OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
So I'm going to assume there's no Fallout 4 chatter ITT because everyone is still addicted to it?

Having so much fun cleaving heads off with my level 20 pure melee (max strength, endurance and luck) baseball bat barbarian called Alex Rodriguez. Codsworth actually calls me Mr. Rodriguez it's great. :laugh:

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
For the casual gaming - COD BO3, Fallout 4 and SW Battlefront? I'm not leaving my house this month.

COD got old ages ago. Every addition that comes out looks like COD4 from 2007. Almost hard to believe that people continue to buy that thrash.

Even though the skill-gap seems low, Battlefront will be fun. Even better if you grew up with Star Wars. They have nailed the atmosphere and authenticity.

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site
Any PC gamers excited or got steam link? Super awesome to play PC games with a controller on a couch and your PC in a completely different room. Supposed to work wired or wirelessly.

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Well, I'll be picking up many games on Black Friday so if anyone wants to play Star Wars, Fallout or COD, just add me...

PSN: Spirytus_192

Oh btw, I am looking for a team on EASHL. I'm not too bad. In drop in games I am 30-11 or something like that. I can play any position but prefer LW or LD.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Any PC gamers excited or got steam link? Super awesome to play PC games with a controller on a couch and your PC in a completely different room. Supposed to work wired or wirelessly.

It's cool, but the whole reason I game on PC is because i prefer mouse and keyboard for certain games.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Haven't tried Fallout 4 yet, though I'm ahuge fan of the series.

Debating whether I want to sell my XBox One PipBoy edition though. Might look to put it in eBay and get the reg edition.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Debating whether I want to sell my XBox One PipBoy edition though. Might look to put it in eBay and get the reg edition.

Dude, I would have paid a premium for that a month ago for my girlfriend's birthday. I was so pissed when they said they weren't making anymore.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Don't know how I've never played it before, but I just started Knights of the Old Republic, and it's awesome.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

I opened my pip boy. It's pretty nice, and it's fun playing with a functioning inventory and fast travel on your arm, but I don't plan on using it regularly. It all depends if you'd prefer to have it on the shelf or make some money.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Dude, I would have paid a premium for that a month ago for my girlfriend's birthday. I was so pissed when they said they weren't making anymore.

LOL, story of my life.

I've been traveling for business, so I still haven't even touched the game. My game and PopBoy are sitting sealed in their shipping box at home.

I'll see how I feel when I get back.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Don't know how I've never played it before, but I just started Knights of the Old Republic, and it's awesome.

One of my all-time favorites. Bar none.

I haven't played it in years.

My XBox version has weird sounds on the 360 (an emulation problem), and I can't get the PC version to run on Windows 7.

I'd love to see a current gen remake, but I doubt it'll happen.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Refuse to purchase fallout 4 until my semester is over. I have no time to play any of my 1,000 video games lately, let alone a Fallout game.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
One of my all-time favorites. Bar none.

I haven't played it in years.

My XBox version has weird sounds on the 360 (an emulation problem), and I can't get the PC version to run on Windows 7.

I'd love to see a current gen remake, but I doubt it'll happen.

They had it on steam, so I figured what the hell, and went for it. I love it so far

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Players who spent last year in college hockey are not in the game at release due to NCAA/NHL regulations. Jack Eichel wasn't even on the Sabres, and I'm not even sure if he's in the game yet. I don't think Adam Tambellini is listed as one of our prospects either (I remember this being an issue from NHL 15) and I'm not sure if they rectified it yet.

It sucks too not having any KHL or lower European league players not in the game, which basically prevents the Rangers from having any prospects like Buchnevich or Kovacs. I loved the be a gm mode, but it sucks not having these young guys to build your roster around in later seasons.

The AI has gotten much better in this game, except they have this huge issue where they skate behind the net with the puck, just standing there until they lose it because they're holding the puck against the back of the net. It's infuriating for when you're playing EASHL.

Tambellini and Eichel are in the game...

The NCAA regulations shouldnt matter considering he is playing under his signed professional contract.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Tambellini and Eichel are in the game...

The NCAA regulations shouldnt matter considering he is playing under his signed professional contract.

They just added Eichel and a few others like Hanafin IIRC. Go look at Tambellini, it says he's on the Calgary Hitmen still, and it says he was drafted by the Islanders.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
They had it on steam, so I figured what the hell, and went for it. I love it so far

Kotor and Kotor II are both amazing. Amazing plot, great characters, fun gameplay. The replay value is insane, too. It's always fun to go back through and play light side or dark side.

BarbaraAlphanse

Mmmhm.

Only getting worse next semester because I'll be working for a non-profit microfinance firm in addition to my 18 creds. Brutal workload.

I can imagine. It only gets worse once you're out. You have time to peruse the boards at times throughout the day on yor phone but your life and soul is theirs. 8-7 at a lucky firm. Otherwise 7-8 seems norm during a relatively busy season. And even worse 7-1 if you're in a busy season and short staffed.

Buy fallout 4 now.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I can imagine. It only gets worse once you're out. You have time to peruse the boards at times throughout the day on yor phone but your life and soul is theirs. 8-7 at a lucky firm. Otherwise 7-8 seems norm during a relatively busy season. And even worse 7-1 if you're in a busy season and short staffed.

Buy fallout 4 now.

Next year I'm moving back to Rome to finish my master's degree while working two internships through the year. That's when the real fun begins :yo:.

I'm trying to enjoy my freedom as much as I can man.

BarbaraAlphanse

Next year I'm moving back to Rome to finish my master's degree while working two internships through the year. That's when the real fun begins :yo:.

I'm trying to enjoy my freedom as much as I can man.

Masters in Europe. That's the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad