The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VIII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
My Eye test says that Smith and Fast were better then the charts say ;P Chytil was good in the OZone but had issues getting there, maybe same applies to Fast (same line) so that's why he's down and my mind has bias because of the fact he looked good in the OZone.

I thought KZB looked kinda flat, mostly because Kreider was poop. Starc Maal was atrocious with the puck.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Noticed this as well. Hank made what, 30 saves, and came away with a negative GSAA. Were Nashville's chances that weak?
It felt like they were pretty average to me, some pretty good ones, some ‘just throw it at the net’ kind of stuff, but I don’t recall seeing a missed tap in or something like that

Reactions: silverfish

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Noticed this as well. Hank made what, 30 saves, and came away with a negative GSAA. Were Nashville's chances that weak?
Feel like the xGF doesn’t really match up with what happened last night. Hank faced a lot of odd-man rushes because of bad plays by us and forced turnovers by Nashville.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
This is some Brendan Gallagher-tier shit right here:
upload_2018-10-5_16-7-36.png

Reactions: Ail

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sam Gagner is yet another unspectacular but very useful player who is now a pariah because he doesn't fit the bottom six paradigm.

Sam Gagner: Literally scores 50 points on the 4th line.

HFBoards posters, hockey fans, and NHL GMs: This guy is a top-6 or bust kind of player. If he’s not playing in your top-6, he’s a healthy scratch or he’s playing in the minors.

Reactions: Machinehead

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It felt like they were pretty average to me, some pretty good ones, some ‘just throw it at the net’ kind of stuff, but I don’t recall seeing a missed tap in or something like that
There definitely were a couple like that. The most obvious was a 3rd period 2 on none where if the rebound wasn't mishandled would have been an open net.

Obviously I can only base my opinion on obervations (eye test) and really only the ones in front of me. I only (clearly) saw 1 period with Rangers chances and 2 with Preds chances but despite that the Preds had a lot of odd man rushes and seemed to get chances on them, with Hank up to the task. The rangers had a few as well but didn't execute.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wonder what Hayes did to get such low ice time tonight

And nice to see pretty much everyone above the line in shot attempts

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Chytil’s numbers look about right from what I saw, he was tremendous
There was one shift where his line got stuck in their own zone for a while, and when they got it out he tried to make some play at the opposite blue line and turned it over and they couldn’t change, hank ended up covering the puck for a whistle and there was a shot of Hank giving Chytil a lil business (probably about making sure the puck gets deep so they can change) that I’m surprised no one brought up in the GDT. Other than that I thought he was great, he looked the fastest on the team all night

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If they lose, they lose.

That was humiliating. I was hoping to leave games like that behind us.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I don't know what the hell happened after the 1st period. Really dissapointing how they got destroyed after a solid 1st period.

Pionk continues to be an anchor possession wise, and I've been so dissapointed with Buch so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad