The All Encompassing Tank/Rebuild/Tankers GDT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Mods seem to be trigger happy on that subject all of a sudden. I need to learn to keep my pro tank feelings to myself then. Or come to this thread

Honestly it is what it is. Anyone who isn't pro tank at this point is looking for a Pipedream quickfix and wants a team with so many issues to make the playoffs.

Let's be smart about this. Just......lose. That's it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Funny thing is, tanking is pro Leafs talk. Different ways to play the game. Its what is needed, and the best option for long term success. Leafs are playing chess, but to afraid to sacrifice a pawn for the greater good. As long as they have this mentality they will never win the game.

Don't get me started. people go tanking is evil, or blah blah blah or it's not guaranteed. and i'm like - call it whatever you want. the Leafs not doing well = changes being made, (like you said).

(shrug). whatever.
hopefully we're in agood spot to get agood player, then changes out.

Mods seem to be trigger happy on that subject all of a sudden. I need to learn to keep my pro tank feelings to myself then. Or come to this thread

here is a good place. :)

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Don't get me started. people go tanking is evil, or blah blah blah or it's not guaranteed. and i'm like - call it whatever you want. the Leafs not doing well = changes being made, (like you said).

(shrug). whatever.
hopefully we're in agood spot to get agood player, then changes out.

here is a good place. :)

:) tanking is the only solution in my eyes, but it seems like we will never do bad enoigh for those high picks

Lmao as soon as I leave the house I see they scored 5 seconds into the 3rd shorthanded... Should have had more faith. Leafs gonna leaf!

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Leafs do no favours winning games at this point. Bernier was doing fine with, what, 32 shots until the bad goals? So what....

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What's happening?! I had to walk my dog and shovel all the damn (but kind of welcome) snow, missed everything so far, 114 foot goal?! Totes scored from their blue line??

Bernier with some timely goaltending for the tank. One really soft goal, and then just a soft go ahead goal by Arizona. All Good for the tankers.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Honestly it is what it is. Anyone who isn't pro tank at this point is looking for a Pipedream quickfix and wants a team with so many issues to make the playoffs.

Let's be smart about this. Just......lose. That's it.
:handclap:

Makes sense. I still say goaltending is not the issue despite the flukey goals. Their D and overrated offense is a mess. They need a high pick, as close to 1st overall as possible. They also need more than just one pick in the first round, if possible, and some other picks - in the 2nd round and/or prospects as well.

I'd keep JVR and a few others - the rest I'd say adios. But, the franchise won't do it, unfortunately. Fans will see a few moves but nothing drastic. It will just be for show. Well, maybe they'll lose despite this avoidance of a deliberate tank?

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
gzrct.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad