• Thread starter SchennSational1022*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
How much is a bit?

That's pretty close to the rumored Flyers' "untouchable list" that a respectable poster with history of success mentioned having heard it from an insider.

You're going to have to fork over a lot more than Beaulieu for anyone on that list.

Simmonds might be one of the hardest to get from that list so I don't think so.

No clearly I know that just beaulieu would be the main piece, apart from tinordi you pick the prospect and a first is what I'm thinking

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
No clearly I know that just beaulieu would be the main piece, apart from tinordi you pick the prospect and a first is what I'm thinking

Beaulieu + 1st for Coburn or Read I'd do. Maybe Hartnell or Grossmann, but those two are iffy.

I don't know if the organization would though.

I wouldn't do that package Simmonds, Voracek, Giroux, Schenns, or Couturier. In fact, I wouldn't inquire about any of them unless you're talking Subban (even if the Flyers have to add).

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Beaulieu + 1st for Coburn or Read I'd do. Maybe Hartnell or Grossmann, but those two are iffy.

I don't know if the organization would though.

I wouldn't do that package Simmonds, Voracek, Giroux, Schenns, or Couturier. In fact, I wouldn't inquire about any of them unless you're talking Subban.

Would you consider Simmonds if we add a guy like Eller or DD?

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Would you consider Simmonds if we add a guy like Eller or DD?

No. We don't need Eller or DD. The only deal I could think of is involving Simmonds+ for Subban, and I don't think the organization would be willing to make that + anything really substantial. So really, there's no deal to be made involving Simmonds to Montreal.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
No. We don't need Eller or DD. The only deal I could think of is involving Simmonds+ for Subban, and I don't think the organization would be willing to make that + anything really substantial.

Yeah but for us the + would have to be I mean I want Simmonds really badly but PK is a much better player and asset (no offense)

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah but for us the + would have to be I mean I want Simmonds really badly but PK is a much better player and asset (no offense)

He's definitely a decent amount better, but he's not "much" better.

I see Simmonds as a top line winger even if he's only a 50-point forward because of everything he brings. I think he's definitely better than Hartnell.

I see Subban as a top pairing defenseman, not a true #1 guy yet if it all.

D is obviously more valuable hence why Simmonds+.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
He's definitely better, but he's not "much" better.

I see Simmonds as a top line winger even if he's only a 50-point forward because of everything he brings. I think he's definitely better than Hartnell.

I see Subban as a top pairing defenseman, not a true #1 guy yet if it all.

D is obviously more valuable hence why Simmonds+.

The plus would have to be your first though and that will never happen so I guess we really aren't good trading partners

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
The plus would have to be your first though and that will never happen so I guess we really aren't good trading partners

Yeah probably would have to be our 1st, but the Flyers wouldn't do that, and Montreal wouldn't if we lowered it to a 2nd.

I don't think Simmonds to Montreal is a realistic possibility at this point in time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Based on my conversations with NHL clubs, consensus top 3 college free agents are: DeKeyser, D, WMU; Sustr, D, UNO; Laganiere, RW, Yale.
DeKeyser generally considered to be head and shoulders No. 1 guy in this college UFA class, which is considered average, at best, this yr.

Source: Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
It's a shame DeKeyser is likely headed to Detroit, but...

Matt Gilroy was once the best thing since sliced bread...

Mike Testwuide was the same year as Erik Gustafsson...

Stephane Da Costa was the same year as Matt Read...

It's a crap shoot, and the top guy doesn't always end up the best.

Even so, I want DeKeyser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad