TV: The All - Encompassing Star Trek Thread. Debate Long + Prosper

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It may be significant to you. It doesn't mean anything to me. In fact, being so well connected that he's already watched the entire season twice just makes me suspicious. People who are granted special early screenings tend to gush about what they saw. Also, he sounds like someone who exaggerates for attention. Even if he really did love it, though, that doesn't mean that everyone who hated the previous seasons will. If you want to get excited over his opinion, you're more than welcome to, but just don't expect the rest of us to.
He's seen stuff from other tv shows and movies in the past that he has not been thrilled about. He and John Campea just happen to know people in the industry. Plus John Rocha said last month or so in his Hot Mic show with Jeff Sneider (another really well connected guy, who surprisingly isn't a fan of of the stuff he leaks), that John's wife Ann Campea works for Marvel, which would explain why he gets to see a lot of stuff that's probably "passed around the office".

Side note, RMB has also read the Secret Invasion script and he thought it was really good, hence his excitement for that show.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He's seen stuff from other tv shows and movies in the past that he has not been thrilled about. He and John Campea just happen to know people in the industry. Plus John Rocha said last month or so in his Hot Mic show with Jeff Snieder (another really well connected guy, who surprisingly isn't a fan of of the stuff he leaks), that John's wife Ann Campea works for Marvel, which would explain why he gets to see a lot of stuff that's probably "passed around the office".

Side note, RMB has also read the Secret Invasion script and he thought it was really good, hence his excitement for that show.
he also broke the Star Trek 4 trouble about a week before others had it

Reactions: Jussi

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I honestly don't care how good season 3 of Picard is, I have no plan on watching it. The show lost me and I'm not going to watch the garbage just to catch up to season 3.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I honestly don't care how good season 3 of Picard is, I have no plan on watching it. The show lost me and I'm not going to watch the garbage just to catch up to season 3.
Oh you will watch it. HFBoards posters are sheep, if someone says something is good, against expectations, "BAAAAAAH" and the herd will follow suit.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Oh you will watch it. HFBoards posters are sheep, is someone says something is good, against expectations, "BAAAAAAH" and the herd will follow suit.
That seems ironic, considering that you're always posting when someone (John Campea, one of his guests, Robert Meyer Burnett, etc.) says that something is good in order to get yourself and others hyped up.

Last edited:

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I really tried. The writing on this show made me nope out almost immediately.

Reactions: Blender

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Yes. When it's you being influenced by others, it's fine. When it's other people, they're sheep. I don't understand how you can act like you're better than everyone else for the silliest reasons, like watching a series because of good reviews, as if you've never done that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes. When it's you being influenced by others, it's fine. When it's other people, they're sheep. I don't understand how you can act like you're better than everyone else for the silliest reasons, like watching a series because of good reviews, as if you've never done that.
You really need to check up on your sarcasm meter too.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Oh you will watch it. HFBoards posters are sheep, if someone says something is good, against expectations, "BAAAAAAH" and the herd will follow suit.
I didn't finish season 1 and never watched season 2. So no.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
trying to rewatch enterprise now--whoever had the idea for the opening song--I hope dies a painful death.

They started off on the wrong path and lost the plot along the way

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
trying to rewatch enterprise now--whoever had the idea for the opening song--I hope dies a painful death.

They started off on the wrong path and lost the plot along the way
I actually think it got pretty good in the last two seasons. But the penultimate episode is the real finale, as far as I, and several crew members of the show, consider.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I actually think it got pretty good in the last two seasons. But the penultimate episode is the real finale, as far as I, and several crew members of the show, consider.
Both the actors who played Troi and Ryker have said that they really should not have done the show. One of the worst ending of all time

Reactions: oilers'72

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Long story that's not worth getting into but on another site I've bee watching through all the various Transformers cartoons over the years and currently I'm on the one from the late 2000s, the pertinent bit to this thread being that I found the episode I watched the other day was written by an Andrew Robinson.

Now sadly I checked it out and it's not the Andrew Robinson that's relevant to this thread, but just the name alone made me go back and watch one of my favorite bits of Trek ever that featured him

I love that scene and that whole episode.

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
Read yesterday that Paramount is making decisions about future of Trek on the network and that changes are coming. Expected this one immediately. I've seen every episode of Discovery and will watch the final season. The show never really resonated with me. Glad we got SNW out of it.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Read yesterday that Paramount is making decisions about future of Trek on the network and that changes are coming. Expected this one immediately. I've seen every episode of Discovery and will watch the final season. The show never really resonated with me. Glad we got SNW out of it.

Happy it's ending. My reasons for not liking the show have nothing to do with the more common complaints, it's more that why go back to an era that's already been covered and mess around with everything?

Reactions: Mimsy and Seedtype

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Paramount stock dives ∼30% in one day. Dividend cut.

Paramount Plus streaming service losses are increasing: 511M loss this quarter. Comparatively it lost 456M in Q1 last year.

Wells Fargo stock analyst suggest the streaming service should be shut down.

It's weird they're doing so poorly given what a massive success these new Star Trek shows have been.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm going to assume that this is sarcasm. :laugh:
They are actually very popular among new viewers. Discovery was on Netflix in Europe and was constantly among the top 10 most watched shows.

Paramount stock dives ∼30% in one day. Dividend cut.

Paramount Plus streaming service losses are increasing: 511M loss this quarter. Comparatively it lost 456M in Q1 last year.

Wells Fargo stock analyst suggest the streaming service should be shut down.

It's weird they're doing so poorly given what a massive success these new Star Trek shows have been.
That's the issue, they're not on Paramount+. Discovery was on Netflix for 3ish seasons. Picard was on Prime Video.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
They are actually very popular among new viewers. Discovery was on Netflix in Europe and was constantly among the top 10 most watched shows.

That's the issue, they're not on Paramount+. Discovery was on Netflix for 3ish seasons. Picard was on Prime Video.
Netflix/Amazon paid for the shows. They're still losing tons of money on them despite that.

Discovery has no pop culture relevancy at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad