GDT: The 2020 NCAA Football Thread

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Wish the schools would have a Football conference a Basketball conference and then everything else..
These Football moves are hurting basketball and destroying the non revenue sports..
Basketball moves would hurt non revenue sports so separate all of them..

Reactions: DaveG

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Kansas is absolutely another. The B1G will gladly accept a homecoming game in conference to get Kansas basketball on BTN.
I agree. While Kansas football sucks and has sucked for a long time outside of 2007 for the most part where they were somehow world beaters under Mangino, they have perhaps the most iconic, consistent and successful college basketball program, and they're an AAU member. B1G would be absolutely crazy to turn them down in expansion.

Last edited:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I don’t think the B1G would expand right now unless they thought they could get Notre Dame. In that case, Kansas would be fine as a +1. But as the primary expansion school, I don’t think it would work. Because who’s #16? Iowa State? The B1G already has the Iowa market covered and I doubt the Hawkeyes would agree to it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I don’t think the B1G would expand right now unless they thought they could get Notre Dame. In that case, Kansas would be fine as a +1. But as the primary expansion school, I don’t think it would work. Because who’s #16? Iowa State? The B1G already has the Iowa market covered and I doubt the Hawkeyes would agree to it.

Thats why I think they go beyond the B12 and add Colorado.

Add a rapidly growing state, a major market in Denver, and bring one of the great rivalries under the B1G (Nebraska-Colorado.)

Reactions: DaveG and Canes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad