The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Geno, the true American Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Me too. It doesn't have to be those specifically. Most arrangements terrify me. If Marino shot left, he'd be my pick next to Letang. But I don't like him on LD.

Is it that bad to do terrifying things for two or three games when you know you already have a big hole though?

Normally I would say no and it's only October, go ahead and experiment. But with how good all the teams in the Metro got and how important every point is, I dont think we have that much freedom any more. Unless you can get healthy up front and have a few lines really clicking well to help cover. Like if you had HBK, yeah go ahead and toss Riikola and Marino together for a game. Now a days...maybe not so much.

With guys getting healthy, our cap situation is going to get ugly fast. JR is going to have to do something

Trade a forward for sure.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Normally I would say no and it's only October, go ahead and experiment. But with how good all the teams in the Metro got and how important every point is, I dont think we have that much freedom any more. Unless you can get healthy up front and have a few lines really clicking well to help cover. Like if you had HBK, yeah go ahead and toss Riikola and Marino together for a game. Now a days...maybe not so much.

Trade a forward for sure.

Four of the teams in our division had .500 or lower point rates. Maybe those teams pull it together over the season but it's quite possible that our division will be a lot softer than many said it wold be.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

The enemy of the great is good enough.

Sure would be nice to see what Rikko could do. But for whatever reason Sully hates him so in the doghouse he goes

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The enemy of the great is good enough.

Sure would be nice to see what Rikko could do. But for whatever reason Sully hates him so in the doghouse he goes

Thing is i don't even know if he hates him all that much. He does put him out there on PP2.
Seems they are stuck in this mindset that the 4 and 3 million dollar guys need to play above him no matter how bad they look. Dunno if it's they truly believe theres not much difference between all 3 or they hate what they see when Riiko practices/scrimmages vs the other 2.
I'm going with they don't believe theres a huge difference between the 3 in the DZ to the red line and don't really care about the red line in when it comes to JJ and Guds.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Thing is i don't even know if he hates him all that much. He does put him out there on PP2.

Who is his other option when it comes to Dmen on the PP? Petts and then take your pick of Dumo, JJ, Marino. I mean it's obvious you wouldn't take any of those dudes.

Rikko got 37 games last year.
He also got glossed over when Sully couldn't decide against a hobbled Maata or an ineffective JJ in the playoffs.

Could Rikko really have been worse than those 2 clowns?

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Not me, they will ride this out as they are 6-3 not 1-8. It's still early, i'll expect things in Dec.

Yeah, JR is 100% waiting until the last moment to do something or waiting for some miracle offer. The injuries and wins have bought him time.

I wonder if some of these guys would be playing through injuries if the team didn't have such a good record right now. Not that I'm saying they should be, I'm just wondering.

Most of them probably wouldn’t. McCann seems like he is trying to play through something and we don’t know what Dumoulin’s is but he almost played. So they might but not the others. Hornqvist and Crosby have definitely played dinged up badly enough for Sullivan to talk about it. Rust broke a bone in his hand/wrist and got put on LTIR. Galchenyuk had an allergic reaction but has also been dealing with a likely groin problem since the preseason. He already tried to rush or play through it and couldn’t back when they weren’t sitting pretty. Malkin’s is bad enough to put him on LTIR and it’s another LBI. Depending on what Bjugstad has wrong, he might have.

Reactions: 66-30-33

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I wonder if some of these guys would be playing through injuries if the team didn't have such a good record right now. Not that I'm saying they should be, I'm just wondering.

This early, I doubt it. March while fighting for a playoff spot, yes.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Any timeline or additional news on Geno? I've got him in a season long pool that allows one trade, but Geno at 40-50 games is likely better than my other late round picks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Any timeline or additional news on Geno? I've got him in a season long pool that allows one trade, but Geno at 40-50 games is likely better than my other late round picks.

he skated in full gear this morning...just a guess based on that would be 2-3 more weeks...but nothing official

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
so some woman from Kentucky is going to be filing a lawsuit any minute accusing Dumo of fathering her eight children and not paying child support? How AB of him...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Makes you wonder about the conditioning.

How does this post happen? Like how?

And when talking about training in the past, Letang was one of the hardest working trained athletes in the world. And he was often injured. I do not buy, at all, injuries happen from lack of training. Then people say he OVER Trained. And if a player gets injured then others will claim it's training.

How does this post happen? :laugh:

Reactions: NEPA and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad