Pre-Game Talk: The 2023-2024 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop singing the praises of de Haan after yesterday's practice:

"I just know when we've played against him, and he's - how do I describe him, he's a guy that will do anything to keep the puck out of the net. Naturally all these guys want to score, but he knows that's not where his butter's bread. He's an excellent penalty killer. When he was at (the 2017 World Championships) with us, especially in the big rink to see if he could get around, he was great for us. Couple that with what a genuine good guy he is, just a fun guy to be around, we knew he was a fit for us. I was hoping one of these years we'd be able to get him, and there's a reason he's snatched up by other teams. Fortunately for us he was available and once he gets use to the way we play, he's bounced around from some different systems, he's gonna be a solid addition to our team."

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop on Gauthier earlier today:

"First impression was a good one. I thought he took definite strides forward last night in that game. He didn't look like an 18 year old. Like our team last night, we got better as that game went on, and he was one of them."
"It's hard to sit here and say, I guess technically he got cut, but these guys are coming in here, just drafted, knowing they're not going to make this team. So, I'd like to say these kids come in here and it's their first experience with our team and I hope it was a positive one for him, because it was positive for us on the other side."

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Now it's looking more like a 2nd line with Paul on left wing, which a big improvement over the previous lines. I love Stamkos at center and think he should get precedence there over Cirelli or Paul. I'd like to see Groshev in place of ABB, but would take whoever has the better chemistry or is more complimentary to the line.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Stamkos just has way better chemistry with Paul than Cirelli. Also i’d prefer for Cirelli to be the best 3rd line center in the league rather than a mediocre 2nd line one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad