OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Shining Force 3 had a US release didn't it?

What other systems do you collect for, if any?

Super Nintendo, Nintendo, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, and N64 at the current moment. I'm an RPG junkie so I try and get every good RPG for each of these systems. Currently have Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, FFII and FFIII, and Chrono Cross. As I'm sure you can tell, I really need to add to my PS1 collection of RPGS, as it might just have the greatest collection of JRPGs of any console, along with the SNES. Really want to get Suikoden II, but, it's $125 at my local game store .

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
If you have a SNES and haven't played Terranigma - buy a repro cart immediately. The most incredibly under appreciated game of all time. Legit 10/10, just as good as Chrono Trigger, and that means a lot coming from me, a dude who is legitimately obsessed with Chrono Trigger.

Seven Years

Mar 17, 2011
Usually priest or mage. I know, I know. ^^

Shaman, paladin, hunter would be the next tier.

I still haven't picked up many good cards, tho.

Hey, I love me some priest and mage. Priest being my main deck. Really want to run a freeze mage deck with doomsayers and the like, but am missing a doomsayer, Alex, and Archmage Antonio at least. :<

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I absolutely hate NHL 16. I was already mad at EA for screwing up last year's game with no club or otp and had to play 15 on PS3, but now I'm even more upset. They completely destroyed character building for those two modes. You can't pick your height and weight, you can't put attributes on your guy, nothing. Instead you choose their pre-set build and everybody is the same online, just terrible. You pick sniper and always miss the net. The computer AI has gotten way better but club games are just awful, lucky to score a couple of goals and almost every game goes to multiple overtimes. You can't have the puck on your stick for more than 3 seconds, you can't deke or stick handle. They absolutely ruined club and otp

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I absolutely hate NHL 16. I was already mad at EA for screwing up last year's game with no club or otp and had to play 15 on PS3, but now I'm even more upset. They completely destroyed character building for those two modes. You can't pick your height and weight, you can't put attributes on your guy, nothing. Instead you choose their pre-set build and everybody is the same online, just terrible. You pick sniper and always miss the net. The computer AI has gotten way better but club games are just awful, lucky to score a couple of goals and almost every game goes to multiple overtimes. You can't have the puck on your stick for more than 3 seconds, you can't deke or stick handle. They absolutely ruined club and otp

im mainly upset with the lack of choosing size.. the way i know how to play is like a power forward or defensive dman. taking away my size throws off using those builds

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
im mainly upset with the lack of choosing size.. the way i know how to play is like a power forward or defensive dman. taking away my size throws off using those builds

So am I, usually my friends and I make our characters 6'9 and run around and goon it on everyone else

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
In NHL 16 I do tons of fantasy drafts and sim like a season then do more drafts lmfao. And also HUT.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

It's extremely frustrating, but they've fixed the AI a bit at least. I hate how you can just skate into people without consequences, and they took away tying up as a defenseman. It's still so clunky, but it's much improved from 15. I found my niche as a two-way forward or as an offensive defenseman

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Just bought a fully backwards friendly PS3, only three consoles away from owning all of my "essentials".

Suggest games plims.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Just bought a fully backwards friendly PS3, only three consoles away from owning all of my "essentials".

Suggest games plims.

Dude, there are a **** TON of great PS1 RPGS. A lot of them are very reasonably priced, too. Start with the Final Fantasys, of course. Look into Suikoden 2 (most expensive PS1 game I've seen, around $125, but it gets SO much great reception, heard a lot of great things about it), Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoon, Grandia, and the Wid Arms series.

I'm getting a PC Engine Duo (region modded) by the end of the week, luckily my local game store had Ys Book 1 and 2, which is the game I really wanted for the system, so I picked it up. After I get that, I'll only need a few more consoles (Sega Master System, Atari 2600, Neo Geo CD, Gamecube, and PS2).

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Dude, there are a **** TON of great PS1 RPGS. A lot of them are very reasonably priced, too. Start with the Final Fantasys, of course. Look into Suikoden 2 (most expensive PS1 game I've seen, around $125, but it gets SO much great reception, heard a lot of great things about it), Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoon, Grandia, and the Wid Arms series.

I'm getting a PC Engine Duo (region modded) by the end of the week, luckily my local game store had Ys Book 1 and 2, which is the game I really wanted for the system, so I picked it up. After I get that, I'll only need a few more consoles (Sega Master System, Atari 2600, Neo Geo CD, Gamecube, and PS2).

No Xenogears? Stamng, pls

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Have all of CC, Legend of Dragoon, and Grandia :D. Free from my cousin when she got rid of her PSX. Have a ton of games for the PSX as it was my first console, has to be the most diverse library of games ever created. Have my eyes on a lot of more games for it going forward. Suikoden II is but a dream right now at the friggin price tag, I'd rather use that money for a game like Elemental Gearbolt.

Neo Geo CD is a great choice of a console. It's not a second mortgage kind of purchase like the AES but has some excellent ports of extremely high quality SNK games; though for me the PS2 compilations work just as well. Also really didn't appreciate the Gamecube's library of games like I should've been, longgggggg list of future purchases for it.

P.S. make sure to pick up Fighting Street for the PC Engine Duo, great fighting game :laugh:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Have all of CC, Legend of Dragoon, and Grandia :D. Free from my cousin when she got rid of her PSX. Have a ton of games for the PSX as it was my first console, has to be the most diverse library of games ever created. Have my eyes on a lot of more games for it going forward. Suikoden II is but a dream right now at the friggin price tag, I'd rather use that money for a game like Elemental Gearbolt.

Neo Geo CD is a great choice of a console. It's not a second mortgage kind of purchase like the AES but has some excellent ports of extremely high quality SNK games; though for me the PS2 compilations work just as well. Also really didn't appreciate the Gamecube's library of games like I should've been, longgggggg list of future purchases for it.

P.S. make sure to pick up Fighting Street for the PC Engine Duo, great fighting game :laugh:

bonks-adventure-tg16-cover-front-43093.jpg

Pops wasn't keen on the Super Nintendo, so I had to wait for this system to go extinct.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
EA comes out with another roster update today and still no Brady Skjei in Hartford. How ****ing ******** are these guys running the show? He is a top 3 prospect getting minutes in Hartford. How hard is it to create that player. He was also one of the final cuts for the rangers. Oh but they did manage to demote Tanner Glass..

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Question for those who have NHL 16. I'm currently still playing 15 and I wanted to know if the gameplay has changed this year? In 15, I find my computer AI to be dumb as **** when it comes to defending when I play online. Is this still a problem in 16? And what about the "Skill Stick" thing that was introduced in 15? I find it made players impossible to defend 1 on 1. Pushing the right stick left and right a bunch of time makes you invincible to stick checks and hits. Is it still the same in 16? Thanks.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
EA comes out with another roster update today and still no Brady Skjei in Hartford. How ****ing ******** are these guys running the show? He is a top 3 prospect getting minutes in Hartford. How hard is it to create that player. He was also one of the final cuts for the rangers. Oh but they did manage to demote Tanner Glass..

Players who spent last year in college hockey are not in the game at release due to NCAA/NHL regulations. Jack Eichel wasn't even on the Sabres, and I'm not even sure if he's in the game yet. I don't think Adam Tambellini is listed as one of our prospects either (I remember this being an issue from NHL 15) and I'm not sure if they rectified it yet.

It sucks too not having any KHL or lower European league players not in the game, which basically prevents the Rangers from having any prospects like Buchnevich or Kovacs. I loved the be a gm mode, but it sucks not having these young guys to build your roster around in later seasons.

Question for those who have NHL 16. I'm currently still playing 15 and I wanted to know if the gameplay has changed this year? In 15, I find my computer AI to be dumb as **** when it comes to defending when I play online. Is this still a problem in 16? And what about the "Skill Stick" thing that was introduced in 15? I find it made players impossible to defend 1 on 1. Pushing the right stick left and right a bunch of time makes you invincible to stick checks and hits. Is it still the same in 16? Thanks.

The AI has gotten much better in this game, except they have this huge issue where they skate behind the net with the puck, just standing there until they lose it because they're holding the puck against the back of the net. It's infuriating for when you're playing EASHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad