Pre-Game Talk: The All-Purpose Mike Sullivan Thread - ALL COMMENTS AND COMPLAINTS HERE

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pettiness is also real mature in Sullivan's world.

"You don't want to do it my way, then **** you, I'll move you around until you do what I say."

That’s called being a boss.

I swear half of the nightmares I deal with in my office are the users here.

“You weren’t fair to me, we are going to sue you”

“He told me what to do, I want him fired”

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like how some people dislike Sullivan so much that they will warp anything he says or does as a negative towards him. What's sad is Sullivan has an incredible resume and people still do that.

Just to throw some more comments on the subject your way, here’s RW...

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - Pascal Dupuis creating drama with Mike Sullivan

Basically, great players make great coaches...Sully’s been average the last couple years and it’s on him to make it work...

Ryan Wilson is a dumbass and clinging to his words destroys any legitimate argument you may have.

Seriously, Wilson legitimately argued that 2016-2017 was bad coaching by Sullivan because their possession stats or something was worse in 16-17 than it was in 15-16. Why people keep citing Wilson, I genuinely have no clue. The dude is a grade A moron that strokes himself from reading Excel spreadsheets. People really need to stop citing him, he's a complete idiot who completely lacks understanding of context.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I like how some people dislike Sullivan so much that they will warp anything he says or does as a negative towards him. What's sad is Sullivan has an incredible resume and people still do that.

Ryan Wilson is a dumbass and clinging to his words destroys any legitimate argument you may have.

When did I “cling” to any of his words? I just put this out there for people to debate...he’s not a dumbass, he has a point, and feel free to disagree with it, but to reject a point just because of who’s saying it is more dumb...

Reactions: Pete Gas

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That’s called being a boss.

I swear half of the nightmares I deal with in my office are the users here.

“You weren’t fair to me, we are going to sue you”

“He told me what to do, I want him fired”

Yeah I deal with clowns like that too.

And I know I am very black and white, which is why my assistant usually likes to play devils advocate with what I say and challenges me and makes me see the other side a little more often so I don't tell him "Well tell that kid to go f*** off if he doesn't want to do that role."

And like I said a billion times - Sullivan NEEDS someone to reign him in, like Tocchet did.

If you want to keep Sullivan, get a better f***ing Assistant Coach. The lack of traction there leads to me being frustrated because Sullivan could be a legendary coach, but without someone to play devils advocate for the shit he says, he's just going to come off as an angry tyrant like his mentor.

Recchi is a joke and another one of the old boys club hires.

Reactions: Ryder71

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm not getting into what Sullivan could or should have done because, quite frankly, it doesn't matter. Certain people don't like him, and nothing he does or says will change that.

It's not as cut and dry as that. So if you want to play that angle, Pixies will pump your tires all day every day.

Most of us either want him reigned in or held accountable for the shit he does. Firing him is the extreme response to the lack of traction with those issues. Which is where we're at, because maybe some of us aren't as blinded about last season with the exhaustion and injury excuse.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It's not as cut and dry as that. So if you want to play that angle, Pixies will pump your tires all day every day.

Most of us either want him reigned in or held accountable for the **** he does. Firing him is the extreme response to the lack of traction with those issues. Which is where we're at, because maybe some of us aren't as blinded about last season with the exhaustion and injury excuse.

Neither am I, but I'm not going to rip the guy apart when he doesn't deserve to be.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

And I know I am very black and white, which is why my assistant usually likes to play devils advocate with what I say and challenges me and makes me see the other side a little more often so I don't tell him "Well tell that kid to go **** off if he doesn't want to do that role."

And like I said a billion times - Sullivan NEEDS someone to reign him in, like Tocchet did.

If you want to keep Sullivan, get a better ****ing Assistant Coach. The lack of traction there leads to me being frustrated because Sullivan could be a legendary coach, but without someone to play devils advocate for the **** he says, he's just going to come off as an angry tyrant like his mentor.

If I could give you a 100 likes for this post I would, well said!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

And I know I am very black and white, which is why my assistant usually likes to play devils advocate with what I say and challenges me and makes me see the other side a little more often so I don't tell him "Well tell that kid to go **** off if he doesn't want to do that role."

If you want to keep Sullivan, get a better ****ing Assistant Coach. The lack of traction there leads to me being frustrated because Sullivan could be a legendary coach, but without someone to play devils advocate for the **** he says, he's just going to come off as an angry tyrant like his mentor.

There’s a difference between being a good boss and being a boss.

Ultimately, Malkin and Kessel are the employees if they want to pout or pull the type of shit they have the past ten games I’d expect every “boss” to rip into them.

There is a way of going about it. Maybe Sullivan is doing it wrong, judging by his quotes and interview I do not think he is.

The players that have had “reported” issues outside of Sprong all seem like non-factors to me. Sprong is a weird situation, and I’m curious to see how the Riikola situation develops. I’ll criticize him when I have enough ammo to criticize him and not hearsay.

It is why managers make bad HR professionals typically, because they don’t look at both sides or assume the employee or them is always right.

If Tocchet is the glue that holds things together he sure is doing a swell job in Arizona.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don’t think it is walking anything back.

Let’s remember the websites owner of the original article sexually harasses his employees and is an absolute clown.

I can confirm from watching the clips that he isn't taking anything back.

He never said Geno or Phil had said anything. He said that maybe the message didn't get through. That's the only sentence he said.

He did volunteer the information though, that's kinda obvious. Louis Jean said "Malkin and Kessel are in a slump and Pascal, who is coming back from the Burgh, has a theory why?"

Then Dupuis said his little sentence. He just put more meat on the bone here and gave it a spin that makes him look less stupid. But, yeah, he was clearly implying that the message doesn't get across to these guys. He was not taking a shot so to speak. These things happen. My employees are sick of me some time and I am sick of my boss and my boss is sick of me and so on so forth.

The problems are deeper, we all know. Phil is Phil and Geno is in a funk. Sully is a hard ass. That's not the real issue here.

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Ultimately, Malkin and Kessel are the employees if they want to pout or pull the type of **** they have the past ten games I’d expect every “boss” to rip into them.

There is a way of going about it. Maybe Sullivan is doing it wrong, judging by his quotes and interview I do not think he is.

The players that have had “reported” issues outside of Sprong all seem like non-factors to me. Sprong is a weird situation, and I’m curious to see how the Riikola situation develops. I’ll criticize him when I have enough ammo to criticize him and not hearsay.

It is why managers make bad HR professionals typically, because they don’t look at both sides or assume the employee or them is always right.

If Tocchet is the glue that holds things together he sure is doing a swell job in Arizona.

When you've had more evidence on Riikola?

Have you been completely blind and ignorant to what has gone on this season if you just focus on him, and him alone?

This is the issue I have, which is why I call you a Sullivan apologist. Because as much as I don't want to hate Sullivan, there are people like you that have enough evidence to see that he does that sort of shit and yet, you want more examples.

Yes, ruin more prospects to really drive that point home. Maybe when Hallander comes over or whomever else and he benches them for no reason for weeks on end, you'll be like "Well hey, that Sullivan guy sure has stupid ideas about using youth, but hey, remember he gave Zar that opportunity!"

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Ultimately, Malkin and Kessel are the employees if they want to pout or pull the type of **** they have the past ten games I’d expect every “boss” to rip into them.

The Yotes aren't a very talented team, that's where I think your argument is a bit skewed. Also Tocchet may be better as an assistant, I think he better slots in there. It's all about finding the best fit and chemistry even as it pertains to coaches.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
When Pascal Dupuis, possibly every coaches wet dream, suggests that there's a communication problem between Sullivan and Malkin/Kessel, people ought to listen. Particularly when the team has been underperforming and the coach has been turfing quality players of late.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think the Botterill impact is much more obvious. Tocchet was the supposed “Kessel whistler” yet Kessel has a career year here without him?
I don't think you can define everything by stats, sure it's a huge variable to consider, but as time has gone on things are worsening. The farther we get away from the Tocchet era the more we're ''hearing'' about in team friction.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
The Yotes aren't a very talented team, that's where I think your argument is a bit skewed. Also Tocchet may be better as an assistant, I think he better slots in there. It's all about finding the best fit and chemistry even as it pertains to coaches.

The Yotes should be a good team. Injuries have messed with that. But Tocchet has been pretty bad in both his experiences as a head coach.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I've known these things about Sullly for quite some time, after Tocchet left such things have become very obvious. Regardless of what PD said, and I do agree with him, this friction within the team has been prevalent. I can't believe anyone who avidly follows this team would remotely question it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
When you've had more evidence on Riikola?

Have you been completely blind and ignorant to what has gone on this season if you just focus on him, and him alone?

This is the issue I have, which is why I call you a Sullivan apologist. Because as much as I don't want to hate Sullivan, there are people like you that have enough evidence to see that he does that sort of **** and yet, you want more examples.

Yes, ruin more prospects to really drive that point home. Maybe when Hallander comes over or whomever else and he benches them for no reason for weeks on end, you'll be like "Well hey, that Sullivan guy sure has stupid ideas about using youth, but hey, remember he gave Zar that opportunity!"

You realize Pettersson is the youngest D on our roster and is playing every night? ;)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Yotes should be a good team. Injuries have messed with that. But Tocchet has been pretty bad in both his experiences as a head coach.
And that speaks to what I said about being properly slotted into a spot. He's probably better as an assistant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad