GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I’ll be so excited if they take Michkov. But relieved if they don’t haha.
In true Coyote fan fashion I'll quickly allow myself to dream about him being the next great Russian in the NHL, a Bedard vs Michkov rivalry will surely be abrewing. Then after anxiously awaiting 3 years for his arrival he'll come over and it'll become clear he's not the next Ovie but rather the next Nikita Filatov.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
If it's Reinbacher at #6, then we took the right guy. I trust the scouts did their research and know what they're doing. I can't really see them in meetings saying "Gosh, this Leonard kid plays like Tkachuk but we really need a defenseman." lol I just hope it's at #12 or not at all. I think we're getting Dvorsky and Benson.
Regarding Michkov, BA called him a ghost yesterday, implying (poker face) he's not even on our radar but has been our guy the entire time. I hope Michkov goes to San Jose or Anaheim and we get Leonard or Smith. That way I won't lose any sleep for the next three years.

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
BA goes all in...takes Michkov at #6 and to help mitigate concerns about getting him here and being comfortable he takes Simashev at #12. :D

This actually hurt my eyeballs to read...

In true Coyote fan fashion I'll quickly allow myself to dream about him being the next great Russian in the NHL, a Bedard vs Michkov rivalry will surely be abrewing. Then after anxiously awaiting 3 years for his arrival he'll come over and it'll become clear he's not the next Ovie but rather the next Nikita Filatov.

I was going to say that maybe Michkov is the next Alexandre Daigle, but then I remembered that not only does Pavel Brendl exist, but he was once a Coyote to boot.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m feeling today like this:

Reinbacher: 33%
Leonard: 33%
Dvorsky: 33%
Michkov: 1%

And they way they keep smirking and taking about “the unexpected” I wonder if they don’t have But and/Simashev like waaaaay up on their list. Maybe even Wallinder?

On Spittin’ Chiclets, the guys kept talking about how insane the surprises are going to be in on the top five to ten picks. That it’s going to be crazy. They seem to think Smith could go as high as 2nd and hinted at Wallinder going shockingly high.
Dvorsky 40%
Leonard 30%
Reinbacher 15%
Michkov 5%
Trade 10%

Reactions: gorsk11

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon

I love that this starts with the "all the negativity that surrounds us" quote ... like, yep, it's there, but we're building a team anyway and in 4 years we're going to shove this all up everyone's butt.

Random German language appearance from Teal Fowler.

Expect the unexpected - give us Michkov please
My "unexpected" would be Adam Fantilli sliding to us at 6, do that pls.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
My "unexpected" would be Adam Fantilli sliding to us at 6, do that pls.
If the Yotes ended up with Fantilli I would be over the moon but only if it's because they traded up. Players that were consensus top 3 but slide down twice that make me very nervous. Like how the hell would Fantilli suddenly be available at #6 and there not be huge question marks?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I want to see trades! Some team trading up for Michkov. Some teams trading down for extra picks. Some teams using picks to acquire roster help. I want to see trades, I don't want to see the draft go like hfboards mock.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I want to see trades! Some team trading up for Michkov. Some teams trading down for extra picks. Some teams using picks to acquire roster help. I want to see trades, I don't want to see the draft go like hfboards mock.
Market will be paralyzed until Anaheim makes pick.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If it's Reinbacher at #6, we then we took the right guy. I trust the scouts did their research and know what they're doing. I can't really see them in meetings saying "Gosh, this Leonard kid plays like Tkachuk but we really need a defenseman." lol I just hope it's at #12 or not at all. I think we're getting Dvorsky and Benson.
Regarding Michkov, BA called him a ghost yesterday, implying (poker face) he's not even on our radar but has been our guy the entire time. I hope Michkov goes to San Jose or Anaheim and we get Leonard or Smith. That way I won't lose any sleep for the next three years.
I’m with you. Hope you’re right.

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
At this point I am preparing myself for 1 prospect from our dinner group and 1 not in that group. Then maybe, the 'unexpected' will happen and we get two from that group :) That said, I would not mind Simashev at 12.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If it's Reinbacher at #6, we then we took the right guy. I trust the scouts did their research and know what they're doing. I can't really see them in meetings saying "Gosh, this Leonard kid plays like Tkachuk but we really need a defenseman." lol I just hope it's at #12 or not at all. I think we're getting Dvorsky and Benson.
The Yote's aren't taking Reinbacher. He won't be BPA at this position of the draft and BA has stated it's BPA. I don't believe anything coming out of the GM's mouth this time of year.

Reactions: Llewzaher

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Don't get that much talk and much love for russians, being fluent in ru language and rus mentality I find michkov very selfish. Great athletes are not always good guys, but that's it. And missing combine is part of it, he thinks he is the best so what combine? His father killed, character issues, big money in khl, so just stay away. And Coyotes have poor history drafting russians.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The Yote's aren't taking Reinbacher. He won't be BPA at this position of the draft and BA has stated it's BPA. I don't believe anything coming out of the GM's mouth this time of year.
I think a lot of us would’ve considered mateychuk to be BPA ahead of Geekie last year, we just don’t have any idea how BA and co. are ranking these kids.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This is crazy. Michkov at #2 opened around+2200.
I grabbed him at two about thirty minutes ago at +1800.
Screenshot_20230628-110047.png

He's+400 now...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628-111138.png
    Screenshot_20230628-111138.png
    83 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: ck26

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
And Coyotes have poor history drafting russians.

This 1000%. I can count the number of Russian players we've drafted that have actually come to play for us on one hand. Hell, for most of this century it was like we'd just throw picks away on Russian players who would then sit untouched at the bottom of our pool for years without even a single subsequent mention.

I remember talking to Don Maloney at one of our preseason camps years ago and asking him about our Russian prospects and whether they would ever come over to North America, and he laughed and said "No" in a tone of voice that made me feel like it was the dumbest question of all time.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think a lot of us would’ve considered mateychuk to be BPA ahead of Geekie last year, we just don’t have any idea how BA and co. are ranking these kids.
I had Geekie way higher on my list. I saw Mateychuk get injured in a game i was at in Regina and i had some concerns about that.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I would have taken Mateychuk ahead of Geekie as well. I would be shocked and disappointed if our selection is Reinbacher at 6.
If this happens it's going to haunt me.

Mateychuk + Dvorksy >>>> Geekie + Reinbacher to me. Obviously too waaaaay too early to call it but it will be in the back of my mind for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad