The All Encompassing Tank/Rebuild/Tankers GDT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
At the TDL I would look to trading Franson, Bozak, Lupul, Winnik, Reimer, Booth for picks. Franson, bozak and Lupul can all get 1sts. Winnik a 2nd and booth, meh. I would actually consider resigning him. He would be cheap and I think he could be more valuable a season later in an expanded role. Reimer could get us a 3rd+4th.

At the off season we trade Phaneuf +Kessel for real assests.

I.e. phaneuf for ROR
Kessel for Jones+ (although I don't see Nashville making this trade anymore)

And so the rebuild begins! Although with guys like JVR, Bernier, Rielly, Nylander, ROR, Jones, Kadri... We wouldn't exactly be starting from scratch

Last edited:

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
**** man... If there is a fan base in NHL that ever deserves McDavid, it is us. :(

We've put up with nothing but **** through the toughest of times (Oilers had Gretzky at one time, and they even went on cup finals too in 2007).

**** this crap. Now I'm just sad. :(

I think we'll probably end up with a 6% chance to win the lottery. You never know man .

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think it will be more beneficial for the Leafs to have McDavid.

Reasoning: the faster (via drafting/rebuilding) the Leafs get better and start consistently making the playoffs is the better for everyone. It's better for the NHL, it's better for the NHLPA and it's better for overall financial gains. If the most valuable franchise makes money - everyone makes money.

Putting McDavid in Toronto would be a no brainer.

therefore. the Lottery Ball WILL fall our way, Right, Gary? :D

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
There will be a bigger market for Kessel/Pylon when the season is over. A lot of contending teams and playoff teams don't want to give up assets till the end of the season.. Although I do hope something happens. This team is atrocious and a disgrace to the Maple Leaf. That leaf is about 100% heart,effort and using your skill for the betterment of yourself,for your coach, your teammates,fans and organization. If you can't provide and atleast give an effort night in and night out. I see know reason for you to be with us.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not sure how long this team will keep losing at this pace, but I wonder if they make deals at the deadline if it will wake the team up?
But really anything might wake this team up.

I'd rather take the risk and start moving guys out. Would rather hope it just further deflates it as they realize it's over this time.

officialmark*

The NHL better rig the draft for the most important franchise in the history of the league. Instead he will go to Arizona to save Bettmans terrible decisions.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Avs win in shootout.

We're sitting with the 9th pick at the moment.

1. Buffalo
  2. Edmonton
  3. Arizona
  4. Carolina
  5. NJ
  6. Columbus
  7. Philadelphia
  8. Minnesota
  9. Toronto
  10. Ottawa

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Avs win in shootout.

We're sitting with the 9th pick at the moment.

1. Buffalo
  2. Edmonton
  3. Arizona
  4. Carolina
  5. NJ
  6. Columbus
  7. Philadelphia
  8. Minnesota
  9. Toronto
  10. Ottawa

Shiiieeettttt, dunno how we are going to pass Columbus now. What on Earth are Philly and Minnesota doing?? how are they so bad!

TorNsh*

Trade Deadline:
- Trade Lupul to LA for a late 1st
- Reimer to Arizona for a 2nd round pick
- Waive Booth and Smith

Draft:
- Select one of Marner (C)/Strome (C)/Zacha (C) with Toronto's pick (top 10 projected)
- Select Nicolas Meloche with LA's late 1st round pick (bottom 5 projected)
- Select BPA (high-risk player) with Arizona's 2nd round pick

Off-Season:
- Re-sign Kadri (5 x 5m)
- Re-sign Santorelli (3 x 3m)
- Re-sign Winnik (2 x 2.5m)
- Re-sign Bernier (5 x 5m)
- Re-sign Franson (3 x 5m)
- Sign Williams (2 x 5.5m)
- Trade Kessel for Ekman-Larsson + Joe Vitale
- Trade Gardiner + Holland for O'Reilly
- Bring in Babcock as head coach

2015-2016

JVR - ROR - Williams
Nylander - Kadri - Zacha
Komarov - Bozak - Santorelli
Winnik - Vitale - Clarkson

OEL - Phaneuf
Rielly - Franson
Percy - Polak

Bernier
Bibeau

Babcock

Prospects:
- Pavel Zacha
- William Nylander
- Nicolas Meloche
- Stuart Percy
- 2nd round BPA selection (ARZ pick)
- Joshua Leivo
- Connor Brown
- Andreas Johnson
- Frederik Gauthier
- Matt Finn

NOTES:
- Top line consists of very responsible, 200ft players with NHL experience and a hard working mentality in ROR, JVR and Williams
- 2nd line sports youth and offensive flair; will be susceptible to mistakes and growing pains but the upside is huge
- Add Justin Williams: Mr. Game 7, 3 cup rings, 1 Conn Smythe, 33 Y/O; epitome of experience/leadership
- Strong faceoff group: Vitale 58.4% on career, Bozak currently 6th in NHL F/O wins this season (2nd in total F/O's), Kadri currently 10th in NHL F/O wins this season, and ROR
- New core, more dependent on it's deep spine of centre's and young, high-end PMD, but less on it's one dimensional wingers like the old core
- Defensively responsible forwards on every line
- Wilson: "Toronto needs one or two more top pairing defenseman" - add OEL (low-end #1 with massive upside)
- Above average #1 goalie, two low end #1 defenseman (potentially 3 with Rielly), and a low end #1 C
- 4th line C slot is filled with a recently signed Vitale
- Would love to see Methot in somewhere on the left side, but cap-wise it wouldn't work
- Prospect pool gets a huge spark with 3 prospects coming out of the first two rounds in an extremely deep draft

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
There's only one problem with that la is up against the cap, they can't afford lupul, secondly they have no interests given how they have gaborik.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Yeah.

Let's invest $10.5M in Santorelli, Winnik and Clarkson.

I have no problems signing santo and Winnik as long as it's within reason.

Santo- he's a useful player that does everything well and can play any role, guys like him are valuable. To me he's worth 3-3.5m/3 years, if he wants any more then trade him for assets.

Winnik- I like what he brings to the table but imo guys like him are a dime a dozen too, there are the kind of players we have in our system. At most I'd pay him 1.5m over 2 years, he wants anymore then he can take a hike.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Trade Deadline:
- Trade Lupul to LA for a late 1st
- Reimer to Arizona for a 2nd round pick
- Waive Booth and Smith

Draft:
- Select one of Marner (C)/Strome (C)/Zacha (C) with Toronto's pick (top 10 projected)
- Select Nicolas Meloche with LA's late 1st round pick (bottom 5 projected)
- Select BPA (high-risk player) with Arizona's 2nd round pick

Off-Season:
- Re-sign Kadri (5 x 5m)
- Re-sign Santorelli (3 x 3m)
- Re-sign Winnik (2 x 2.5m)
- Re-sign Bernier (5 x 5m)
- Re-sign Franson (3 x 5m)
- Sign Williams (2 x 5.5m)
- Trade Kessel for Ekman-Larsson + Joe Vitale
- Trade Gardiner + Holland for O'Reilly
- Bring in Babcock as head coach

2015-2016

JVR - ROR - Williams
Nylander - Kadri - Zacha
Komarov - Bozak - Santorelli
Winnik - Vitale - Clarkson

OEL - Phaneuf
Rielly - Franson
Percy - Polak

Bernier
Bibeau

Babcock

NOTES:
- Top line consists of very responsible, 200ft players with NHL experience and a hard working mentality in ROR, JVR and Williams
- 2nd line sports youth and offensive flair; will be susceptible to mistakes and growing pains but the upside is huge
- Add Justin Williams: Mr. Game 7, 3 cup rings, 1 Conn Smythe, 33 Y/O; epitome of experience/leadership
- Strong faceoff group: Vitale 58.4% on career, Bozak currently 6th in NHL F/O wins this season (2nd in total F/O's), Kadri currently 10th in NHL F/O wins this season, and ROR who is a mule in the dot
- New core, more dependent on it's deep spine of centre's and young, high-end PMD, but less on it's one dimensional wingers like the old core
- Defensively responsible forwards on every line
- Wilson: "Toronto needs one or two more top pairing defenseman" - add OEL (low-end #1 with massive upside)
- Above average #1 goalie, two low end #1 defenseman (potentially 3 with Rielly), and a low end #1 C
- 4th line C is filled with a recently signed Vitale

TRADE DEADLINE: I like the Lupul trade. Arizona won't want Reimer, Mike Smith is better.

DRAFT: Down with the draft picks.

OFFSEASON: Down to resign Kadri, Bernier. Not down for Santa or Winnik unless we get them for a really good deal, would rather see 1 or both moved at the deadline. Franson should definitely be moved at the deadline. Signing Williams is a 'win-now move', unless you get him long term at a reasonable cap hit to bring a veteran presence. Arizona won't move OEL at this point, they're rebuilding. Nashville might do Jones for Kessel depending on how the Playoffs go. O'Reilly will demand a king's random when he turns UFA, don't know if I'm willing to give him 7 million/year. Also, don't think Gardiner/Holland is enough. Maybe Gardiner/Bozak. And besides, Bozak is paid far too much to be a #3 C. That's what I see.

TorNsh*

There's only one problem with that la is up against the cap, they can't afford lupul, secondly they have no interests given how they have gaborik.
Yeah, I chose them largely because they've brought on their fair share of injury prone players in the past, with Gaborik being a prime example. Either way, it doesn't have to be LA, just a high-end contender with a late 1st rounder to spare, or an early 2nd rounder, which is probably more realistic.

TRADE DEADLINE: I like the Lupul trade. Arizona won't want Reimer, Mike Smith is better.
Smith is arguably the worst starting goalie in the NHL this year. Recent reports say they're looking to get younger, so adding a 26 Y/O 2A goalie gives them reliable depth.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I have no problems signing santo and Winnik as long as it's within reason.

Santo- he's a useful player that does everything well and can play any role, guys like him are valuable. To me he's worth 3-3.5m/3 years, if he wants any more then trade him for assets.

Winnik- I like what he brings to the table but imo guys like him are a dime a dozen too, there are the kind of players we have in our system. At most I'd pay him 1.5m over 2 years, he wants anymore then he can take a hike.

You DON'T spend almost $11M on a third line!!!

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
That's just it tho, santo isn't always on the 3rd line, neither is Winnik actually. Besides, the majority of that money is spent on clarkson anyways.

Santorelli is awesome but both he and Winnik are filling in as top 6 guys on a team that's gone 3-14 in the last 17.

Winnik is AT BEST a 3rd line forward.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Santorelli is awesome but both he and Winnik are filling in as top 6 guys on a team that's gone 3-14 in the last 17.

Winnik is AT BEST a 3rd line forward.

I agree, he's a 3-4th line guy which is why I said I woudlnt give him more then 1.5 which is fair imo, mc clement was making 1.1m here last year as a 4th liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad