Speculation: The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

• Thread starter SchennSational1022*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nothing to be had around Jake Gardiner + for Sean Couturier?

I honestly would think about it at the draft. If we get a chance to draft Drouin, it would make me soften my stance on not trading Couturier. I'm just not sure if I could fully go ahead with trading Couturier though. It's a tough call.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Source: Sam Charchidi @BroadStBull

I surely do hope he's not ************ the media like usual. If Homer wants to keep his job, he better not do anything stupid.

Also, hopefully Snider has the sense to not force the hand of Homer by trying to push some kind of last ditch effort to save this season that would ruin the team for the future.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I surely do hope he's not ************ the media like usual. If Homer wants to keep his job, he better not do anything stupid.

Also, hopefully Snider has the sense to not force the hand of Homer by trying to push some kind of last ditch effort to save this season that would ruin the team for the future.

I think Snider's more worrisome right now IMO.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Beaulieu really, but not at the price of Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek, Hartnell, Read, Couturier, Schenn, Schenn, Grossmann, or Coburn.

Well you won't get beaulieu without one of those take out the schenn bros they won't be split the d-men we don't need and I'm not high so I know Giroux isn't possible but I'm sure we can come to a deal for one of the others obviously we add a bit to beaulieu

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
What are Montreals biggest needs?

It's not a secret but we lack grit, in our top 6, our bottom 6 and our D

Especially now with the new divisions we are most likely gonna play the bruins and leafs much more often so this need is pressing for us.

From what I know you guys lack D right? Offensive or defensive?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
It's not a secret but we lack grit, in our top 6, our bottom 6 and our D

Especially now with the new divisions we are most likely gonna play the bruins and leafs much more often so this need is pressing for us.

From what I know you guys lack D right? Offensive or defensive?

I don't know I just don't see a deal to be made. I am not sold on Beaulieu quite yet either. We don't really have any gritty bottom 6ers besides Rinaldo.

I would think Coburn could help your d out, but it's not necessarily needed. It would cost you beaulieu+1st probably for him to, so you wouldn't be interested.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I don't know I just don't see a deal to be made. I am not sold on Beaulieu quite yet either. We don't really have any gritty bottom 6ers besides Rinaldo.

I would think Coburn could help your d out, but it's not necessarily needed. It would cost you beaulieu+1st probably for him to, so you wouldn't be interested.

Yeah not really the D is more depth but what about Simmons? He's perfect for our needs

Would beaulieu+1st + either 2nd/your choice or prospects (not tinordi)

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yeah not really the D is more depth but what about Simmons? He's perfect for our needs

I don't think there is a chance we move Simmonds. He plays the way Philadelphia loves, and is still improving.

Your offer is actually decent, but just don't want to move a young power forward who just came off a 28 goal season.

We have a smurf that would look good on your team though ;)

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I don't think there is a chance we move Simmonds. He plays the way Philadelphia loves, and is still improving.

Your offer is actually decent, but just don't want to move a young power forward who just came off a 28 goal season.

We have a smurf that would look good on your team though ;)

Hahaha we want them gone no room for that here ;)

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Well you won't get beaulieu without one of those take out the schenn bros they won't be split the d-men we don't need and I'm not high so I know Giroux isn't possible but I'm sure we can come to a deal for one of the others obviously we add a bit to beaulieu

How much is a bit?

That's pretty close to the rumored Flyers' "untouchable list" that a respectable poster with history of success mentioned having heard it from an insider.

You're going to have to fork over a lot more than Beaulieu for anyone on that list.

Simmonds might be one of the hardest to get from that list so I don't think so.

Truth is Beaulieu is hardly proven enough to be the real center piece to get anyone on that list unless you add substantially. You might be looking around something like Laughton, but Montreal doesn't need Laughton.

Beaulieu + late 1st might get you Coburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad