The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VIII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They both were bad, but Hayes made himself a more useful overall player while Miller still rides shooting% to his grave.

It’s a 180 and a flippant move on my part, but I’m glad we stuck with Hayes.

Don't feel bad, I blamed Hayes too.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
They both were bad, but Hayes made himself a more useful overall player while Miller still rides shooting% to his grave.

It’s a 180 and a flippant move on my part, but I’m glad we stuck with Hayes.

Don't feel bad, I blamed Hayes too.

When is this forum going to realize that I'm never wrong? You guys. Come on.

Appealing to authority is cancelled forever.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
A guy who has never put up points in any league and got absolutely destroyed during his cup of coffee last year but apparently earned a 4 year, $1m AAV contract from hockeyman Lou.

According to the Isles fans on the main board, he's a better Matt martin.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
According to the Isles fans on the main board, he's a better Matt martin.
Unfortunately there is no evidence to back this up on an objective standpoint.

Matt Martin had more points in one OHL season than Johnston totaled in 3 seasons in the Q. This is a lie, I missed Johnston's overage year.
Matt Martin had more points in one AHL Season than Johnston totaled across 4 years and 141 games.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Wow - Shatty still was on pace for .5 PPG last year, just below his career .6 PPG average even with a torn knee. Imagine what he could do for us healthy.

"Stop making excuses"

Reactions: Irishguy42

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Really? How many times after a playoff exit where we complained about players not playing well because of injury issues (like Girardi)? We accept that and believe they'll be fine the next season after they heal up. Maybe excuse was the wrong word but "hey if he wasn't injured he would have been great" just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Color me a jaded met fan but prove you can play well for a full season before assuming it.

Seems like you've never done any sport at a high level while on only one knee.

Thanks for playing.
It's posts like these that bring sunshine to my life. :shakehead

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Really? How many times after a playoff exit where we complained about players not playing well because of injury issues (like Girardi)? We accept that and believe they'll be fine the next season after they heal up. Maybe excuse was the wrong word but "hey if he wasn't injured he would have been great" just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Color me a jaded met fan but prove you can play well for a full season before assuming it.
Are you implying that Shattenkirk has never played well for a full-season? Like, we're discrediting his entire career because he played on one-leg for 40 games and still produced?

Tough crowd.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Seems like you've never done any sport at a high level while on only one knee.

Thanks for playing.

Imagine saying 'you never played the game' in the Advanced Stats thread

giphy.gif

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Carolina is building one of the league's best defenses. Tulsky gets promoted. Canes Announce Hockey Operations Promotions

Meanwhile, in Rangerland...
We still gonna suck off Carolina even though they haven’t made the playoffs in like 10 years?

(I’m just busting balls mostly but seriously Carolina hasnt done shit to deserve praise IMO, let’s see how they do this season)

Reactions: pdogfizzle and jas

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, I think it's a great move for Carolina. But let's see where they go in the next few years.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
We still gonna suck off Carolina even though they haven’t made the playoffs in like 10 years?

(I’m just busting balls mostly but seriously Carolina hasnt done **** to deserve praise IMO, let’s see how they do this season)
They've done everything right except get saves. This season will be telling. I think they're a playoff team assuming Darling gets his head out of his ass.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

(I’m just busting balls mostly but seriously Carolina hasnt done **** to deserve praise IMO, let’s see how they do this season)

I hear you, but to be a broken record again, I would hope see them just once work with a goalie who isn't consistently bad (Cam Ward) or is Scott Darling (Scott Darling).

:laugh:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Darling GSAA by season:

8.45 (14gp)
-0.28 (29gp)
11.28 (32)
-21.56 (43gp)
[Corsica, all situations]

I really doubt he's that bad again this season.
I’m really interested in how he does this season in a new system along with how the flames do with bill peters and how cam ward does with Chicago

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Darling GSAA by season:

8.45 (14gp)
-0.28 (29gp)
11.28 (32)
-21.56 (43gp)
[Corsica, all situations]

I really doubt he's that bad again this season.
ROD BRIND'AMOUR TOFFNESS EFFECT. CORSI CANES UNDER PETERS WERE SAWFT

Did I do that right?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
They've done everything right except get saves. This season will be telling. I think they're a playoff team assuming Darling gets his head out of his ass.
I think they dropped the ball this offseason in terms of fixing that problem. Who’s making the saves? Even when Darling bounces back (which he will, because he was so bad last season it would be impossible for him to be worse), will it be enough? Will his “bounce back” have him playing as an average goalie or as a below average goalie?

I also don’t get firing Peters and handing the job to their version of Messier. Don’t you think that could interfere with their promising underlying numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad