The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Geno, the true American Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
ZAR liking twizzlers makes him even worse, imo. :laugh: Great job, bud, you love eating flavorless red wax.

The only good thing about Twizzlers is that they hold up well in a lunch bag. Chocolate tends to deform and many gummy candies melt (at least here in FL). Though - if that's your game, Swedish Fish/Sour Patch do just as good of a job.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
How many goals would a JMFJ-Sid-Gudzilla first line score in one game?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Certainly not less than Simon.

You could sub one of them for Simon with the same result.... but both (which includes removing Guentzel) would be atrocious. Sid would skate on his edges around the world and dish to an empty slot area - meanwhile JMFJ would be already skating back and Guds would have been recovering from a check he laid 30 seconds prior.

Reactions: Trade

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
No way all those guys are out..we’d have too few forwards..someone is taking a morning skate

Sully's pretty much relegated morning skate to those not playing the same night - see Mackey's 20 thoughts for more details.

Edit: p.s. re the original tweet - that kinda sucks and if they don't trust Riikola they should trade him.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Looks like JJ and Gud both playing

Sully/JR: "Rikko we appreciate you playing wing while we were short F's. While the guy in front of you in your normal position contributed the lone error on the penalty kill in the 1-0 loss the previous game, we've dubbed him our 'best PKer' and you can't argue with subjective reasoning. Let me know how the nachos are"

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
No way all those guys are out..we’d have too few forwards..someone is taking a morning skate

2 possibilities:

1) Riiko back to wing.
2) Bjugs is back.

Would be my guess.
Have a hunch Bjugs will be back but Riiko could be out there just going over a few things if he plays wing again.

Reactions: ownal and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Florida signing Brian Boyle is deeply troubling. You know he's gonna score at least two on us tonight.

Good move on their part if they're looking to beat us.

Also, doesn’t Quennville have a tremendous record against us?

Reactions: Pancakes

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
First off, how dare you.

Who does it better? Or should I say...who does it worse?

iu

iu

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Florida signing Brian Boyle is deeply troubling. You know he's gonna score at least two on us tonight.

Good move on their part if they're looking to beat us.
Why does everyone think he is a Penguin killer? He has nine goals against the Pens in 42 games, 4 of those goals came in 2 games last season after he came back from cancer. That is not the definition of a killer.
Crosby has 41 goals in 67 games against the Flyers! That is a killer.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why does everyone think he is a Penguin killer? He has nine goals against the Pens in 42 games, 4 of those goals came in 2 games last season after he came back from cancer. That is not the definition of a killer.
Crosby has 41 goals in 67 games against the Flyers! That is a killer.

probably recency bias...in the only two games he played for the Devils against us last season he scored four goals total...that’s a lot...and Crosby is an elite talent and Boyle is a plug who doesn’t do much, so when the plug has a couple very good games, it’s more noticeable...

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
probably recency bias...in the only two games he played for the Devils against us last season he scored four goals total...that’s a lot...and Crosby is an elite talent and Boyle is a plug who doesn’t do much, so when the plug has a couple very good games, it’s more noticeable...

He’s actually played About 5% of his games agst the pens and scored 7% of his goals and 9% of his assists agst the Pens. Since we need to back up all idle speculation with stats. Plus, I want hear Errey say he went down like the Empire State Building - although it made more sense with the Rangers.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He’s actually played About 5% of his games agst the pens and scored 7% of his goals and 9% of his assists agst the Pens. Since we need to back up all idle speculation with stats. Plus, I want hear Errey say he went down like the Empire State Building - although it made more sense with the Rangers.

Errey would 100000000000000000000000% get fired for making a Twin Towers joke with Boyle falling, but I would die if he did because I think that may be one of a few things that is worse than Steigy's "he went down like Hobey Baker" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad