The All Things Beaulieu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Totally agree. I said the same thing and I'm really happy the Habs, be it MT or MB decided to put him in.

Big, physical, skilled and fast defencman doesn't look out of place AT ALL.

Bright future for the Habs.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
It's a shame that we had to wait until a do or die situation but here we are.

Will definitely take Markov's spot in 2 seasons.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Beaulieu is my favorite Habs trade bait......but I'm second guessing myself. The kids looks awesome and is subby light

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
The kid is talented. He is our secret weapon. Look how Subban came into the league. It was in a similar way a few years ago.

Beaulieu is going to be good.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So many need to eat some freaking crow about how Murray is a needed commodity.

No Murray. No Parros. No Moen. Just Weise and Prust as real physical ''energy'' players.

I said it before and I'll say it again, we would have won this series already if Beaulieu was in right from Game 1.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Hey, who would have thought someone with the ability to make a good first pass and a decent skater would help on the third pair?

Still, I'll give props to Therrien for bringing in the kid at such a critical point in the series. It was a gutsy move, but a move that seemed like the only logical one a while ago.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

It was only in a do-or-die situation that we were going to see him. Had the Habs stayed ahead and won, Therrien would've kept the vets.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This is the most physical Habs played all series and it was without Murray. :laugh:

I agree, Therrien deserves credit for not being stubborn. Many coaching staffs would continue to do same thing but he put the kid in despite all playoffs going with the veteran hand. Basically admitted that his previous strategy was not working and will to try the kids.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo

I don't understand Habs reluctance to play him either. I hope they know more than me, but it just seems like there is no comparison between Cube and him, talent wise.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
So happy to be wrong about Beaulieu coming IN now...so wrong!!
So many of you Hab fans were begging for Beaulieu...kudos to you!! Hope Beaulieu and our Habs keep it up!!
(I was worried about his defensive game, but...).

What a gutsy move by Therrien!!
(I thought the right time to try Beaulieu or Tinordi would have been game 2 or game 3 VS tampa, but......guess not!! woohoo!!)

Go Beaulieu Go!!
Go Habs Go!!
Go health Go!!

p.s.: Beaulieu +2...1 amazing pass/assist...10min ice-time...Beaulieu got Pacioretty going again...now we have a HOT Pacioretty again!!!!

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

And some people need to simmer down and appreciate the contribution of mid-series trench work in wearing the other team down in the long run, and keeping the Bruins' scorers from getting comfortable and in a rhythm. Now they look like they barely have anything left. That wasn't the case in game 1 now, was it. The big 3rd period rally that they normally muster? 8 shots tonight, little pressure, and half-assed dirtbag scrumming at the end.

14 hits, 11 blocked shots, and 0 PP goals against in 3 games. That's all Murray ever had to give us. He never had to come in and be able to anchor a powerplay, and he certainly never had to play every day. He definitely contributed more to this team so far this year than his most vehement detractors promised upon signing, so crow all around I guess.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
So happy to be wrong about Beaulieu coming IN now...so wrong!!
So many of you Hab fans were begging for Beaulieu...kudos to you!! Hope Beaulieu and our Habs keep it up!!
(I was worried about his defensive game, but...).

What a gutsy move by Therrien!!
(I thought the right time to try Beaulieu or Tinordi would have been game 2 or game 3 VS tampa, but......guess not!! woohoo!!)

Go Beaulieu Go!!
Go Habs Go!!
Go health Go!!

That's the thing, even if he was mediocre it would have been an improvement on Bouillion & especially Murray. It couldn't have got any worse.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
That's the thing, even if he was mediocre it would have been an improvement on Bouillion & especially Murray. It couldn't have got any worse.

Yeah, but...what a friggin' gutsy move...such a gutsy move!!!

I was thinking Therrien put him in there for more PP power, but there's more to it than that...Beaulieu was so composed...love it and hope we play the same way in Bos!!!!:yo:

I love being wrong especially like this...!!!!!

Markov played his best game imo...finally!!!!!!
Showed so much heart and gave Lucic an awesome solid bodycheck...I'm always hard on Markov especially during playoffs!! Markov was solid... and DDesharnais made such a legal move to keep Price's shutout!!! Amazing!!
keep it up for game 7...keep it up!!! Tempo is on our side now!!! Big time!!!
Get that first goal Wedns...get it...go for it...give it everything you've got!!!!
Go Beaulieu Go!!

Murray IN...we're 0-2...I would not have taken the chance to go 0-3 with Murray IN...no ****ing way!!
Beaulieu...1-0.
Bouillon...we were up 2-1 in series almost made it 3-0 in series...that's why I thought Bouille was going to be there for game 6...glad I was wrong...so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Beaulieu Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Was really hoping the refs would let him go so he could fill Campbell's face in. I don't think the NHL knows just how crazy Brolieu is when throwing the mitts.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Very impressed with Nathan-1st time in 20 yrs plus we have 6 or 7 good to very good players at 25 yrs old or younger.A great sign for yrs of good hockey

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Our future looks very bright with Beaulieu and Tinordi coming up.

Solid game tonight. Cant wait to see him repeat the effort in Game 7!!!!!

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
Fun stat.

The Montreal Canadiens have never conceded in a playoff game in which Nathan Beaulieu has played in. Defensive Juggernaut. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, the kid played a great game, looked very comfortable out on the ice. Just got the impression he knew he belonged out there. He and Weaver complimented each other nicely.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Yeah, but...what a friggin' gutsy move...such a gutsy move!!!

I was thinking Therrien put him in there for more PP power, but there's more to it than that...Beaulieu was so composed...love it and hope we play the same way in Bos!!!!:yo:

I love being wrong especially like this...!!!!!

Go Beaulieu Go!!

And was making reads ahead/with the flow of play instead of seeming like he was hesitating or reacting, which was positive body language from both confidence and comfort perspectives, considering he was basically thrown in cold for the biggest game of his career so far.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna

No Murray. No Parros. No Moen. Just Weise and Prust as real physical ''energy'' players.

I said it before and I'll say it again, we would have won this series already if Beaulieu was in right from Game 1.

yes for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad