Speculation: The all-purpose Claude Noel job security discussion thread

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
This 4 game road trip's key.

Jets go 1-4 or worse and i see Noel fired. 90% certain of that.
Jets go 3-1 or better: Noel's not getting the axe until the all star break.
Jet go 2-2? this debate continues.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
This 4 game road trip's key.

Jets go 1-4 or worse and i see Noel fired.

If Noel somehow manages to lose more than 4 games on a 4 game road trip, then I agree he has to be fired. Same thing if he overworks his guys by making them play 5 games on that same 4 game trip. And if Pavelic plays those 5 games, then all the more reason to whack him.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Certainly a possibility. Played for several years with the Jets back in the 80s (and with the Moose in the 90s).

According to wiki his permanent residence is in Winnipeg.

Of course his one and a half years with Columbus didn't exactly cover him with glory, and I don't know if we want to go and hire two former Blue Jackets coaches in a row.

Yeah, another guy with ties to TNSE - not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think the owners should trust their GM enough to find the right coach. Meddlesome owners never hurt a team though, right? :sarcasm:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If Noel somehow manages to lose more than 4 games on a 4 game road trip, then I agree he has to be fired. Same thing if he overworks his guys by making them play 5 games on that same 4 game trip. And if Pavelic plays those 5 games, then all the more reason to whack him.

:laugh:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Pretty sure that if we bring home 2 points or less from these 4 games, Noel is gone.

Three game break after the trip before the next game is a nice break to get someone new in.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Pretty sure that if we bring home 2 points or less from these 4 games, Noel is gone.

Three game break after the trip before the next game is a nice break to get someone new in.

We could get 0 points from this 4 game road trip and Noel won't be fired. TNSE does not make rash decisions, if Noel is fired it will be around American Thanks giving or Christmas.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
someone should start mining those lozenges that Noel is sucking on...pretty sure he is creating diamonds at this point.

seasontixholder*

If you believe Lawless, he said on the radio today that there is no way Noel gets fired and True North is not going on that path right now.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
If you believe Lawless, he said on the radio today that there is no way Noel gets fired and True North is not going on that path right now.

I'm not sure how to take Lawless, sometimes he's a windbag, and yet other times he does seem to have a knack for calling the situation with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

I'm not sure how close his ties are to TNSE, but knowing what I know about that organization, I really do believe Noel is safe for the entire season, assuming the team doesn't drop 20 straight or something.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Just thought it was about time we brought this thread back up to the top :)

I was fortunate enough to score a ticket right behind the Hawk's bench and spend a lot of time watching Noel to see exactly what he does. Simple answer, absolutely nothing. Quenneville was so much more involved. Other than the very rare occasion that he scolds and de-motivates someone, Noel does sweet bugger all. He doesn't even talk to the team during time outs.

He has failed to deliver a system that the team plays effectively and consistently, he has failed by all appearances to connect with players, he does not appear to have the players ready and motivated.

At least there was a point I found him folksy and enjoyed his press conferences. Now I just find him annoying.

If we are going to have a mediocre team, I at least want one that is coached to work their butts off to try to win, not to watch an indecisive team that is coached not to lose. Time to say good bye to Claude.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011

I believe Lawless, I have no doubt his tenure with the Jets is coming to an end but IMO they will finish the season with him.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think that the Jets have some structural problems in the make-up of their team. I could see one or two of their core players traded to restructure the team and system before they look at a coaching change. That is unless they believe that this core of players is substantially under-performing due mostly to Noel's coaching.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I think that the Jets have some structural problems in the make-up of their team. I could see one or two of their core players traded to restructure the team and system before they look at a coaching change. That is unless they believe that this core of players is substantially under-performing due mostly to Noel's coaching.

It makes WAY more sense to change the coach before you start trading away core players. I don't think Noel has really done anything to deserve people giving him the benefit of the doubt and letting him stay while moving other pieces.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I want Noel gone because it doesn't ever look like he well...coaches. He shows barely any emotion on the bench at all, he doesn't seem to draw up plays and players end up in his doghouse for no discernible reason.

I was at the game last night and did not notice anything Devin Setoguchi could have done to deserve getting benched last night like he did, my guess is that Noel just does not like Devin Setoguchi. I'm guessing he didn't particularly like Alexander Burmistrov either, I used to actually blame Burmi for that incident and assumed that he must have done something, but now I'm not so certain of that.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
was it me or did Claude sound pretty lost and unsure today?

Who wouldn't be coaching this bunch, on any given night you have about 5 players that actually show up, Ladd, Little every game and a guessing game on who the other 3 are for the games after that.

Wheeler has been MIA so much he should refund his pay cheques to TNSE.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

We have structural problems, starting from ownership down :help:

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Im so tired of Noel being portrayed as the victim of a bad team instead of the other way around. TSN/NHLN have held him up as guy with the short end of the stick. Its amazing to me that national media thinks the team is the reason the coach is failing.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Im so tired of Noel being portrayed as the victim of a bad team instead of the other way around. TSN/NHLN have held him up as guy with the short end of the stick. Its amazing to me that national media thinks the team is the reason the coach is failing.

Or maybe this team is over achieving with Noel at the helm, Ladd, Little, Buff, anyone else jump at you as consistently bringing it every night or with any compete.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00