Confirmed with Link: The All Star/Jersey Retirement thread.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Thats so weird, how does Domi not make it at almost PPG?

I bet Price doesnt even want to go lmao

6 forwards, 2 defensemen, 2 goaltenders by division
Every teams must be represented. Big names most be there

That's pretty much why Price is going.

Gotta send Eichel for Buffalo ahead of Hutton for sure
Kucherov, Stamkos (and Point) ahead of Vasy
Pastrnak for Boston....not having a real starter
Tavares, Matthews (Marner, Reilly) for Toronto for sure

Domi deserve it for the Habs....sure. Morgaan Rielly is favorite for the Norris and he's not there.
But which Forwards do you take out to put their Goalie instead?
Does Domi deserve it more than any of those forwards?

Guys like Stamkos and Tavares are pick because their names is sexier than Rielly, Marner or Point too.
Price's name is sexy and not one of their forwards is a bigger name or a better player than the forwards of other teams.

Never forget, it's about selling the whole thing.

Reactions: ArtPeur and Redux91

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Yeah, if I'm Price, I ask the Habs if it's ok to eat the 1-game suspension and I just stay home for this.

Niemi can go. Who gives a ****.

And they work it out with the league so the suspension falls on a back to back game ;)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The only thing I used to like was the skills competition, but even those are a snorefest now.

I know, right? I'm still a fan of the classics like accuracy, hardest shot, fastest skater, and the puck relay. But every year, they're coming out with new ideas trying to be innovative and it's a fail, so the following year, they change it up again.

I remember growing up and one of my favorite events was the Rapid Fire, where goalies would face two shooters continuously firing shots at them:

I wish they bring this one back.

Reactions: Doublelift

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I know, right? I'm still a fan of the classics like accuracy, hardest shot, fastest skater, and the puck relay. But every year, they're coming out with new ideas trying to be innovative and it's a fail, so the following year, they change it up again.

I remember growing up and one of my favorite events was the Rapid Fire, where goalies would face two shooters continuously firing shots at them:

I wish they bring this one back.

That year it was in Montreal in the 90s, Craig Billington was lights out in it. He got to show something that night. Emergency invite when Terreri got hurt.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Send Halak. He’s suppose to have to a “superior season.” He splits starts. Give the heavy lifters a rest and don’t penalize the teams with no talent who can’t sell jersey’s.

This is a discusting post coming from an ex goalie like your self.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This is a discusting post coming from an ex goalie like your self.

No. Send Halak. He’s got the sexier stats behind a better team and leave ours out of it. We actually need our #1, anyone could start for Boston.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Not this crap again. If you can easily find better options for each position, just don't force yourself to invite someone from each team. This event is a joke anyway though.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Man this All star nomination is a huge joke... I mean Price played a good last 30 days but jesus his stats arent that good.

Domi and Petry deserved it more and also wtf no Andersen , hes been amazing
Seriously you guys, the ASG has nothing to do with who deserves to go, it's about who the league and the fans want to see. If I was a Sharks fan going to the game or interested in watching the game at all, I wouldn't want Petry or Domi, I'd want Price. Same goes for all the "stars".

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Boston needs Halak more than we need Price, thats for sure.

Rask has been just as good since November 1st. Halak has never carried outside of one fluke run with us. He gets carried. Won’t be long until Rask starts getting the majority of the starts again because he’s their #1. Gives their starter a good break while Halak stopgaps games.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Seriously you guys, the ASG has nothing to do with who deserves to go, it's about who the league and the fans want to see. If I was a Sharks fan going to the game or interested in watching the game at all, I wouldn't want Petry or Domi, I'd want Price. Same goes for all the "stars".
So then why pretend that players are going on the merit of their season? Might as well come out and say that reputation is the selection criteria.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
So then why pretend that players are going on the merit of their season? Might as well come out and say that reputation is the selection criteria.
For some players on some teams that have lesser known stars, merit does play a role. Vancouver is a good example. I'd say that Pettersson will most likely be an automatic for years to come, but he earned it this year.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Price begged the NHL "Please, now I have two kids, and my wife has let it be known she wants a third. Give me a reason to get out of the house."

Or maybe it goes this way "Please, now I have two kids, and my wife can't handle it even with 2 nannies. Give me a reason to extend my paternity leave, I love being home".

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Id rather he not play due to injuries. as many have stated we have better players to send.
I do not care for the ASG and I will not be watching.

Its too silly now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They need to stop with this every team gets one player in. Just take the best players.

Agreed. This everybody gets a medal for participation is stupid. It's not a ALL STAR game when the stars are not all there.

Open up the skills competition to all players who can qualify (Byron as faster skater and Weber for hardest shot for example).

They can do many different things to bring back some form of entertainment to our all star game. The NHL is messing this up

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
While I thought Domi should represent us, it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It's an entertainment event.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
6 forwards, 2 defensemen, 2 goaltenders by division
Every teams must be represented. Big names most be there

That's pretty much why Price is going.

Gotta send Eichel for Buffalo ahead of Hutton for sure
Kucherov, Stamkos (and Point) ahead of Vasy
Pastrnak for Boston....not having a real starter
Tavares, Matthews (Marner, Reilly) for Toronto for sure

Domi deserve it for the Habs....sure. Morgaan Rielly is favorite for the Norris and he's not there.
But which Forwards do you take out to put their Goalie instead?
Does Domi deserve it more than any of those forwards?

Guys like Stamkos and Tavares are pick because their names is sexier than Rielly, Marner or Point too.
Price's name is sexy and not one of their forwards is a bigger name or a better player than the forwards of other teams.

Never forget, it's about selling the whole thing.

A logical post on this thread, is this real life?

Reactions: Milhouse40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad