Confirmed with Link: The All Star/Jersey Retirement thread.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
They should go back to the drafting of teams lime they used to do. At least that was somewhat entertaining.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This is why all star selections really dont mean anything anymore. There are more deserving goalies in the Atlantic than Price and more deserving Habs than Price too.

Send Halak. He’s suppose to have to a “superior season.” He splits starts. Give the heavy lifters a rest and don’t penalize the teams with no talent who can’t sell jersey’s.

Reactions: donghabs98

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
NHL reveals 2019 All-Star Game rosters

No wonder no one takes this game seriously. Price gets in on name alone. Domi deserves to go instead.

Does Price necessarily deserve to be here? It's debatable but I understand why it happened. They clearly wanted to get at least one players in from each team within the division (Chabot, Yandle, Price, Howard all making it). And the Forwards we're already filled with Matthews, Stamkos, Tavares, Kucherov, Pastranak and, Eichel all making it. <--- This also explains why Domi doesn't make the team.

Edit: I should say I wish they'd do the old draft format, that was actually fun but with the format being the way it is... it sadly makes sense

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
This is why all star selections really dont mean anything anymore. There are more deserving goalies in the Atlantic than Price and more deserving Habs than Price too.

Yeah, Domi is our MVP so far no questions. However as good as he was, no chance he could crack the forwards lineup:

F Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres
F Nikita Kucherov, Tampa Bay Lightning
F Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs (Captain)
F David Pastrnak, Boston Bruins
F Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
F John Tavares, Toronto Maple Leafs

Even if Weber missed most of the season , would prefer to see him there or oven Petry over Yandle but then who would Florida send. Huberdeau over Stamkos?

With all injuries Price had I hope he skips.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, Domi is our MVP so far no questions. However as good as he was, no chance he could crack the forwards lineup:

Even if Weber missed most of the season , would prefer to see him there or oven Petry over Yandle but then who would Florida send.

With all injuries Price had I hope he skips.

Barkov? Luongo?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I was actually thinking about the northeastern divison lineup today. This is the team that will get the most ommisions. With the limited rosters I expected Petry to be named because of so many great fwds deserving to be there ahead of Domi.

My expected roster was 6 fwds 3d and 2 g

TOR: Mattthews Tavares Andersen Reilly
TB Kucherov
BOS Pastrnak
Habs Petry
BUF Eichel Hutton
FLA Yandle
DET Larkin
OTT Chabot

Omissions : Point Stamkos Marner Domi Bergeron Stone Huberdeau

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
In 1983 Richard Brodeur was injured and replaced by John Garrett his backup. Imagine if this would aply this year and Price cant go and Niemi woukd take his place. Niemi has stats that goalies usualy have at the all-star games

Reactions: Forum93

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
What a farce this game has become lol.. How does a goalie with .904 sv% make the allstar team lmao, we have a ppg center (almost) and a d who is top 10 in d scoring. Ridiculous.

This shit makes me dislike him even though I know it's not his fault. I feel like he's always been praised whether deserving or not, I think it's why I don't care for him anymore lol.

Reactions: jordy and Genesis76

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
This is so stupid. Last year was even dumber but at least we have some worthy players this season. He shouldn't even go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad