The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Geno, the true American Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Realistic counterpoint, someone had to go down and Lafferty doesn't have to worry about waivers. Also, you can't trade Bjugstad without showcasing him first. :dunno:

I think Bjugs has been around the league long enough that scouts know what he brings. I'd say the Pens are starting him because of what they think he brings to the table. But I agree on Lafferty having more options, plus being the new guy.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I respect the opinions of sending Lafferty down.

I just think I've seen enough of ZAR and I'd rather go with Laff right now.

Lafferty is stronger, faster, and bigger than ZAR. He actually gets himself breakaways like Hagelin used to.

He really seems like a bona fide "late bloomer." But most on here are worried about getting rid of ZAR, like we don't already know what he is.

I'm having a hard time getting it.

I just think ZAR is boring, and I don't understand how anyone can be so enthusiastic about him being on the team. He's just... there.

ZAR came with a lot of hype from the org, so people are going to have a hard time accepting he’s just another guy you can grab off the waiver wire or replace easily in FA with an August signing.

The idea of what ZAR was suppose to be was certainly tantalizing, but he’s not exactly the next Hornqvist or even the next Nick Foligno.

Many posters seem to still be stuck in the denial and bargaining stages with ZAR right now. Eventually like with all prospects that don’t live up to the hype, they will move on to the acceptance phase.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
ZAR came with a lot of hype from the org, so people are going to have a hard time accepting he’s just another guy you can grab off the waiver wire or replace easily in FA with an August signing.

The idea of what ZAR was suppose to be was certainly tantalizing, but he’s not exactly the next Hornqvist or even the next Nick Foligno.

Many posters seem to still be stuck in the denial and bargaining stages with ZAR right now. Eventually like with all prospects that don’t live up to the hype, they will move on to the acceptance phase.

after a quick think, im having a hard time coming up with a good comparable for ZAR. Hes no where near as tough or good on the boards as a true power forward. He has more hands than a typical vanilla 4th liner or a Sheahan type. Hes a plus overall defensively and not terrible offensively.

but i cant put my finger on a good comparable.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

It’s not the posters in denial...it’s the organization...I’ve never seen a more run of the mill player getting opportunity after opportunity, not really performing up to expectations, and yet the coaching staff still heralds him as a player he hasn’t shown himself to be on the ice...it’s like they’re living in some delusional world...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It’s not the posters in denial...it’s the organization...I’ve never seen a more run of the mill player getting opportunity after opportunity, not really performing up to expectations, and yet the coaching staff still heralds him as a player he hasn’t shown himself to be on the ice...it’s like they’re living in some delusional world...

He’s very unspectacular watching him on the ice. His stats are really good though somehow. Things still happen when he’s on the ice. He has pretty good positioning when going back on D and knows the right areas to go in the O zone but he’s just so bland.

Results matter though and if his stats are good (especially with his usage), he doesn’t get that much ice time, and he’s on a cheap deal.

Reactions: Andy99

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
after a quick think, im having a hard time coming up with a good comparable for ZAR. Hes no where near as tough or good on the boards as a true power forward. He has more hands than a typical vanilla 4th liner or a Sheahan type. Hes a plus overall defensively and not terrible offensively.

but i cant put my finger on a good comparable.
All I can think of is he seems like a slower, slightly bigger Kunitz light (more for his forechecking and ability to make plays along the wall) with far less offensive ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad