• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Coburn + for Big Buff?
Where do I sign?

Jake Gardiner for one of our own prospects would be sweet.

Next year we'd have:

Timonen - BB
Grossmann - Schenn
Gardiner - Meszaros

Gutafsson/Gervais

Me like.

I would like that too but there's no way Winnipeg would want Coburn in a trade. If they're trading defense they would more than likely want forward(s) coming back. I think there's a chance they move Buff next offseason. They'll probably need him for next year.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I don't know. He's pretty damned large for an athlete, especially a hockey player.

dustin-byfuglien.jpg
fat-dusty-buff.jpg
byfugliencourtroom.jpeg

He's like a football player. Fat, yet still in shape; meaning he can move around without gasping for air and a cheeseburger seconds later.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I remember watching HNIC a couple of weeks ago and they were talking about Big Buff and how he has the potential to be $7M guy in this league. They said he has all the physical tools you can have but his head is sometimes not in the game. They said if he could work on that he could be one the highest paid Dman in the league.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If we keep losing we should be taken right out of any "big named" players on the trading block thankfully. That is the only thing that will relieve me in this losing season(and maybe our draft pick). If we do continue to suck, our big moves will likely come right before, during or right after the draft.

I know this seems like common sense, but it won't stop the rumor morons from throwing our name out there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If we keep losing we should be taken right out of any "big named" players on the trading block thankfully. That is the only thing that will relieve me in this losing season(and maybe our draft pick). If we do continue to suck, our big moves will likely come right before, during or right after the draft.

I know this seems like common sense, but it won't stop the rumor mongols from throwing our name out there.

Until Homer walks up to the podium and announces our draft pick, I won't stop being scared he'll trade that 1st.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Until Homer walks up to the podium and announces our draft pick, I won't stop being scared he'll trade that 1st.

These next five games are extremely telling. If we do good in the games, I will be terrified for that pick, but if we go something like 1-4 we are done for good. Homer will hold onto that pick and wait to see what presents itself during the offseason IMO. If we have to include it for a stud young puck mover, I am all for it. Nothing else though.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
These next five games are extremely telling. If we do good in the games, I will be terrified for that pick, but if we go something like 1-4 we are done for good. Homer will hold onto that pick and wait to see what presents itself during the offseason IMO. If we have to include it for a stud young puck mover, I am all for it. Nothing else though.

The next 5 games? I'd say the next 2. If you go 0-2 these next 2, it doesn't really matter if you win the next 3, I'd say you're out of it. We'd be 8 points behind NJ and they'd have a game in hand against us.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Chicago is another team. I think the streak puts more pressure on them to win the cup.

Talbot is not an improvement over what Hawks currently have

Shaw + Kruger are younger/cheaper and playing better this year then Talbot who is honestly overated

Hawks are fine at #3/4 C especially if they somehow get a real #2 C and drop Bolland back into 3rd line C role

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Yeah this all but puts them out. Even if they win Friday, they haven't beaten a good team in a couple of weeks.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
One thing that I can not stand is with the Flyers playing so poorly why do we keep getting put into trade rumors about a premium puck moving defenseman? This is a move you make in the off season and not at the deadline as a team that is six spots out of being dead last.

Fresh34

Jun 25, 2012
PA
Gonna be really hard to make the playoffs now with this new alignment...

NHLReAlign.jpg

The top three teams in each division will make-up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference, based on regular-season points and regardless of division. It will be possible, then, for one division to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends three.

The seeding of the wild-card teams within each divisional playoff will be determined on the basis of regular-season points. The division winner with the most points in the conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the lowest number of points; the division winner with the second-most points in the conference will play the wild-card team with the second fewest points.

The teams finishing second and third in each division will play in the first round of the playoffs. The winners of each series will play for the divisional championship.

The two divisional champions in each conference will then play in the conference finals to advance to the Stanley Cup Final.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I think Lavi and Holmgren should be let go...Burke and Ruff are in the wings

Greg Brady via twitter: There are strong indications from Philadelphia this morning is that Peter Laviolette job is far from safe.

Randy Miller via twitter: Miller thinks a potential and perfect landing spot of Daniel Briere is with the Boston Bruins.

Randy Miller of the Courier Post: The Flyers are struggling and big changes could be on the horizon. It could a big trade or a coaching/GM change if Ed Snider gets fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad