Pre-Game Talk: The 2023-2024 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Training camp will open with medicals, testing and media day on Wednesday, September 20.
On-ice practices will begin at the TGH Ice Plex on Thursday, September 21.

camp roster:

Forwards (35)
  • 11 LUKE GLENDENING
  • 12 ALEX BARRE-BOULET
  • 20 NICK PAUL
  • 21 BRAYDEN POINT
  • 22 LOGAN BROWN
  • 23 MICHAEL EYSSIMONT
  • 32 JAYDON DUREAU
  • 33 JOE CARROLL* (invite)
  • 34 BENNETT MACARTHUR
  • 38 BRANDON HAGEL
  • 39 WALTTERI MERELA
  • 40 GABRIEL DUMONT* (AHL contract)
  • 41 MITCHELL CHAFFEE
  • 42 FELIX ROBERT
  • 45 COLE KOEPKE
  • 51 AUSTIN WATSON* (PTO)
  • 52 MAXIM GROSHEV
  • 54 LUCAS EDMONDS
  • 55 DANIEL WALKER* (invite)
  • 58 ILYA USAU
  • 61 TRISTAN ALLARD* (AHL contract)
  • 62 JACK FINLEY
  • 64 TYLER MOTTE
  • 71 ANTHONY CIRELLI
  • 73 CONOR SHEARY
  • 82 GABRIEL FORTIER
  • 83 SHAWN ELEMENT* (AHL contract)
  • 84 TANNER JEANNOT
  • 85 DANIEL WALCOTT* (AHL contract)
  • 86 NIKITA KUCHEROV
  • 89 ETHAN GAUTHIER
  • 91 STEVEN STAMKOS
  • 93 GAGE GONCALVES
  • 95 ETHAN HAY
  • 96 GABRIEL SZTURC* (invite)
Defensemen (19)
  • 5 PHILIPPE MYERS
  • 7 HAYDN FLEURY
  • 24 ZACH BOGOSIAN
  • 28 JACK THOMPSON
  • 29 DEVANTE STEPHENS* (AHL contract)
  • 43 DARREN RADDYSH
  • 44 CALVIN DE HAAN
  • 46 SCOTT WALFORD* (invite)
  • 48 NICK PERBIX
  • 49 LOUKA HENAULT* (invite)
  • 57 DYLLAN GILL
  • 65 MAX CROZIER
  • 67 DECLAN CARLILE
  • 74 SEAN DAY
  • 76 ROMAN SCHMIDT
  • 77 VICTOR HEDMAN
  • 78 EMIL MARTINSEN LILLEBERG
  • 81 ERIK CERNAK
  • 98 MIKHAIL SERGACHEV
Goaltenders (6)
  • 31 JONAS JOHANSSON
  • 35 EVAN FITZPATRICK* (AHL contract)
  • 60 HUGO ALNEFELT
  • 70 BEN GAUDREAU* (invite)
  • 88 ANDREI VASILEVSKIY
  • 90 MATT TOMKINS

Last edited:

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
we have 5 contract spots open, Im gonna assume Watson gets one of those, Element will likely stay on his AHL contract but made a case for getting a NHL contract during the showcase. Szturc could be another AHL contract guy

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
we have 5 contract spots open, Im gonna assume Watson gets one of those, Element will likely stay on his AHL contract but made a case for getting a NHL contract during the showcase. Szturc could be another AHL contract guy
At least with the past few years, none of the invitee prospects got contracts.

Watson is probably going to get a deal, but since the first day of the cap is a big hassle, he might sign after that. That'd also likely mean no pre-season games.

Ottawa wanted to sign him to a one-year deal. He can probably get deals from many teams in the league, but he's on a PTO here.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Finally. Now to pick my avatar.... Serge or Vasy....

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Finally. Now to pick my avatar.... Serge or Vasy....
Both?

t6RCVPA.png

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I honestly believe he will be out played by Merela in camp and the pre-season.
I'm hoping he is, to be honest, no shade to him. Watson is 31 with a history of getting punched in the head, that doesn't disqualify you by any means but it shouldn't be a surprise that guys pushed into scrapping roles tend to fall off a little sooner when it comes to production. I think he is a solid backup plan to have in case Merela or whoever doesn't work out. I think hes an insurance policy for JBB so he doesn't have another Koepke stretch in the bottom six like last year.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Will preaseasson games be streamed? And by stream I mean at least watchable quality,not made by camera from drunk shaky guy from his nokia 3310xD

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Will preaseasson games be streamed? And by stream I mean at least watchable quality,not made by camera from drunk shaky guy from his nokia 3310xD
The Bally/RSN schedule should be coming out in the next few days.

Nashville, Florida, and Carolina all are Bally markets as well. They should be able to work something out.

Reactions: Peacefool

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Preseason games were never on Bally though. Pretty sure it'll just be on the teams website and a jumbotron feed + radio audio. All you can hope for is they found a way to improve the quality.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Preseason games were never on Bally though. Pretty sure it'll just be on the teams website and a jumbotron feed + radio audio. All you can hope for is they found a way to improve the quality.
Typically, yes, but they've broadcasted a preseason game from Orlando before.

I see that the Wild and Magic have had their preseason on Bally.

Between a shared video feed, and being able to call games on a monitor, they could make it work.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Im really happy ABB got to skate with the main group today. Things are fluid in training camp and with preseason combos, but that should give him a little boost of confidence. ABB has been skating with these guys in Tampa for at least a month as well.

I'm interested to see how ABB does this time around. I trust Groulx and he raved last April that ABB's game was "better than ever." Let's see. I think many of us would love nothing more than for ABB to finally catch on and become the NHL player he can be. Nothing will be given, but as Coop said, there's an opening if you can win it.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

Im really happy ABB got to skate with the main group today. Things are fluid in training camp and with preseason combos, but that should give him a little boost of confidence. ABB has been skating with these guys in Tampa for at least a month as well.

I'm interested to see how ABB does this time around. I trust Groulx and he raved last April that ABB's game was "better than ever." Let's see. I think many of us would love nothing more than for ABB to finally catch on and become the NHL player he can be. Nothing will be given, but as Coop said, there's an opening if you can win it.

Killer wearing the quack sweater is just so wrong. Damn the salary cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad