GDT: The 2020 NCAA Football Thread

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
NC State announced a series with Florida for the 2026 (home) and 2032 (away) seasons today. It’s a step in the right direction. Hopefully they can add a few more bigger names to the non conference schedule

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Will there even be a 2020 season? All indications are that CFB may move to Spring or just outright cancel.

NC State announced a series with Florida for the 2026 (home) and 2032 (away) seasons today. It’s a step in the right direction. Hopefully they can add a few more bigger names to the non conference schedule

Don't be shocked if it gets canceled along with their series w/ LSU and Oklahoma State among others and they have to schedule Western Carolina or whoever to make up the difference. How often does Florida even leave their state to play true non-conference road games anyway?

My favorite recent series cancellation is Michigan State vs Alabama because 'Bama refused to play Sparty in Lansing and instead wanted them to play in Atlanta.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
State is in trouble if Ruff McNeil has any influence on their program.

he destroyed the ECU program and it didn’t become apparent until too late after the Wonder boy left.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
RIP college football season 2020-2020

Will be interesting to see if any of the elite talent play in a spring season. If players like Fields or Lawrence opt out so they can prepare for the draft my interest in a spring season is lukewarm at best. Better than nothing I guess.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
B1G: "It's about player safety."

Also B1G: "Our plans are to play in the spring so our kids will play two full seasons in one calendar year."
Yeah if they really cared it would be a flat out cancellation of the season. This is mostly about liability and gate revenue I'm guessing. They're praying a vaccine can be rolled out by spring.

Reactions: Tryamw and MinJaBen

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Yeah if they really cared it would be a flat out cancellation of the season. This is mostly about liability and gate revenue I'm guessing. They're praying a vaccine can be rolled out by spring.

IMO they just didn't have the balls to straight up say "it's cancelled" so they make it seem like they're listening to the players who've made it clear they want to play. Everybody knows a spring season ain't happening, it makes no logical sense for a multitude of reasons.

I'm honestly curious about what the likes of Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio State etc. do next. Those schools were vocal about playing regardless, do they call the Big 12 or something (if that's even legal)?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
IMO they just didn't have the balls to straight up say "it's cancelled" so they make it seem like they're listening to the players who've made it clear they want to play. Everybody knows a spring season ain't happening, it makes no logical sense for a multitude of reasons.

I'm honestly curious about what the likes of Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio State etc. do next. Those schools were vocal about playing regardless, do they call the Big 12 or something (if that's even legal)?
Who knows what the contracts say, I'm guessing only the lawyers for those schools/conferences really know.

I know the SEC, ACC and Big XII want to play but I'm still not sure if they'll be able to pull it off either.

What a mess. These conferences literally had 6 months to come up with a plan and they failed miserably.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Who knows what the contracts say, I'm guessing only the lawyers for those schools/conferences really know.

I know the SEC, ACC and Big XII want to play but I'm still not sure if they'll be able to pull it off either.

What a mess. These conferences literally had 6 months to come up with a plan and they failed miserably.
MLB mostly has...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Good win for WVU over Baylor today. The defense was a f***ing wall all day. The game easily should have been a blowout but bad turnovers kept Baylor in it.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Maybe this will finally be the year that the AP/Coaches will realize that Texas ain't shit and stop ranking them in the top 10....

... ah, who am I kidding? They'll be #7 in the preseason top 25 next year.

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Hokies have had a couple gutsy wins with over 20 out for covid each game and missing many defensive coaches both games. They were decimated in the secondary today and played pretty well with some true freshmen and walk ons back there. The opponents may not have been anything special, but impressive showings.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Arkansas won an actual SEC conference game ... on the road against a ranked opponent. 2020 keeps throwing these swerves, I tell ya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad