OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Just noticed this thread exists.

Does anyone play DOTA? I've also been playing a lot of Rocket League (at least before the semester started).

I'm pretty good at NHL, but haven't played any of the new ones past 13. If they made NHL for PCs i'd stream it on Twitch or something.

I play a lot of LoL.

Since you appear to PC game, have you played any of the "rebuilt" NHL games?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I was addicted to WOW for most of middle school and my first two years of high school. Good times.

I haven't played any of the NHL rebuilt games, but my fiending for some vidya game hockey made me definitely consider it before i was reunited with my housemates PS3.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Now binge playing the most underrated console in history in the Sega Saturn

Srsly if you haven't played a Panzer Dragoon game, Virtua Fighter 2, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, or a Darkstalkers game, you're ****ing missing out. This console is a fighter and rail shooter BEAUTY.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Srsly if you haven't played a Panzer Dragoon game, Virtua Fighter 2, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, or a Darkstalkers game, you're ****ing missing out. This console is a fighter and rail shooter BEAUTY.

That was a fun console. The launch for it was bad.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Just noticed this thread exists.

Does anyone play DOTA? I've also been playing a lot of Rocket League (at least before the semester started).

I'm pretty good at NHL, but haven't played any of the new ones past 13. If they made NHL for PCs i'd stream it on Twitch or something.

Came here to post pretty much the same thing. I stopped with NHL 13 too. Did you hijack my life and post it as your own?

Has anyone played Smite or warframe? I';ve heard good things and downloaded both but haven't touched them yet bc of work mostly. Afraid to get sucked in.

I stopped playing dota for about 6 months now with a few sporadic returns here or there. But I've played it a ridiculously long time overall...I'm ashamed to say how many hours I've logged. I'm usually a support like warlock WD, venge, omni, jak. I really took a liking to troll but I've never been all that good at carrying. I'm hot garbage with anti- mage, slark, dusa. Have had some success jungling with enigma and lycan.

I know they added a bunch of new items and I'm sure they've changed some heroes in some ways . Mostly work is keeping me from time sinking. Left off at about 2.6 ranked I think.

I tried studying builds on dotafire but I'm not a very good student of the meta. Never got the timing down for certain things, not an expert on situation-specific builds. Like "Oh my team consists of these heroes and we're going against specific heroes so I should build my support with specific items."

All this reminiscing is driving me to go play. If you're interested send me a PM.

Rocket League has me at around 600-800.that's the best game for me right now. Knock out a few 5 minute matches, have fun, go do work. On occasion I'll twitch stream and play as characters. Gets a laugh out of most people and keeps it interesting for me

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I've always been amazed by Twitch. When I was a younger kid playing tons of video games I wouldn't even imagine doing it. It's really become a huge part of American teen/young adult culture.

I'm stuck on campus for the foreseeable future but I'll hit you up the next time I play.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Anybody else here ever play XCOM? I was sorely disappointed when I found out that XCOM 2 is only going to be on PC (initially, at least). I'm hoping they port it to console eventually or I might have to finally buy a new computer.

I started to play through for a second time. That game was a lot of fun. I'm mostly a PC player right now so I'm ok with this. Master race something something :sarcasm:

Some1 mentioned diablo getting messed up. The blizzard forums were a dumpster fire bc of how annoyed people were at blizzard. I was pretty disappointed too. The drop rates, atmosphere and story were all really really low points for me in comparison to previous games. (the story wasn't exactly much but it was coherent and accentuated the atmosphere of horror. D3's just seemed really lazy...stupid changes to established lore too)

Since release they've given Wilson the boot and really poured a lot of effort into it. I made 90 bucks with a legendary crossbow back when RMAH was a thing. Don't understand why they couldn't just fix drop rates a bit and keep RMAH.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

I have a Saturn myself. Unfortunately many of the great games on the system are insanely expensive. Panzer Dragoon Saga alone is $400. I do plan on getting many of these insanely expensive games since I have about another year of solid disposable income to myself.

Probably gonna start with the first two Panzer games. I really want Shinobi X as well, it's "only" $60.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I have a Saturn myself. Unfortunately many of the great games on the system are insanely expensive. Panzer Dragoon Saga alone is $400. I do plan on getting many of these insanely expensive games since I have about another year of solid disposable income to myself.

Probably gonna start with the first two Panzer games. I really want Shinobi X as well, it's "only" $60.

Dudeeee Action Replay 4 in 1. You need one. Converts imports without modifying the system, Japanese saturn games are a lot cheaper and usually have no language barrier. I have the first two Panzer Dragoons and they were $30 combined. Saga, yeah I can forget that for a long while rofl.

But for real I have 20 something Japanese Saturn games, 4 NA ones.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Dudeeee Action Replay 4 in 1. You need one. Converts imports without modifying the system, Japanese saturn games are a lot cheaper and usually have no language barrier. I have the first two Panzer Dragoons and they were $30 combined. Saga, yeah I can forget that for a long while rofl.

But for real I have 20 something Japanese Saturn games, 4 NA ones.

Oh yeah I definitely plan on getting one of those. I'm getting a second job so I can double the money to add to my collection and buff up my Saturn game library mainly, although I really want to get a Turbografx.

I'm getting Saga man. Give it a few months. It will be my prized possession. I was talking to this guy at my local retro game tore, and he told me that it' worth every penny; and they weren't even trying to sell it to me, they didn't have it.

Also, it's a damn shame the system had a bunch of RPGs that only came out in Japan, like Grandia and Shining Force 3. I seriously doubt Ill be able to fully enjoy those games in just Japanese unless I learn the language.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Usually priest or mage. I know, I know. ^^

Shaman, paladin, hunter would be the next tier.

I still haven't picked up many good cards, tho.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Oh yeah I definitely plan on getting one of those. I'm getting a second job so I can double the money to add to my collection and buff up my Saturn game library mainly, although I really want to get a Turbografx.

I'm getting Saga man. Give it a few months. It will be my prized possession. I was talking to this guy at my local retro game tore, and he told me that it' worth every penny; and they weren't even trying to sell it to me, they didn't have it.

Also, it's a damn shame the system had a bunch of RPGs that only came out in Japan, like Grandia and Shining Force 3. I seriously doubt Ill be able to fully enjoy those games in just Japanese unless I learn the language.

Shining Force 3 had a US release didn't it?

What other systems do you collect for, if any?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Also most popular jRPGs have roms with English translation.

Edit: nm sorry, didn't realize **** got real in here and you were talking about playing the actual cartridges/discs. I can totally relate because FF4 for SNES is my all-time favorite and is easily one of the rarest and most expensive cartridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad