Speculation: The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

• Thread starter SchennSational1022*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchennSational1022*

Dreger on Insider Trading said that San Jose were listening to offers for their players. He threw Dan Boyle's name out there. Said the Sharks would want a forward going back to them. He also actually threw out Jumbo Joe's name, but he even said he doesn't see that happening.

Also still think we should make one of these rumor threads a "all rumors/speculation" type threads that most other boards have.

I saw this and it was in the ROR thread. It makes sense for us to have a thread for not only flyer rumors but rumors around the NHL regarding other teams as well. Here's to hoping there's a few of these threads :handclap:

What would you give up for Boyle? I'm not sure if he's that great of a fit for our team, though.

EDIT: Can a MOD please add in speculation on the title also? Thanks.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
As an old wise user has stated:
"Also still think we should make one of these rumor threads a "all rumors/speculation" type threads that most other boards have." - Prongo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread will serve a purpose in keeping ALL the things from sources out there regarding movement involving the Flyers in ONE place on the board.

So we have ROR already being talked about.

San Jose moving pieces??

Carry on and keep the board clean :yo:

SchennSational1022*

WOW, I literally just made this same thread lol, but your title is better so hopefully the mods keep this one.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I heard this rumor that the Flyers' board got a new rumor thread for all rumors.

This is just speculation though.

Also Eklund said the same thing. Better take this one with a grain of salt.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Lol I have said it twice but never thought about even doing it myself.... :facepalm: Thank you for making the thread.

Dan Boyle is interesting, especially if we are in contention. Matt Read is a name I could see them wanting. They need wingers, but the team isn't even that bad. San Jose fans always panic when their team goes into a funk. I can see why though since they always are thrown into contention for the cup. Boyle would provide us with exactly what we need though, a puck moving dman. He has an alright shot and is okay at defense. He also can carry the puck into the offensive zone, which I don't think any of our defenseman can lol.

I posted this early in another thread but we need to go something like 17-11-3 in the last 31 games to reach the 55 point mark(Estimated number to make the playoffs). We really are one serious injury away from being a true lottery team. Shoot if the team keeps playing like it has most of the time(excluding the NYI game) we are a lottery team. An injury to Bryz or Giroux and we are in trouble. Also if that happens we probably wouldn't make a panic move because it's hard to replace players like them. As much as a lot of fans don't want to hear, we might be sellers come the deadline.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Lol I have said it twice but never thought about even doing it myself.... :facepalm: Thank you for making the thread.

Dan Boyle is interesting, especially if we are in contention. Matt Read is a name I could see them wanting. They need wingers, but the team isn't even that bad. San Jose fans always panic when their team goes into a funk. I can see why though since they always are thrown into contention for the cup. Boyle would provide us with exactly what we need though, a puck moving dman. He has an alright shot and is okay at defense. He also can carry the puck into the offensive zone, which I don't think any of our defenseman can lol.

I posted this early in another thread but we need to go something like 17-11-3 in the last 31 games to reach the 55 point mark(Estimated number to make the playoffs). We really are one serious injury away from being a true lottery team. Shoot if the team keeps playing like it has most of the time(excluding the NYI game) we are a lottery team. An injury to Bryz or Giroux and we are in trouble. Also if that happens we probably wouldn't make a panic move because it's hard to replace players like them. As much as a lot of fans don't want to hear, we might be sellers come the deadline.

Matt Read seems to be the little engine that could on this team, he reminds me of Kapanen... I wouldn't want to see him go, but for Boyle, if that can happen... then maybe I'd pull that trigger.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Matt Read seems to be the little engine that could on this team, he reminds me of Kapanen... I wouldn't want to see him go, but for Boyle, if that can happen... then maybe I'd pull that trigger.

Boyle also has another year at 6.6 million too. He wouldn't come cheap because of the points he puts up. I still think we wait till the off season to find our #1 defender. I think Homer will make a big splash and then sign a big named free agent.

Also Boyle is 36, we need to find ourselves a young kid we can grow a team around for the next 10 years.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Boyle also has another year at 6.6 million too. He wouldn't come cheap because of the points he puts up. I still think we wait till the off season to find our #1 defender. I think Homer will make a big splash and then sign a big named free agent.

Also Boyle is 36, we need to find ourselves a young kid we can grow a team around for the next 10 years.

agree, esp with how the season is gone.

I hope Gus can turn into a prime PMD maybe not a #1 but someone who can be relied on. I am not sure who we could target and that doesn't have a tag of 6.6:help: at that age.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Blow who we gotta blow to steal Pietro from the Blues.

I have been saying the same thing for months now. I would even entertain the idea of another offer sheet. Only with Pietrangelo though. His agent is the same as Doughty(Don Meehan) I believe. He could be looking for a huge pay day. I would pay one of Couts or Schenn plus much more for him. I feel he doesn't get enough love from national media because he plays on St Louis. Also St Louis only spends to 50 million(they have for the last 3 years), so they could run into some trouble, especially if they don't make the playoffs.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I'd even make a push for Shattenkirk - but who gets moved.

St. Lou has 4 D that will be RFA - I'm sure we can snag one!

I like Shatty also, but if we are going to try for one, go for Piety. Make it hard for them to say no on an offer. Piety is also a more rounded dman than Shatty. I also like Piety's size, but he really doesn't throw it around enough. Chris Pronger could help him with that ;

Like Kibbles said, we are dreaming right now though.

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
Just talked to a friend who's from St. Louis and is a Blues fan. He said he'd hand the keys to Pietro for the Scotttrade Center and say "you own the team" to keep him. Also said he doesn't see anyway the Blues let him leave this offseason, and since he lives in St. Louis I'll slap an E4 on that.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Just talked to a friend who's from St. Louis and is a Blues fan. He said he'd hand the keys to Pietro for the Scotttrade Center and say "you own the team" to keep him. Also said he doesn't see anyway the Blues let him leave this offseason, and since he lives in St. Louis I'll slap an E4 on that.

I talked to a few St Louis fans last year after the Weber offer sheet and they were legitimately scared because they know they don't have that type of money. Now with the new CBA, an offer sheet like the Weber one is out of the equation now. I said if they have trouble signing him and have problems trying to move him if things fall through, throw a big sheet at them. 60 million for 7 years or around there. It would be funny to watch Homer fit him under the cap though lol.

Also I could talk about Piety all day. I watch as much Blues games I can just because of him.

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
I talked to a few St Louis fans last year after the Weber offer sheet and they were legitimately scared because they know they don't have that type of money. Now with the new CBA, an offer sheet like the Weber one is out of the equation now. I said if they have trouble signing him and have problems trying to move him if things fall through, throw a big sheet at them. 60 million for 7 years or around there. It would be funny to watch Homer fit him under the cap though lol.

Also I could talk about Piety all day. I watch as much Blues games I can just because of him.

Same, they're basically my second team at this point. Love Backes, Oshie, Berglund, Pietro, Tarasenko, Polak, the whole lot. Very fun team to watch.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
I'd be more than fine with Shattenkirk.
Sign him to a Carl-like deal and see if St.Louis can match it with all their other RFA's.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
Especially when they are on a 900K contract.

Not for long anymore.
Read's contract is running out one year before Briere's and at the same time as Giroux', B.Schenn's and Couturier's.
I don't see him getting resigned unless we trade Simmonds.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Not for long anymore.
Read's contract is running out one year before Briere's and at the same time as Giroux', B.Schenn's and Couturier's.
I don't see him getting resigned unless we trade Simmonds.
Well it depends on what he makes. 50 ish point forwards (well 40-50) are in the 3-4 mil range i would guess.

We really gotta be careful trading forwards. We arent as "deep" as we used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad