beaulieu acted Stoned. You almost have to kill a Hab to get suspended, and even then, it's only 50/50. Clarkson clearly projected a defenceless, PUCKLESS Gonchar into the boards because he was a frustrated man on a rampage, and he didn't even get a hearing. A severe head injury, and Gonchar has hardly played since that incident, but not even a hearing.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I saw the head take a significant part of the force from that hit. Not saying the head was targeted but facts are facts.

I think it's possible Pateryn draws in before Gonchar, but both are ahead of Weaver. We are short of guys who are used to playing the LD, as both Tinordi and Drewiske are hurt, even Allen too (shuddering as I write that).

I don't think that Karlsson would have been suspended, even if Beaulieu acted Stoned. You almost have to kill a Hab to get suspended, and even then, it's only 50/50. Clarkson clearly projected a defenceless, PUCKLESS Gonchar into the boards because he was a frustrated man on a rampage, and he didn't even get a hearing. A severe head injury, and Gonchar has hardly played since that incident, but not even a hearing.

My guess is Gonchar draws in for Game 4.

Beaulieu looked off right from puck drop. And to me, it looked like Beaulieu was hit in the head (but I do think the hit was clean as beaulieu was reaching a little)

I would also like to note that instead of dropping like he was shot and flopping like a fish, he got right up. Also, the coach didn't say anything, no one threatened the league or the other team and there wont be 3 days of crying to the media by anyone from that team.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I was thinking during the game we could have used Pateryn in this game because of the hitting and let Gilbert sit next game. Unfortunately he'll probably be in now at the loss of Beaulieu. :rant:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
He did play after the big hit though. He even had a blocked shot. I guess he didn't start feeling well after the 2nd was over.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015

I agree with you 100%. and I also agree that Karlsson will not be suspended on this play. It was a clean hit, imho, but due to a number of factors Nathan's head did take a lot of impact.

This is purely conjecture on my part, but I also noticed Nathan seemed to lose his composure a bit after that hit, and at least twice stepped up for a big hit which led to odd man rushes. He seemed to let his emotions get the better of him. Shortly thereafter, he rode the pines. MT has sat Subban in the past for similar things, which leads me to believe it was more disciplinary. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Also, I don't pretend to know concussion protocol, but I don't imagine if you go out with one that you stay on the bench for the next hour.

Bottom line, I think if Beaulieu is healthy I believe he plays. He's just too good (when he's focused and disciplined) to sit on the bench or be the press box. This isn't a knock against Gonchar, I just think Nathan is a better D man at this point of the season.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I agree with you 100%. and I also agree that Karlsson will not be suspended on this play. It was a clean hit, imho, but due to a number of factors Nathan's head did take a lot of impact.

This is purely conjecture on my part, but I also noticed Nathan seemed to lose his composure a bit after that hit, and at least twice stepped up for a big hit which led to odd man rushes. He seemed to let his emotions get the better of him. Shortly thereafter, he rode the pines. MT has sat Subban in the past for similar things, which leads me to believe it was more disciplinary. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Also, I don't pretend to know concussion protocol, but I don't imagine if you go out with one that you stay on the bench for the next hour.

Bottom line, I think if Beaulieu is healthy I believe he plays. He's just too good (when he's focused and disciplined) to sit on the bench or be the press box. This isn't a knock against Gonchar, I just think Nathan is a better D man at this point of the season.

If he's healthy, I could see him looking to clock EK back in the next game. Good on Karlsson for making the open-ice hit... But an angry Beaulieu would be a nightmare for Karlsson lol (Supposing other Sens are already tied up, which they most probably won't be, they want to protect their captain&star).

JurequeparJuraj

Feb 20, 2013
by the sea
Not this year .. lets finish Ottawa in 4 but next year or sometime Id like to see Karlsson knocked out cold. Never hated the guy but after this hit..

In the first he stumbled into Beaulieu and went back for retribution and punked him bracing himself for a headshot.

Its all opinions after all.. cause reverse this hit with Beaulieu hitting Karlsson the SAME way and then you have suspension material.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I thought Bo has really struggled with the speed of the game in the playoffs. I think given his age and experience, this isn't really a surprise, but it's great experience for him as he grows into an everyday Dman.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
EK played that way last night because they inserted that POS Neil in the lineup - that gave the little weasel wings it seemed. I have no doubts in my mind that Beaulieu will get his retribution for that, whether this year or next. Bo plays with a chip on his shoulder and is probably our only skill player that can take care of himself.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he likely had his worst game of the season before the hit, had that brutal turnover he made cost us a goal who knows how the game would have ended. I think it was the right call to have him sit in such a close game as he struggled way too much to be trusted out there in such a key game.

The bottom line here is winning above all else. If Beaulieu can't play better then the coaching staff needs to make the proper adjustments and imo they have.

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
If it were up to me, I would put Pateryn in the lineup over Beaulieu for game 4. I think his brand of physical hockey along the boards and his crisp first pass out of our zone would do well for us, and he should get a taste of playoff hockey as well like Tinner and Boylow have so far.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Beau went from a tweener between the NHL and AHL rosters to a regular in the NHL. This is just part of his learning curve. His upside is still that of a top 4 D. He made great progress this year. I'd like to see someone with more size as the partner for PK, and with Emelin on the 2nd pairing, Beaulieu can take his time to emerge as a top 4 D until he's ready to grab the reigns without the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad