Pre-Game Talk: The 2021/2022 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

JB - "Hey guys were looking at sending Jonah Gadjovich down. Any interest in trading for him? "

GM - "Uh cant we just take him for free then?"....click......."Hello...Jim you there?"

And Kuzma yes l get the fact this league has become such a friggen joke with PPs for all this ticky tack shit where guys cant actually battle for positioning and it takes guys like Jarome Iginla and Sid Crosby (who's special talents in many ways were how they could just simply out work/muscle guys) to show what separates the real superstars from the figure skaters of this league that we have to employ a bunch of time killing PK guys who are super duper important. And then the playoffs will come and the figure skaters will be out in the 1st round and the black aces that can actually win battles and create space become important again.

And all this stupid ranting i'm doing has nothing to do with the fact that Gadjovich deserved a long look in camp unlike the dreadful minor leaguers that ate up all the ice time......which is pretty much the crux of all this anger and disappointment for most here.

If he finished up with a couple dreadful games where he looked lost and miles from anything effective in pre season hockey would anyone been upset......not me. But that's not how this played out

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
JB - "Hey guys were looking at sending Jonah Gadjovich down. Any interest in trading for him? "

GM - "Uh cant we just take him for free then?"....click......."Hello...Jim you there?"

And Kuzma yes l get the fact this league has become such a friggen joke with PPs for all this ticky tack shit where guys cant actually battle for positioning and it takes guys like Jarome Iginla and Sid Crosby (who's special talents in many ways were how they could just simply out work/muscle guys) to show what separates the real superstars from the figure skaters of this league that we have to employ a bunch of time killing PK guys who are super duper important. And then the playoffs will come and the figure skaters will be out in the 1st round and the black aces that can actually win battles and create space become important again.

And all this stupid ranting i'm doing has nothing to do with the fact that Gadjovich deserved a long look in camp unlike the dreadful minor leaguers that ate up all the ice time......which is pretty much the crux of all this anger and disappointment for most here.

If he finished up with a couple dreadful games where he looked lost and miles from anything effective in pre season hockey would anyone been upset......not me. But that's not how this played out
Yeah,..it's unfortunate..I commented in the Abbotsford scrimmage games, how dramatically his skating had improved..It is surprising they didnt give him more of a look.

Reactions: sting101

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
It would certainly seem like Juolevi is being cut.

Yes seems like it. 5th overall pick on waivers potentially - that’s rough.

Hunt should be in the lineup over Schenn IMO.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Juolevis career over here is prob gonna be done and dusted by his skating. Seems like its just seen as unplayable. If its the product of all those injuries and surgeries that really does suck for him

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Replace Chiasson with Boeser and that’s the opening line up

When players are coming back
Sutter and Motte will prob push Di and Petan out the line up
Hamonic when ever he’s back will push Schenn out

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Yes seems like it. 5th overall pick on waivers potentially - that’s rough.

Hunt should be in the lineup over Schenn IMO.
Laid out like this...it truly is an incredible collection of only the finest talent available.

it truly is impressive the way the team finds only the most pungent of garbage to add to the back end every off season.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't expect Hamonic to come back.

Chiasson will get a contract and that will push one of Di Guiseppe, Petan, and Dowling out of the lineup when Boeser returns.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I mean if you are the chopping block behind the likes of Schenn, Bowey and Burroughs it’s not a good thing that’s for sure. I’m not sure those guys should be anything more than 8/9 on a depth chart in the NHL.

While I’m certainly not a fan of the coaching staff I’m guessing they see the same thing most of us see. A guy who simply can’t keep up or recover if a pinch goes even slightly bad or a gap gets a little too big and the opposition builds speed to the outside or there are quick plays down low.

I expect he clears waivers and wouldn’t be shocked to see a mutual contract termination followed by a contract in Europe. Maybe not the second part but certainly the first.

Reactions: DarrenX

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Little bit concerning that Boeser isn’t practicing even in a non contact jersey or alone. Doubt he’ll be ready for game 1.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Little bit concerning that Boeser isn’t practicing even in a non contact jersey or alone. Doubt he’ll be ready for game 1.

Yeah, have been thinking the same. I don't think he'll be ready for the opener. It's 5 days away and if he's not even practicing ... seems very doubtful.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I'm a bit confused here.
Didnt' Hamonic NOT opt out ? That would mean he's playing the season correct? if he doenst show up then he's voided his contract? am i missing something here?

also, is there any word if they actually expect Boeser to miss game 1 of the season?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'm a bit confused here.
Didnt' Hamonic NOT opt out ? That would mean he's playing the season correct? if he doenst show up then he's voided his contract? am i missing something here?

also, is there any word if they actually expect Boeser to miss game 1 of the season?

It all depends on what the NHL and NHLPA rules and agreement are with non-vaccinated players. A team can set a rule all it wants but if the NHLPA files a grievance then there's not much the team can do without short of him to the AHL.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I see Nicolas Meloche is on Waivers today. I really liked him in his draft year and I think he would be worth a claim. He is also being waived by SJS

Reactions: Lindgren

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Was Carson Focht not sent down? Don’t tell me we have to watch one more preseason game of him.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Replace Chiasson with Boeser and that’s the opening line up

When players are coming back
Sutter and Motte will prob push Di and Petan out the line up
Hamonic when ever he’s back will push Schenn out

That forward group, with the exception of Gadjovich, would match my top 12 from preseason. Would have preferred Gadjovich got a look over 4 of those guys, but other than that no disagreement with this group.

Juolevi not being in the top 9 is mind boggling to me. I realize I've been more impressed with his preseason play than many have, but Schenn is garbage, Hunt was exposed badly vs EDM last night, Bowey has shown better than expected and is a RHS, but imo OJ is still the better player. Rathbone has flashed, both good and bad, and while I feel he'd be better served in Abby, I love his upside and can understand him making the opening day roster.

Have to believe the bag skate was the final straw for Juolevi. Hard to believe imo that an objective evaluation of the preseason games leaves OJ outside this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad