Post-Game Talk: The 3 "GOATS" of the Game

Your 3 "Goats" of this debacle...err, I mean game

• Total voters

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Our three wins are weak… barely beat a winless Blackhawk team, come back win against the sabres, crappy expansion team Kraken

To some extent that’s still improvement from last season when they probably lose the BUF game. If you want to say they can’t beat the good teams but they are beating the teams they are supposed to that’s not a bad place to start. If they lost a close game to CAL with some better goaltending it might not seem so bleak.

Reactions: Barry Tallackson

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Zacha is basically the only guy on the team taking dangerous shots it seems, in part cause he's cutting toward the net. Some were gimmies last night of course but these perimeter shots Bratt and Sharangovich have been taking have been very uninspiring (in before someone shows me some chart that says Zacha's xGFper60 sucks).

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our three wins are weak… barely beat a winless Blackhawk team, come back win against the sabres, crappy expansion team Kraken
Chicago only looked competitive against us because we couldn't kill penalties/6 on 5. That's been a lingering problem that's carried over from last year. It's almost like if we take more than two penalties, we're definitely getting scored on by the other team's power play at least once.

I have to say that I don't think this is a good team without while missing Hughes, our NHL caliber goalies, McLeod any higher than the 4th line, guys like Geertsen playing at all, etc.

But I think we're at least an average team with Hughes. And perhaps better than that if Nico can at least get back to his 50+ point pace, Bratt too and definitely if Blackwood plays to his averages prior to last season and Bernier at least being average.

I don't even think our defense is that bad, but the bottom pairing is a real anchor. I think it's more due to Subban than Siegenthaler, but I'm not a fan of Seigs either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Chicago only looked competitive against us because we couldn't kill penalties/6 on 5. That's been a lingering problem that's carried over from last year. It's almost like if we take more than two penalties, we're definitely getting scored on by the other team's power play at least once.

I have to say that I don't think this is a good team without while missing Hughes, our NHL caliber goalies, McLeod any higher than the 4th line, guys like Geertsen playing at all, etc.

But I think we're at least an average team with Hughes. And perhaps better than that if Nico can at least get back to his 50+ point pace, Bratt too and definitely if Blackwood plays to his averages prior to last season and Bernier at least being average.

I don't even think our defense is that bad, but the bottom pairing is a real anchor. I think it's more due to Subban than Siegenthaler, but I'm not a fan of Seigs either.

That's would be a lot for any team to overcome injury wise. The entire goalie tandem especially. You are in trouble if you have have rely on your 3rd and 4th string goalie for extended periods.

Plus we started the season without Severson and Smith for a bunch of games.

Special teams are legit concerning so far though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad