The All-Purpose Panic Thread

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Only good news is Rattie being recalled and will see top 6 minutes tonight against Dallas.

-Seriously am wishing Blues go Goon squad on 1st round opponent if everyone still injured. I know hockey is not meant to be played that way, but dealing with anger issues on the Rupp hit (who has not been in the Wild lineup for 23 games prior) on Oshie. Can Stillman higher Chuck Norris for a game to eliminate the Wild/Blackhawks? Round house kick with skates = awesome!

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
With the rash of injuries that have hit- no one saw this coming. I've never seen anything like this in over 40+ years of following this franchise. The Hockey Gods have spoken once again against the Blues... :pout:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
With the rash of injuries that have hit- no one saw this coming. I've never seen anything like this in over 40+ years of following this franchise. The Hockey Gods have spoken once again against the Blues... :pout:
That's a big negative of being a Blues fan. Eventually everyone starts believing in hockey gods. It starts out jokingly, then after a while you start to wonder, "why do they always seem to find a new way to break my heart again?". It's enough to induce a tourettes like condition. **** this cursed ****ing team. **** them! See. **** has become an adjective at my house and it's all their fault. But I'm still willing to blame Eric Brewer and just love the cursed ones instead.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I still blame Lou Lamoriello and Judge Houston for the downfall of this franchise. Yeah, I'm still bitter about that. :laugh:

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Im laughing at how quickly everything went to complete ****.

WHat are the roster rules for the playoffs? 25 players I think, but how do injuries work? Can you change them between series?

illninofan*

Guess we're all Ducks fans too on Sunday (if the Sharks can hold on to this 2-0 lead).

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I've been holding the "none of this matters" stance, but the lack of any improvement and the mounting injuries is just making it look hopeless.

I don't believe that Backes will be fully healthy for the playoffs, something that requires a boot 2 days after the fact isn't going to be healed in a week.

Who knows with Oshie, if he is in the lineup then he'll be healthy... just whether or not he has a concussion.

The way Berglund was holding his arm really didn't look good.

I've heard that the plan is to evaluate Tarasenko at the end of next week, but best case scenario is still missing the first few games.

I suppose if Elliott starts on Sunday, we drop Colaiacovo and Hitch doesn't pair Polák with Jackman all game... I'll have some hope going into the playoffs.

Thrills Galore*

I've been holding the "none of this matters" stance, but the lack of any improvement and the mounting injuries is just making it look hopeless.

I don't believe that Backes will be fully healthy for the playoffs, something that requires a boot 2 days after the fact isn't going to be healed in a week.

Who knows with Oshie, if he is in the lineup then he'll be healthy... just whether or not he has a concussion.

The way Berglund was holding his arm really didn't look good.

I've heard that the plan is to evaluate Tarasenko at the end of next week, but best case scenario is still missing the first few games.

I suppose if Elliott starts on Sunday, we drop Colaiacovo and Hitch doesn't pair Polák with Jackman all game... I'll have some hope going into the playoffs.

this reads like someone was forced to post optimistically at gunpoint

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Jeremy Rutherford
‏@jprutherford
It's sounding as if Berglund's injury is serious, and the #stlblues will be without seven of their top 12 forwards Sunday.

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis
Jeremy Rutherford
‏@jprutherford
It's sounding as if Berglund's injury is serious, and the #stlblues will be without seven of their top 12 forwards Sunday.

Our season

paycheck-gone.jpg

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela
Makes me sick to my stomach.

Sweet mother of god. One of the top two seasons in franchise history, and we're icing a half-AHL team heading into the playoffs.

It really makes you start to think there is a curse.

What if there is?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Makes me sick to my stomach.

Sweet mother of god. One of the top two seasons in franchise history, and we're icing a half-AHL team heading into the playoffs.

It really makes you start to think there is a curse.

What if there is?

This franchise really does seem to be cursed.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think there may be some tricky coaching going on here:

The Blues have been playing poorly, and dropped a few games with very subpar efforts. I think Hitchcock is allowing minor injuries (in a couple cases) to keep guys out of the line-up who would normally still be playing (and certainly would be playing in the playoffs). Sobotka, Roy, maybe Oshie, hopefully others will be available when the series starts.

So instead of the failure to win the Presidents Cup, the Blues go into the last couple games with the world against them. The losing of the games becomes a secondary issue. And getting guys back in the line-up to start the series is going to feel like a big mental boost.

It provides for a nice reset. The downside is that the chance to clinch the Central is frittered away (although if San Jose beats Colorado the Blues could still reclaim that).

We'll see after the first game or two what the line-up looks like and whether the Blues come out with some fresh energy. But I'm starting to think that this is Hitchcock's way to allow the team to end the regular season on a note other than failure. With the line-up they're icing now, no one expects to win a game. (Of course, I could be proven wrong when all these guys miss Game One and the injuries prove to be more serious.)

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Alright, after Berglund getting hurt tonight as well, count me in on the panic train

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
7 forwards injured.

No other team is experiencing this.

What a load of absolute ****. I can't believe this. Cursed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad