The All Purpose Pens Off Season(s?) Thread - Injuries and other news [87 has surgery, Pens hire ACs]

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The number of injuries that will come out of a 4 game stretch after a 5+ month recovery period will be sad.

What's the latest on Bjugstad? Is there a possibility he get's LTIR'd this season?

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
What's the latest on Bjugstad? Is there a possibility he get's LTIR'd this season?

In late June Rutherford told that Bjugstad could become an option were the Penguins to make a deep run in the playoffs. Well that obviously didn't happen but without a setback he should be in full health when next season begins.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible to just tell Geno that once he's got up to speed every season, he does no contact drills other than Power Play. Line chemistry might be an issue but I think Geno's pretty easy to play with for the right player.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Especially since we have no one else who scores lol

22zhdm.jpg

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
That’s the same one for Geno as in 2016 right? I guess 3-4 weeks is good news but knowing this team it will be 3-4 months.

Reactions: ncm7772

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know he takes a lot of heat on here and throughout Pens fandom, but this video sure makes me feel for him:

I'm sure most of us has heard about his financial issues, but I didn't know the full extent of it.

Oh 10000% without a doubt. I think people who joke about him being bankrupt are actually overstepping the boundaries a bit. I get its a joke, but dude...as a kid the ONE solid foundation piece in your life should be your parents. Your parents should not cheat you. Your parents should not hurt you. Your parents should NOT do what his parents did. It's disgusting.

So yeah.. i don't really care for when people joke about it. Does that take away from his hockey skill? No. He is not a good NHL defender. Objectively.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I think JJ is effective in a limited, physical role against slower teams. When not used that way he gets exploited. If the staff were smarter in how they used him there would be a lot less criticism of the player.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Oh 10000% without a doubt. I think people who joke about him being bankrupt are actually overstepping the boundaries a bit. I get its a joke, but dude...as a kid the ONE solid foundation piece in your life should be your parents. Your parents should not cheat you. Your parents should not hurt you. Your parents should NOT do what his parents did. It's disgusting.

So yeah.. i don't really care for when people joke about it. Does that take away from his hockey skill? No. He is not a good NHL defender. Objectively.

Whatever hate I have for Jack Johnson applies 10-fold to his shitty, terrible parents for whom I wish nothing but the worst for. Using their own child that way is nothing short of despicable.

Jack Johnson the person is incredibly easy to feel sympathy for, the dude got straight-up robbed by his parents repeatedly to the point where he didn't get to truly profit from his career until he'd been in the league for a damn decade. Jack Johnson the player still f***ing sucks and I hate him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Why not just get the major surgery over with now? How major are we talking?

It's Rossi, so take with a grain of salt but the guy is writing a book with Malkin.....says it would be a long recovery time, similar to Tommy John surgery. Complete reconstruction of UCL. Apparently was told he could put it off until after he's done playing since hockey players don't use the ligaments in the same way pitchers do. It's the Penguins so literally anything is possible from a medical perspective. This team's mascot should be a guy in a hospital bed with 3 casts on.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad