The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
Yup! Center was the Leafs weakest position for like 10 solid years. Antropov, Grabovski, Bozak, Tim Connolly, Matt Lombardi, Dave Bolland, Peter Holland, Mike Santorelli. What a sad, sad list..

I was just thinking of this the other day and remembered that Joey freakin Crabb was tried as 1C :loony:. Sure is funny watching the Habs pulling this kind of thing lately though :biglaugh:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I do like how the moment Tavares put ink to paper he suddenly morphed into an aging veteran with an uncertain future, as if by sheer association with the Leafs he somehow turned into Patrick Marleau.

Reactions: Critical91

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yup! Center was the Leafs weakest position for like 10 solid years. Antropov, Grabovski, Bozak, Tim Connolly, Matt Lombardi, Dave Bolland, Peter Holland, Mike Santorelli. What a sad, sad list.

The 3 best centers the Leafs have had in a decade (Tavares, Matthews, Kadri) are all on the team and in their prime, right now. It's officially the teams biggest strength, and possibly the best for that position in the entire NHL.
That list...

ESiYZCQ.gif

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Just had to check back in to make sure this is real....John f***ing Tavares, Auston Matthews and Nazem Kadri are our top 3 centers...I never want to wake up from this dream lol

Reactions: BM14

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Still an amazing feeling that Tavares is a Leaf. I dug up some highlights from the last 2 seasons between the Leafs and Isles that helped convince Tavares to come home...:naughty:

5-0 shutout:

4-3 shootout:

7-1 drubbing while being 1 point apart fighting for the playoffs:

Last edited:
Reactions: iSophagus

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The Islanders Tavares thread is so funny to read.
"Komorov will KO Tavares" etc.

Almost as much of a joke as the team they'll ice now.
Let them be, they're in a pretty depressing state right now. Losing your captain and #1 center is a big loss for a team that is not in a good spot.
They'll get over it eventually I hope.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

member 300185

I was just thinking of this the other day and remembered that Joey freakin Crabb was tried as 1C :loony:. Sure is funny watching the Habs pulling this kind of thing lately though :biglaugh:
Remember when Colorado gave us "the Finger"?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The Islanders Tavares thread is so funny to read.
"Komorov will KO Tavares" etc.

Almost as much of a joke as the team they'll ice now.
It's pathetic, really.

A few of them saying that the Isles should make a video of a bunch of clips of JT saying he wants to stay on the Island and then show that for his "tribute" when he returns. Just so petty. There's about a 0% chance Lou does that, but it's funny seeing fans think that's deserved.

Even funnier is reading TWS posts lololol
He's such a plug. He's just beyond obsessed with the Leafs at this point.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It's pathetic, really.

A few of them saying that the Isles should make a video of a bunch of clips of JT saying he wants to stay on the Island and then show that for his "tribute" when he returns. Just so petty. There's about a 0% chance Lou does that, but it's funny seeing fans think that's deserved.

This pretty much never happens to a team so I guess this is the new level of reaction we should expect to see if a franchise C leaves a team he's been with for 9 years.
It might take a couple of seasons but hopefully they see how much he did for that team when management did nothing to support him during his time there.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
This pretty much never happens to a team so I guess this is the new level of reaction we should expect to see if a franchise C leaves a team he's been with for 9 years.
It might take a couple of seasons but hopefully they see how much he did for that team when management did nothing to support him during his time there.
I think they might be in for a real shock this year. For all of the barbs about "individual success" I don't know if they fully understand just how much this one player was responsible for their overall offensive depth - Looking at the stats of wingers like Parenteau, Okposo and Moulson, and seeing what they did when they played with Tavares compared to when they left New York... it's not a pretty picture.

Reactions: iSophagus

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
It's pathetic, really.

For some reason, it seems like a bunch of posters on this board are obsessed with him.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I agree, but saying that they want players to take runs at him is a bit ridiculous.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I agree, but saying that they want players to take runs at him is a bit ridiculous.
oh no for sure, the new level of reaction we should expect from the fan base is to be ridiculous. They've set the bar. (Would it be setting the bar low or high? can't decide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad