The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Geno, the true American Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
The MAF talk.... I mean it's going to happen til he retires. It is what it is. It's no different than people clamoring for James Neal because he's off to a hot start albeit he completely sucked ass before.

So just deal with it. It's life. We are going to do this every single time.
Could be worse: Garrett Cole....

Reactions: EightyOne

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Silver lining - Marino on Letang's pair (if it continues) is a quick way to find out whether he has the minerals to be a top 4 D next year #deludedoptimist

I'm awfully perplexed why Marino/Letang got paired considering this coach's reluctance to use Dmen on their off side
Not criticizing it. Just surprised

Reactions: Peat

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I would love for it to work but both the 2nd and 3rd pairings terrify me.
Me too. It doesn't have to be those specifically. Most arrangements terrify me. If Marino shot left, he'd be my pick next to Letang. But I don't like him on LD.

Is it that bad to do terrifying things for two or three games when you know you already have a big hole though?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
a dumoulin injury is harder to overcome for this team , than a Malkin injury
I disagree. Last year it would be, this year when forwards actuallt backchecking, taking bodies in the neutral zone, etc...not so much, You won't feel a bit change fromTanger Dumo to Tanger Marino, second pair is second pair, that leaves us with 10-12 minutes of third piar that is offensivelly challenged whether Marino is there or Gudds, all because the anchor...so I don't think Dumo's injury is detrimental

Reactions: Icarium

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
How did Marino/Letang look together? I didnt get to watch the Vegas game.

Actually were pretty damn good vs Vegas.

So, soon we could see:

Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
Kahun-McCann-Hornqvist
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev
Rust-Bjugstad-Lafferty

?

The one thing i would do is keep Lafferty @ C. He's simply a better checking 2-way center than Bjugs. More speed. Better DZ awareness. More physical. Better ability to disrupt in the opponents zone. I'd play Bjugs on RW.

a dumoulin injury is harder to overcome for this team , than a Malkin injury

Big time.
I'm in big favor of playing the top 4 in the top 4 and keeping pairs that have been playing together, together while Dumo is out.
So i'm fine with:
Marino-Letang
MP-Schultz

But it's essential not to dress both JJ and Guds.
Since JJ made THE mistake last game and he was supposed to sit anyway, i'd
Riiko-Guds it.
If you need a D to play F, let JJ take a spin. He just might be decent at it...

I'm awfully perplexed why Marino/Letang got paired considering this coach's reluctance to use Dmen on their off side
Not criticizing it. Just surprised

He has no one else to match up against other teams best lines.
He doesn't like Riiko or Ruh and he knows more now that JJ and Guds can't handle it either.
Playing his 4 best in the top 4.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

this sounds bad...but why the need to update? My guess is they have to wait for the swelling to go down before they’ll know anything. But they should have been able to do a X-ray so I’m guessing there’s no break, which I guess is good,.,unless Sully’s lying to us and they already know he’s out long term...

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad