The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Sully trusts him to play 10 minutes and he doesn't **** himself in the process, Bjoogs will be twice as effective.

Yeah, Sullivan just isn’t playing L4 and if Bjugstad in less than ideal shape would change that, it would be huge for the rest of them and I’m sure the <5 minute club playing with him would appreciate it. If scratching Galchenyuk would get L4’s minutes up then that needs to happen. The minutes they’re getting aren’t sustainable and the team is already half dead.

Are they progressing, Sully? Are they?!

Dumoulin might be but Bjugstad? I fully expect we’ll hear something bad and I’ll feel really sorry for him. He went from skating to not skating and still hasn’t started skating again.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Getting the injured players back is critical here. Running out of time to see what is what and now it appears there is no real prognosis as to when all will return. To many hits this year to weather the 82 game schedule. Shame the Pens just can't stay healthy enough to make informed decisions on personal. If Dumo, Bjugstad and Marino are March returnees at best, not sure how GMJR can address the needs without knowing the status of them.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Getting the injured players back is critical here. Running out of time to see what is what and now it appears there is no real prognosis as to when all will return. To many hits this year to weather the 82 game schedule. Shame the Pens just can't stay healthy enough to make informed decisions on personal. If Dumo, Bjugstad and Marino are March returnees at best, not sure how GMJR can address the needs without knowing the status of them.

The needs are pretty obvious.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The only minor upside on the Marino injury is that it might save him some other wear and tear in his first pro-season, since he'll still be able to skate and keep himself in game shape while recovering, but he won't have to deal with the next 4 weeks of brutal grind as we limp towards the post season.

And coming from college he's not used to the 82 game grind. As long as he gets a handful of games before the playoff then should be OK.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really don't understand the 4th line call ups. That 4th line is garbage. I'd run Blender, Laff, and I'd call up Adam Johnson to round it out. These are the guys who showed they could actually play. I'd sit Gally. He's useless. I'd sit Aggo and AA every single time. They have not done a single thing. Blender was 100x better than those 2 combined.

I'd seriously run a line of Blender/laff/AJ.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
The only minor upside on the Marino injury is that it might save him some other wear and tear in his first pro-season, since he'll still be able to skate and keep himself in game shape while recovering, but he won't have to deal with the next 4 weeks of brutal grind as we limp towards the post season.

This is a good point. He's played 51 games this year, but before that his highest GP in a season was 56, and that was USHL. Last 3 college years were only ~30 games each.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Dumo not even skating? Good lord this D will not be able to survive another month. This season looked very promising too but these injuries are brutal!

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I really don't understand the 4th line call ups. That 4th line is garbage. I'd run Blender, Laff, and I'd call up Adam Johnson to round it out. These are the guys who showed they could actually play. I'd sit Gally. He's useless. I'd sit Aggo and AA every single time. They have not done a single thing. Blender was 100x better than those 2 combined.

I'd seriously run a line of Blender/laff/AJ.

Really hoping that is the 4th line when Chucky is traded.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dumo not even skating? Good lord this D will not be able to survive another month. This season looked very promising too but these injuries are brutal!

We looked like we could have been a contender again. It's beyond horrible with Dumo, Jake, Marino out...who knows how they'll play if and when they return....we may not see this season again from Geno...I feel terrible that it's being wasted...I feel bad for him too...he's been tremendous

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Really hoping that is the 4th line when Chucky is traded.

I don’t.

Fourth line would hopefully be McCann - Bjugstad - Hornqvist in my opinion.

Trade - Crosby - Simon
Kahun - Malkin - Rust
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev
McCann - Bjugstad - Hornqvist.

I would then push Kahun down to L4 and Bjugstad into the 13th. When Jake’s healthy.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

That’s cool, Stillers season starts in 6 months, you can go get a head start on even more disappointment!

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Meh, I honestly think that was the best possible outcome from that shot to the face, given that at least he’ll be back in a few weeks and isn’t on life support.
For sure, but he's been our best blueliner by miles, imo. He's been able to prop up some pretty underwhelming guys all year while still looking fantastic almost every single shift through this point in the season. Seriously impressive, and I think his presence will be missed badly.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don’t.

Fourth line would hopefully be McCann - Bjugstad - Hornqvist in my opinion.

Trade - Crosby - Simon
Kahun - Malkin - Rust
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev
McCann - Bjugstad - Hornqvist.

I would then push Kahun down to L4 and Bjugstad into the 13th. When Jake’s healthy.
We were talking about the next couple of weeks til we get healthy and the tdl passes. Right now should not be gally and AA.

Reactions: PensandCaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad