The All Encompassing This Team is Broken / Trade Everyone / Fire Everyone Thread

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Team as a whole has been below average defensively, and our goalies haven't been able to compensate for it. Only way this team is able to win games consistently at this rateis by scoring 4-5 goals every single game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder who they would honestly go with GM.

Revisit Doug Maclean?

tenor.gif

;)
image.jpg

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Honestly, would anyone really be that upset if they just continued at this pace and got the top pick?

One year to set up the next 15 with Crosby - lite.

I would be upset yes. Sid and Geno are still currently in their prime, but that window is quickly closing. I want to see this team win as many championships possible within that time frame. It bugs me knowing that we could easily have won at least 5 of them during the Sid/Geno era...

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder who they would honestly go with GM.

Revisit Doug Maclean?

Oh for ***** sake. Just ******* shoot me already.

He was past his prime 12 years ago, but I wonder how the Craig Patrick of 25-30 years ago would've navigated the Sid/Geno era. Does he take Staal in 2006? Is he more or less proactive when it comes to trades? How patient is he with a Bylsma?

Anyway, no . . . not Doug Mclean. The guy is a ******* moron.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Oh for ***** sake. Just ******* shoot me already.

He was past his prime 12 years ago, but I wonder how the Craig Patrick of 25-30 years ago would've navigated the Sid/Geno era. Does he take Staal in 2006? Is he more or less proactive when it comes to trades? How patient is he with a Bylsma?

Anyway, no . . . not Doug Mclean. The guy is a ******* moron.

I mean, he is now a scout with the Pens.

Maybe CP is coming back.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly, would anyone really be that upset if they just continued at this pace and got the top pick?

One year to set up the next 15 with Crosby - lite.

I'm not sure how they sell Sid and Geno on that.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't think so. BUT, if Mario suddenly loses faith in all of them, CP may be among those with whom he consults.
Yeah CP might be here only to get behind the scenes so Mario knows what's actually f***ed up with the team.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
GM... Billy G

Coach... Vigneault... Understand offensive hockey instead of chip and chase BS

Assistant... Therrien... Would love to see him rip this team

Assistant... Matt Cullen... Its time and his knowledge is elite

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Not to worry everyone... our problems are over, dudes.

Mike Yeo just got his walking papers in St. Louis.

EDIT: Hahahaha... geez how did I miss that from @Pens1566

Great minds and all that!

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
The defense is the primary problem. The Schultz injury is what broke the team, but the foundation was weak to begin with.

While yes, we had a mishmash of castoffs at d when we won our cups, the common denominator was players who could break it out of our zone. Letang, Schultz, and Daley were all exceptional at it. But then we lost Daley and failed to replace his skill set. Schultz is out long term. Letang is the only one left who can break out anymore. So we spend a lot of time in our zone, or we bounce out pucks that our forwards can't do anything with and it turns into a nothing play.

And that doesn't even address the individual glaring problems with all of our healthy d save two.

And that's before we get into the Bylsma 2.0 coaching, the impotent depth scoring, or Matt Murray animorphing into a block of swiss cheese.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad