The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Geno out long term; Bjugs too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Actually I just checked again and you might be right. Apparently you have to include players' possible performance bonuses in the cap hit for LTIR recalls. They are showing us with 100k in cap space. :facepalm:

Ruh roh...

edit...apparently not the case since they just called up AJ...must have at least some space for him since AG was only placed on IR..

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They were probably waiting for the medical crew to reevaluate Galchenyuk to make this move. Next will be seeing how Horqnvist is doing and seeing if they can make a trade.

he should bring with him some full leg cushions since Letang might be one the ice with him at some point...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Galchenyuk on IR is probably just precautionary so they don't **** up like they did to start the year. It's interesting that Johnson is called up "on an emergency basis" though, I'm not exactly sure what that means.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Jake-Sid-Simon
Kahun-McCann-Tanev
ZAR-Blueger-Lafferty
AJ-Agozzino

Yep, thats still only 11.
The easiest solution is just sending Marino down for a F but i'm betting they liked so much of what they saw that he stays.
If thats the case, get Riiko outta here. I don't care anymore. This is ridiculous.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Damn. Too bad Justin Williams decided to take a break from hockey and Shane Doan is retired.

JR couldn’t shovel the PF Chang’s down his throat fast enough to trade several 1sts and Marino away to acquire them...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Galchenyuk on IR is probably just precautionary so they don't **** up like they did to start the year. It's interesting that Johnson is called up "on an emergency basis" though, I'm not exactly sure what that means.

Yeah that's interesting.

Maybe they're just feeling sorry for themselves?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Trade away the ironman with all his production. But Letang is the untradable one lol This team is a mess.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

I think it has to do with the cap space issue...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jake-Sid-Simon
Kahun-McCann-Tanev
ZAR-Blueger-Lafferty
AJ-Agozzino

Yep, thats still only 11.
The easiest solution is just sending Marino down for a F but i'm betting they liked so much of what they saw that he stays.
If thats the case, get Riiko outta here. I don't care anymore. This is ridiculous.

it might be that Horny is a possibility to still play tomorrow...or they’re just going to keep double shifting Sid into the ground

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It's emergency when you don't have enough players to ice a team. I think it means that the games played don't count towards waiver eligibility.

Johnson is waiver exempt but maybe he has a certain number of games left before that exemption expires, so these games wouldn't count towards that?

ETA: Understanding Emergency Recall vs Regular Recall

Looks like an extra 9 games or 29 days before his exempt games start ticking down. CF says AJ has 54 games before he has to clear waivers.

Reactions: BrokenStick

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah it's tempting based on how anemic this offense is but I think it would do neither guy any favors at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad