The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc (Geno out long term; Bjugs too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

To say that Crosby’s 5 on 5 offensive impact under Mike Johnston was the same as when he was going to score 120+ points in 2011 is suspicious to say the least.

But that 2019 defense though, guy clearly got underrated last year.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
You know what is funny. Guentzel - Malkin - Hornqvist is probably the perfect line for Malkin.

It did actually play a few games together in 16-17 (iirc). I can't remember what they looked like from eye test but from stats, it was ridiculous. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, that's for sure.

I do idly wonder whether Galchenyuk-Malkin-Hornqvist could have the same sort of effect. Would it fall apart without Guentzel's smarts? Doubt it. I get why they want the fast guy there as a defensive conscience (and why they think Hornqvist can have a big impact on L3) but there'd be something awesome about a GMH unit once it had the puck.

Hopefully Sullivan doesn't rip out too much of his hair this season. I like it the way it is.

:laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Peat I liked the look of Galchenyuk-Malkin-Hornqvist as well and I really hope that's what they do.

Guentzel, Crosby, Tanev
Galchenyuk, Malkin, Hornqvist
McCann, Bjugstad, Simon
Aston-Reese, Blueger, Kahun

Dumoulin, Letang
Petterson, Schultz
Riikola, Gudbranson/Marino (is this dude still up?)

It all just depends on the coaching staff making that line-up play to its potential.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
@Peat I liked the look of Galchenyuk-Malkin-Hornqvist as well and I really hope that's what they do.

Guentzel, Crosby, Tanev
Galchenyuk, Malkin, Hornqvist
McCann, Bjugstad, Simon
Aston-Reese, Blueger, Kahun

Dumoulin, Letang
Petterson, Schultz
Riikola, Gudbranson/Marino (is this dude still up?)

It all just depends on the coaching staff making that line-up play to its potential.

Marino's still up but I doubt he sticks - not when Schultz and Gudbranson have had very solid pre-seasons themselves.

I definitely wouldn't object too much to that line up though. Maybe flip Tanev and a bottom 6er - maybe McCann - but it could work.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Marino's still up but I doubt he sticks - not when Schultz and Gudbranson have had very solid pre-seasons themselves.

I definitely wouldn't object too much to that line up though. Maybe flip Tanev and a bottom 6er - maybe McCann - but it could work.

They tried Marino-Guds at practice ....I wonder what they think of him playing on the left....because you so know the coaching staff wants this kid on the roster...as do I

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They tried Marino-Guds at practice ....I wonder what they think of him playing on the left....because you so know the coaching staff wants this kid on the roster...as do I

I guess its possible, but it seems unlike them.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess its possible, but it seems unlike them.

Marino is forcing their hand because he’s been better than both Riikola and Guds this preseason...they might send him down just because of waiver status but he’s ready to play and has been one of their best six D men..

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Marino is forcing their hand because he’s been better than both Riikola and Guds this preseason...they might send him down just because of waiver status but he’s ready to play and has been one of their best six D men..
i see no reason to rush him, but i would keep one eye open looking for a trade to make room. just in case.:laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Just saw now that Crosby's hurt and might miss the opener (if not more). Oh such a wonderful start to the season. :thumbd:

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Hey Penguin fans Question : Who's the ass clown blogger that writes about the Penguins on Hockey Buzz.

Reactions: Guentz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad